Unique electric car

There do no appear to be many people posting at this site.

Your concept is interesting. I’d be game for building one once I get through the legal loopholes and have the various levels of government approve it in Saskatchewan, Canada. Perhaps 3 - 5 years?

Last time I checked, our requirements for an X (custom) approval on a motorcycle had a minimum height for the seat … somewhere around 22 inches resting, 18 inches when you are sitting ‘on’ it. Your cockpit appears to be in the 12 - 14 inch range - am I close?

Hi, Yes, sometimes I think Im talking to a computer here. This is a one of a kind invention, with attributes I have never seen on any other car, and Im looking for investers. The seat can be raised.
Tom Sines:D
Electric EVette

Hi. We are now on twitter at electricevette
httpelectricevette.com

Hi, More batteries better C rate. Any comments?
Electric EVette

Hi Electrifiedknowledge, To start building these vehicles would require several hundred thousand dollars. Not much by todays standards.
Electric EVette

Hi, You are trying to ride a dead horse, if you think conventional electric cars are the answer. Any comments?
Electric EVette

Hi, Time to get real. The GM volt, about 40 grand, 35-40mi. on a charge, then you must run on a wimpy generator, that takes up much of the room in your trunk. All this so you can say your saving the environment. Not! Do I have a solution, of course I do.
Electric EVette

Hi, Got rid of that pesky steering wheel, drive by wire is the way to go. A lot more room, with out that steering wheel.
Electric EVette

[QUOTE=unique electric car;9484]Hi, I think Ill wait till gas is $7 a gal, that shouldnt take too long, then I should have the interstate all to myself.
Electric EVette[/QUOTE]

Not even close dude. Thousands of EV’s will share the road. Doubt you’ll have your POS by then. I figured I’d post because you have been talking to yourself for so long. Kinda lonely around here I suppose. But hey when you have yourself to converse with you don’t have to worry about arguing with anyone. You make your own perfect fan club.

:becky::becky::becky::becky::becky::becky::becky:

By the way, I own a Leaf. Far better and far more comfortable than yours and I can go further at freeway speeds too.

Spent less than you too?

Hi gottdi, Good, somebody here has a voice. OK, lets get to it. The Nissan leaf 192 lithium cells, each cell should be monitored, and charged separately a wiring “nightmare”. If even one lithium cell fails the hole battery pack could go out. Also, the batteries are under the passenger compartment, not good for maintenance,and I wouldn`t want to be in the back seat if the lithium batteries caught fire. Looking forward to your rebuttal.
Tom Sines:scared::scared:

Hi gottdi, Moving right along. The Nissan leaf curb weight is approx.3,500lbs with 660lbs of batteries.The electric EVette can hold 1,000lbs of batteries, and more. The vehicle weight without batteries is approx. 1,000lbs. More batteris more distance. Do the math.
electricevette.com

[QUOTE=gottdi;9898]Spent less than you too?[/QUOTE]

Hi, Moving right along. The Nissan leaf curb weight is approx.3,500lbs with 660lbs of batteries.The electric EVette can hold 1,000lbs of batteries, and more. The vehicle weight without batteries is approx. 1,000lbs. More batteris more distance. Do the math.
Tom Sines

Hi, merry Christmas to all

It is and always has been known that if you have more batteries you can go further. That’s a no brainer. Too easy.

With your current configuration how many miles will your vehicle travel at 60 mph before needing a recharge? Remember I know you have lead acid batteries and I know that lead acid batteries are total crap when it comes to distance at any respectable speed. I know because I have built EV’s that use them that are in the same weight range as your vehicle.

So, how far at 60 mph will yours go? Be truthful. I know your reputation for exaggeration.

[QUOTE=unique electric car;9899]Hi gottdi, Good, somebody here has a voice. OK, lets get to it. The Nissan leaf 192 lithium cells, each cell should be monitored, and charged separately a wiring “nightmare”. If even one lithium cell fails the hole battery pack could go out. Also, the batteries are under the passenger compartment, not good for maintenance,and I wouldn`t want to be in the back seat if the lithium batteries caught fire. Looking forward to your rebuttal.
Tom Sines:scared::scared:[/QUOTE]

All the cells are monitored in the Leaf.
If one lead acid battery goes out you can loose power too.
Batteries are low and out of the way for stability and room. Keeps the center of gravity low where it needs to be.
No maintenance required. If for any reason it happens that way I have full warranty for the next 8 years anyway at no cost. The blessings of buying a car from a manufacturer is the warranty. Home built has NO warranty.
Lithium cells are fully encased in steel. No fire. It requires oxygen to burn.

Also my vehicle is crash tested and has a 5 star safety rating.
Yours has none and is a fiberglass bodied vehicle. Ouch.

My vehicle has plenty of room. Yes too much most of the time but then again I don’t have to crawl into my car. I just get in.

I do like the creature comforts of my vehicle.

I have driven reproduction type vehicles and quite frankly most are just too small inside for my large size. Most have low roofs and my head hits the inside. I don’t like to scrunch down in my seat.

So for ME this is a good vehicle.

I am converting a 67 VW Panel Bus and we are planning on it being a 150 mile at 55 mph vehicle when done. Fast charge in 30 minutes and off and running again.

No drive by wire on the old bus.

Oh by the way. The Leaf is drive by wire. Fully. But yes, it has a steering wheel. I think your idea of the joy sticks is cool but not overly practical. Mostly because folks would need to relearn how to safely steer the thing. You have time but others will just want to get in and go with no thought.

It is just a keeping of the status quo. Not that one is better than the other. Not sure though if its actually legal but I don’t really care. I think its required to have a full wheel for driving. An old law or something like that. Just not sure. Been so long since I heard any thing or read anything about the issue.

Pete :slight_smile:

OH yes. My conversion will not have a BMS or any complex monitoring system. Won’t need it with the LiFePO4 lithium cells we will be using.

Hi gottdi, Lets go one by one. What exaggeration are you talking about? Could it be where I say the electric EVette will hold a 1,000lbs of battereis and more, and the vehicle ( with out batteries) only weighs about a 1,000lbs, a one to one ratio, and the feaf weighs about3,500lbs, and has 660lbs of batteries. Not many batteries.

http://electricevette

[QUOTE=unique electric car;9922]Hi gottdi, Lets go one by one. What exaggeration are you talking about? Could it be where I say the electric EVette will hold a 1,000lbs of battereis and more, and the vehicle ( with out batteries) only weighs about a 1,000lbs, a one to one ratio, and the feaf weighs about3,500lbs, and has 660lbs of batteries. Not many batteries.

http://electricevette[/QUOTE]

I have followed some of your other threads on other forums. I was speaking more overall exaggeration. I have no doubt that your vehicle can hold 1000 lbs of batteries. Mine did too.

You can’t compare Lead Acid to Lithium. The amount of lithium batteries gives me enough power to drive at 55/60 mph 75 real world miles. Not in town driving mind you but real freeway driving. So that tiny pack will do very well and the car will do 90+ mph if needed. I have done that already too.

Yes my car is about the same as any other on the road weight wise.

Pete :slight_smile:

What I want to know is how far will your car go at 55/60 mph on a full charge with your current setup? I do not want a should do this or might do that. I want what DOES it do. Mine DOES 75 miles at 55/60 mph.