Unique electric car

Hi gottdi, Lets go one by one. What exaggeration are you talking about? Could it be where I say the electric EVette will hold a 1,000lbs of battereis and more, and the vehicle ( with out batteries) only weighs about a 1,000lbs, a one to one ratio, and the feaf weighs about3,500lbs, and was 660lbs of batteris. Not many batteries.

Tom Sines:D

[QUOTE=unique electric car;9925]Hi gottdi, Lets go one by one. What exaggeration are you talking about? Could it be where I say the electric EVette will hold a 1,000lbs of battereis and more, and the vehicle ( with out batteries) only weighs about a 1,000lbs, a one to one ratio, and the feaf weighs about3,500lbs, and was 660lbs of batteris. Not many batteries.

Tom Sines:D[/QUOTE]

Why did you just repeat the same thing?

Hi gottdi, One reason the EVette only weighs a 1,000lbs is because it has electronic steering. All the things that normally steer a car are not there. No front suspension, tires, rims, ball joints, tie rods, steering wheel, power steering, and the substantial frame to hold all that up. for a full size car, thats a lot of weight. Looking forward to your rebuttal.
Electric EVette

Hi gottdi, One reason the EVette only weighs a 1,000lbs is because it has electronic steering. All the things that normally steer a car are not there. No front suspension, tires, rims, ball joints, tie rods, steering wheel, power steering, and the substantial frame to hold all that up. for a full size car, thats a lot of weight. Looking forward to your rebuttal.
Electric EVette

Hi gottdi, Evidently, you don`t understand. This is an experimental electric car. Whether it has lithium or lead batteries is not the point. Its about the capacity to hold a harge battery pack for more distance.( all other things being equal). Make sense?

[QUOTE=unique electric car;9928]Hi gottdi, One reason the EVette only weighs a 1,000lbs is because it has electronic steering. All the things that normally steer a car are not there. No front suspension, tires, rims, ball joints, tie rods, steering wheel, power steering, and the substantial frame to hold all that up. for a full size car, thats a lot of weight. Looking forward to your rebuttal.
Electric EVette[/QUOTE]

A three wheeled vehicle is not exactly my cup of tea. I see it works sort of. Not terribly stable and the suspension on that just sucks. My Leaf has full electronic steering too. I understand that you removed the front suspension in favor of a freely rotating front wheel with minimal to no suspension. Kinda like those old trailers that have a swivel wheel on them. I understand you steer via the rear wheels too. God those monster wheels must drag the vehicle so. Canā€™t imagine good low rolling resistance. Mileage must totally suck.

I guess if I took off the front suspension I could remove a couple hundred lbs too. Much of the weight difference is not the front suspension but the body. Yours is fiberglass. Mine is not. I prefer to have 4 wheels and a stable ride.

Yes I know you can turn on a dime but that is only when moving very slowly. Not very practical on the roads or even in our style of parking lots. Not practical enough to warrant the inclusion of rear wheel steering and single swivel front wheel.

Cant imagine this thing being very stable at 60 mph. Canā€™t even imagine being daring enough to even try. My life insurance is not good enough for the risk.

Hi gottfi, I think its time for my ā€œ10-10 challengeā€ Here it is, I say you can`t stay within 10ft of the electric EVette for 10secā€¦ Roles, two lane street, Okeechobee Florida city street laws only. No burning rubber, no driving on the
shouder, no backing up except to turn. The way good drivers drive. It will be fun watching you gerk the steering back and forth. For the EVette its just a flick of the wrist.:smiley:
Electric EVette

[QUOTE=unique electric car;9931]Hi gottfi, I think its time for my ā€œ10-10 challengeā€ Here it is, I say you can`t stay within 10ft of the electric EVette for 10secā€¦ Roles, two lane street, Okeechobee Florida city street laws only. No burning rubber, no driving on the
shouder, no backing up except to turn. The way good drivers drive. It will be fun watching you gerk the steering back and forth. For the EVette its just a flick of the wrist.:smiley:
Electric EVette[/QUOTE]

You are still parroting that quote. Damn Tom you said that years ago. Nothing new to say. So far you have shown no improvement and I suspect that this may be an auto responder programmed by you to answer any response to any post you have made. Some responses are pretty old and still exactly the same as before. I mean exactly. Very scripted, very old.

Never drove a Leaf have you. Sorry but I will not be jerking the wheel around at all.

:slight_smile:

Hi gottdi, This is fun. I still use it, because it makes a statment. Conventional cars drive like a tank, compared to the electric EVette. By the way. you said your batteries are in a metal box under the passenger compartment, very hard to service. You better hope those 192 cells work, or that leaf will end up as junk in your garage.
Electric EVette

Actually Tom it is rather boring. You need a new angle. Really. With my experience with lead acid cells Iā€™d much rather have my lithiums sealed in the chassis. By the way. they are accessible and I wonā€™t have to worry if any service is every needed. I also donā€™t miss hefting around those heavy lugs and quite frankly I donā€™t miss having to replace the lead acid every two years or sooner.

You might think of putting in some lithiums in your beast and putting some decent street tires on the rear rather than those huge mongo balloons.

I trust my lithiums fully. Sorry you donā€™t.

Good by. Same old crap. Sorry you feel you need to keep up with your same old ideas. It really is time to do some upgrading. After all this time I am sure you have saved enough to make your beast better.

Please donā€™t parrot things to me. I donā€™t need you to sell your car idea to me. Its a good idea and you have made it work. But how practical will it be for the masses? Even with a different body design that is easier to egress.

Since there has been no further advancement it is of no further interest.

Hi gottdi, The EVette is a modified Lamborghini, an Italian masterpiece. When they made this body they threw away the mold, with a name like gottdi you know in your heart its true. Yes, its not easy getting in this car, but once inside a couple of NFL football players would be comfortable. Living in Florida, those big 37" dune grappler, all terrain tires, with American racing rims are great for riding on the beach, or in swampy areas. Also, with two powerlul motors this car has no problem going up hills, or rough terrain. This car would make a great recreational vehicle. Sadly the feaf has none of these attributes. OK, your turn.
Electric EVette

[QUOTE=unique electric car;9940]Hi gottdi, The EVette is a modified Lamborghini, an Italian masterpiece. When they made this body they threw away the mold, with a name like gottdi you know in your heart its true. Yes, its not easy getting in this car, but once inside a couple of NFL football players would be comfortable. Living in Florida, those big 37" dune grappler, all terrain tires, with American racing rims are great for riding on the beach, or in swampy areas. Also, with two powerlul motors this car has no problem going up hills, or rough terrain. This car would make a great recreational vehicle. Sadly the feaf has none of these attributes. OK, your turn.
Electric EVette[/QUOTE]

Well sadly Tom my car has plenty of room for easy egress for 4 huge NFL Football Players.
Sadly Tom I donā€™t have a swamp to slog around in in our neck of the woods.
Sadly if we did I would not drive my car in the swamp.
Sadly I donā€™t do off road driving in my commuter car.
Sadly it is a commuter car and not a recreational vehicle.

Sadly the Lamborghini is not an ideal commuter.

Sadly I donā€™t use gasoline anymore.

Sadly mine wonā€™t ever be driven on the Beach.

Sadly mine is safer
Sadly mine will go further
Sadly mine can be safely driven at freeway speeds
Sadly mine is one you an actually go buy.

Sadly yours is one of a kind.

Thank GOD.

Tom,

A Swamp Slogger is not an attribute.

Hi gottdi, Whats up with that goofy steering wheel anyway? It just gets in the way, and its so slow. The EVette can go into a full turn in milliseconds, easy. Planes have been flying by wire for years, why not cars. comments?
Electric EVette

[QUOTE=unique electric car;9947]Hi gottdi, Whats up with that goofy steering wheel anyway? It just gets in the way, and its so slow. The EVette can go into a full turn in milliseconds, easy. Planes have been flying by wire for years, why not cars. comments?
Electric EVette[/QUOTE]

Whats up with the goofy sticks. Hard to just jump in and go without considerable practice. Not safe at any speed. Touchy and unsafe. In an emergency if I were the only one to get you to the hospital youā€™d be **** out of luck.

Well at freeway or normal road way speeds no one needs more than a wheel anyway. Itā€™s easy to control. As for the turning, well no one would need to turn on a dime while moving at 35 mph now would they!

Frankly no one is in that big a hurry to need to turn on a dime. It is quite fine to do as it is now.

It has been proposed before and the concept never was adopted. It is not that it is a bad idea but the problem is getting the masses to adopt it. Not to likely. So with that it is a one off item and not very practical. Iā€™d not mind ditching the wheel either but yours is the only one on the road. I donā€™t think I will wait either.

Wonā€™t change in my lifetime either.

It is a working concept.

We donā€™t want concepts. We want practical and a drive by wire wheel is practical.

Slow using the wheel, dude that is if you have an old manual steering Chevy Belair. Those tanks do have slooooooow steering and you must muscle it if your moving slowly.

But my wireless wheel is quick and agile and easy to use. Iā€™d say far easier than a stick. I can one hand turn very quickly.

Itā€™s not about if it can be done but about practical. Yours has been proven but its just not practical.

The wheel is more stable in that your not steering each motor. One wrong move on the stick and your totally screwed. Too unstable for me.

Too unstable to be adopted. Prove it is easier to use and adopt then someone might listen.

You still have not advanced your vehicle from years ago. Why? Still waiting for that moment where you can sell it for a brazillion dollars?

You have a long wait.

Hi gottdi, In your flurry of words, you said: my leaf has full electronic steering. Did you mean drive by wire? I don`t think so, but I could be wrong. Curious?
Electric EVette

Actually Tom I will take back that last comment and repost.

The Leaf is not Drive by Wire but it does have electronic assist. No hydraulic assist like most common systems. But it is not a true Drive by Wire.

Does not matter to me but does seem to be a bit safer. What happens if your driving down the road way and you loose communication with your Drive by Wire to one motor? Aaaa. No more steering control. What if you loose both sides? Your screwed. There is something to say about mechanical connections. It is truly a redundant safety measure.

What do you have in place for that extra safety measure if your system even just looses communication? You could have a failure of a component too but you could just loose communication. What do you have in place that will prevent that from happening. A mechanical linkage. No. Mmmmmmm.

Hi gottdi, Actually, the EVette has left and right hydraulic brake for backup like a tractor, works great. If you look carefully you can see it in the electricevette.com video. Im a big fan of Henry Ford, people in horse and buggys thought he was nuts when he drove his model A, But you dont see horse and buggys anymore do you?
Electric EVette

[QUOTE=unique electric car;9962]Hi gottdi, Actually, the EVette has left and right hydraulic brake for backup like a tractor, works great. If you look carefully you can see it in the electricevette.com video. Im a big fan of Henry Ford, people in horse and buggys thought he was nuts when he drove his model A, But you dont see horse and buggys anymore do you?
Electric EVette[/QUOTE]

I was not talking about brakes. I was talking about steering? In case of a loss of communication with your wireless steering you wonā€™t have time to think. It will happen and your up the creek. Then your brain will engage and you will be too late. Accidents happen in millionths of a second and the brain just canā€™t work that fast. Once you realize you have a problem its too late.

I also like Ford. You also donā€™t see the stick steering any longer either. The wheel was and still is the preferred method of aiming a vehicle in the direction you need to go and the preferred method of keeping in the direction you need to go.

In an airliner they use a wheel too. In a jet fighter they use a stick only because there is little room for a wheel.

The wheel is no more than a round stick. Works brilliantly. Mechanical attachment is the safest method. Not the only method but the safest.