I love EVs

Sorry for my English.
In the future i want to buy 2 electric cars, one small and one 9 seater if i manage to afford it. Now I’m considering iMiev, because it’s just about 10.500 pounds. I live in Shetland (UK), we have got no Nissan service here. I don’t like small cars but VW e-Golf will be to expensive for me.
I’m a bad driver, but I have to drive a long, difficult way, 30-60 miles. I could drive 30 (one way and then charge in the town) in winter and 60 miles in the summer.
Winter in Shetland is very moderate, just sometimes a lot of snow, some people use 4x4. The worst thing is the exstremaly strong wind, which can reduce the range of the car.

Hi Thorgal

Welcome to the forum, we hope you find it useful and informative :slight_smile:

What is it about the iMiev that you like?

Regards,

Mark

How to delete?

The price. And service nearby.

The center of gravity is wery low, so it’s a proper electric car, not a transformation.
And a long wheelbase should make it easier to drive.

Actually I don’t like small cars, they are difficult to drive at higher speed.

Possibly I’ll be able to charge the car for free in the town; and in the village where I live too.

Hi Thorgal

Are there many electric cars in the Shetlands?

Regards,

Mark

Just one, Leaf. I haven’t seen more yet, unfortunately.:car:

Hi Thorgal

Do the local authorities in the Shetlands have any specific eco-friendly policies for cars etc?

Mark

I don’t know. But they charge them for free in the town.
I like the Chinese car, because you can make 1 million kilometers before the battery is to be replaced (BYD e6).
I’d like an aerodynamic car made of a spider thread.

[QUOTE=Thorgal;15513]I’d like an aerodynamic car made of a spider thread.[/QUOTE]

That is certainly a first lol Can you expand on your idea?

Regards,

Mark

BYD e6 is just too heavy. The new Leaf is very aerodynamic, exactly like made of aluminum Audi A2, that’s enough. But A2 was a bit expensive, maybe nanotechnology could make green cars lightweight and affordable.:flypig:

There is one interesting prototype: SIM-CEL by the SIM-Drive Corporation, and one more realistic car: SIM-WIL. SIM-WIL will be mass produced around 2014! Is ugly, but advanced.

Toyota is working on lithium-air, solid-state batteries.

Its interesting that you mention nano technology as I am currently doing research on nano technology and electric car batteries as they reckon the technology will make a massive difference.

Mark

Nano technology could make car body lighter.

If you add in potential efficiencies with batteries, as well as improvements in body weight and aerodynamics, nano technology could make a significant difference to the industry.

SIM-CELL would be enough, but a bit small, and the battery is old-fashioned. This car may be too expensive too. [B]But i like the engines![/B] And the car looks better than Audi A2.:first: