Unique electric car

Hi, Tom Sines here, creator of the electric EVette. Ive been an electric vehicle advocate a quite a while, although my views are often controversial. Im sure it will be a spirited conversation.
Tom Sines
Electric EVette)

1 Like

Hi, The conventional car has been around for about a 100 years. People should keep an open mind to different possibilitys for transportation. The electric EVette is such a car. Here is a short list of its features. First- electronic steering(drive by wire) Second- large battery capacity(500lbs up to 2,000lbs of batteries) Third- highy maneuverable(easily out maneuvers a conventional car) Fourth- computer freindly( can be driven autonomous), and its fun to drive.
Tom Sines:)

1 Like

Hi, Here is where it goes south. Conventional cars dont make good electric cars. They are incapable of holding enough batteries to get the distance, and when people try, they put batteries in places they shouldnt. They put batteries in the trunk, in the back seat, in the engine compartment, and other places that are to high in the car. Making the car unstable, a rollover waiting to happen.
Electric EVette

Hi, Driving the electric EVette is not a physical activity, its more like playing a video game. Electronic steering(drive by wire), and its fun to drive.
Tom Sines
Electric EVette)

Hi, The price of electric cars are out of control. A volt will cost about $40.000 and go about 40mi. A tesla will cost about $100.000 and go about 200mi. The batteries for these electric cars are very expensive, and batteries maintenance is tricky. People need a $10.000 electric car that goes 100mi. with reasonable battery maintenance. Any thoughts?
Electric EVette

Hi,
Its still about oil. A stimulus package might stimulate the economy, but it will also stimulate the price of gas back to to 4 dollars a gallon, and we will be right back where we were. This brings me to my point we need good inexpensive transportation. Its about food, shelter, and transportation, with out transportation you cant get the food to the shelter. HELLO! By this time someone usually gets upset. Im surprised nobody has said a word yet on this forum. To state a problem is easy, its the solition thats hard. I might have that solition, the electric EVette. Check it out.
Electric EVette

Hi, For electric cars to become mainstream, they will have to go twice the distance at half the price, and carry a substantial payload. Conventional cars can ever fill that bill. Think about it.
Electric EVette

Hi, Joystick steering is the way to go. Steering wheels are so primitive, and they just get in the way. Electronic steering(drive by wire) a lot easier, and its fun.
Tom Sines:D
Electric EVette

[QUOTE=unique electric car;8461]Hi, For electric cars to become mainstream, they will have to go twice the distance at half the price, and carry a substantial payload. Conventional cars can ever fill that bill. Think about it.
Electric EVette[/QUOTE]

I believe this is the future of electric vehicle. And what do you think about plug-in electric vehicle and electric utility vehicle for farmland usage?

Hi evgc. I think the electric EVette, would be great on the farm.

Hi, It doesnt matter what batteries you use. I helped convert about 40 gas cars to electric, and one thing was always constant, there is never enough room to put the batteries. A conventional car cant hold enough batteries to get the distance. You must build the car around the batteries, not make the batteries fit the car.
Tom Sines
Electric EVette

Hi, I think Ill wait till gas is $7 a gal, that shouldnt take too long, then I should have the interstate all to myself.
electricevette.com

Hi, When gas reached $4 dollars a gallon, people couldn`t aford to buy a new car. They had to decide weather to buy gas, or pay the mortgage, hence car companys, and banks went under. The point is, now gas is almost $3 dollars a gallon, and $4dollars a gallon is not far away. Brace yourself !
Electric EVette

Hi, The average American gas car is about 2000lbs. To convert a gas car to electric a 1000lbs of batteries is put in the car. Thats 2000lbs of iron, and 1000lbs of lead, acid, and plastic, under the hood, in the trunk, under the back seat, and other places in the car. Whats wrong with this picture?
Electric EVette

Hi, If anyone would like to see a video an electric car, that drives by wire(electronic wteering). Go to electricevette.com.
Electric EVette

Hi, Americans love big cars, unfortunately most electric cars are little tiny things, that people must squeeze themselves into, no NFL, or NBA players will go for that. The electric cars that are big enough are to expensive, and the range is not good.
Electric EVette

Hi, I`m surprised, that after almost 400 hits on this thread, no one comments. Will, let me say it again, conventional cars do not make good electric cars. Also, steering wheels are intrusive, and dangerous in a accident, and air bags made it hard to see or get out of the car in an emergency. Not good! Drive by wire(electronic steering) is the way to go. The electric EVette has electronic steering. Check it out.
Electric EVette

Hi, The EVette can hold as much as2,000lbs of batteries. The EVette steers electronically, so all the things a car normally uses to steer are not there. This includes, two front tires and rims, a full front suspension, springs,shocks,ball joints,tie rods,steering wheel,power steering unit,and the frame to hold it up. I use that weight for batteries.
Make the car fit the batteries, don`t try to make the batteries fit the car.
Electric EVette

Hi, If a 2,000lbs car with 1,000lbs of batteries(3,000lbs total) will go 200mi. then a 1,000lbs car with 2,000lbs of batteries(3,000lbs total) will go 400mi. The electric EVette weighs about about a 1,000lbs, and can hold as much as 2,000lbs of batteries(3,000lbs total). Any comments?
Electric EVette

Hi, As for maneuverability, the electric EVette can run circles around a conventional car no contest. Making a 180% turn on a city street is a three point turn for a conventional car, for the electric EVette its just a flick of the wrist. Conventional cars are over weight dinosaurs! Here is where people with electric conversions get upset. Oh well.
Electric EVette