Unique electric car

Hi myelectricfly, Steeringwheels are clumsy compared to joystick (drive by wire)steering, and it just gets in the way. The joystick responds in milliseconds with no effort. Also, if all electronics fail I have a backup system to bring the car to a controlled stop, no problem. Hub motors dont work well at higher speeds, they are unsprung weight. Composites are interesting, Ive done some experiments with carbon fiber great stuff, however its far to expensive. When I built this car one my objectives was low cost, if the average person can`t afford it what good is it?
Tom Sines
Electric EVette

Hi, When it comes to batteries, yes, better batteries make a difference, however, the elephant in the room is that nobody wants to address the weight of the vehicle itā€™s going in, big problem! Batteries automatically do better with lighter weight vehicles! Instead of making batteries fit these heavyweight vehicle conversions, how about making a ground up lightweight vehicle to fit the batteries? Then no matter what battery you use, youā€™ll get more out of them!! That was our plan when we made our electricevette prototype. We need to think outside the box and stop blaming the batteries.
Tom Sines
Electric EVette

Hi , Let me explain more about the EVette. This car is an experimental prototype to show that an electric car can be made that is inexpensive, turns quick and easy, and is computer friendly (could be made autonomous). As for people who are physically challenged, a steering wheel is not necessary, a big plus for people with physical problems, also a proposed easy entry turning drivers seat, and a robot arm to load a wheekchair.
Tom Sines
Electric EVette

Ferrari is also going to invest in electric cars.Ferrari has set its focus to use a hybrid system in their upcoming mid-engined flagship car to be unveiled in the year 2013.The hybrid system features two different electric motors- one being the seven-speed dual clutch gearbox which helps in boosting the rear wheels while the other one powers the supercars components including AC, power steering, brake servos and other on-board automatic systems.

Hi insane.nick, Car companys keep making the same mistake, trying to make the batteries fit in the car. Why not build the car around the batteries? More batteries more distance.
Tom Sines
Electric EVette

Hi, More batteries, less vehicle = more distance. Anybody disagree?
Tom Sines
Electric EVette

Hi, Maneuverability in tight places is not a good thing for the conventional car. To make a u-turn on a two lane street, you will have to make a 3 point turn. The electric EVette can do it with one easy move in just a few seconds, and save energy too. No doubt you have heard people say my car turns of a dime, well a conventional car really can`t turn on a dime, its not possible, however, the electric EVette can easily turn on a dime as many times as you want. As for parking, well to park a conventional car can be a real pain in the neck, of course the electric EVette can be parked very easily. The electric EVette can be seen on youtube at evelectric.
I happen to be a great fan of Henry Ford and I even have his picture in my kitchen for inspiration. He changed the world from the horse and buggy to the automobile and now it may be time for the world to change again.
Tom Sines:D
Electric EVette

I think Ill wait till gas is $7 a gal, that shouldnt take too long, then I should have the interstate all to myself. :smiley:

Hi Tom
although your Evette is unusual, it would never be allowed on the road here in BC. It would not pass inspection. I have converted 3 vehicles to electric, just for a challange one as a series hybrid. It Passed inspection and has proven to be extremely reliable. This one is a full size motorcycle. Perhas one day even you might get it right.

AJ

Hi AJ, The electric EVette is licensed as a motorcycle in Florida, no problem. Must be tough to get a license in BC. Ive helped convert lots of gas cars, and a few motorcycles to electric. One thing is always evident, you cant get enough batteries in the car or motorcycle to get the distance you want, a fatal flaw. The EVette can carry a ton of batteries and turn on a dime. I think i`ve got it right, and its a lot fun to drive.
electricevette.com

Tom,

I completely agree with you here! Well said.

Can you give me your thoughts at one of my others posts?
I started a thread called ā€œOpen Source Hybrid/Hybrid Electric Car Projectā€ but it wonā€™t allow me to link it.
I also have the same discussion going on at EcoModder DOT com and itā€™s getting much more action there.

Iā€™d love to hear your opinions etcā€¦

Wayne
SC

[QUOTE=unique electric car;8432]Hi, When it comes to batteries, yes better batteries make a difference, however the elephant in the room, that nobody wants to address is the weight of the vehicle itā€™s going in, big problem! Batteries automatically do better with lighter weight vehicles. Instead of making batteries fit these heavyweight dinasour gas vehicle conversions, how about making a ground up lightweight vehicle to fit the batteries, then no matter what battery you use, youā€™ll get more out of them. That was our plan when we made our electric EVette prototype. We need to think outside the box and stop blaming the batteries.:slight_smile:
Tom Sines

Hi divedaddy03, Unfortunatety, Im too honest for most people. The conventional car is too heavy, and cant hold enough batteries, thats not going to change. Have you ever heard of a pocket bike, they use them in south LA to out run the cops. I have a way of putting more batteries on it to substantially increase distance if your interested.
electricevette.com

Frankly Tom Iā€™m more interested in the Open Source EV Project that I purposed a few days ago. There are others doing itā€¦but not in the space that I envision it needing to fill. Go to the EcoModder forum and search ā€œOpen Source Hybrid/Hybrid Electric Car Projectā€ for the thread.

Iā€™m interested in picking your brain about ground up built aerodynamic EVā€™s as well.

Wayne
SC

[QUOTE=unique electric car;12260]Hi divedaddy03, Unfortunatety, Im too honest for most people. The conventional car is too heavy, and cant hold enough batteries, thats not going to change. Have you ever heard of a pocket bike, they use them in south LA to out run the cops. I have a way of putting more batteries on it to substantially increase distance if your interested.
Tom Sines:D[/QUOTE]

Hi, Here it is again, my 10 - 10 challenge. If you can stay within 10 feet of the electric EVette for 10 seconds, Ill buy lunch, otherwise you buy. I make this challenge to show the extreme maneuverability of the electric EVette. Good luck, youll need it.
Tom Sines
electricevette.com

Hi, After driving with an electronic steering wheel, and with an electronic joystick, I can`t amagine why anyone would want a steering wheel?
electrievette.com

Hi johnthumes, Have you seen the electric EVette?
electricevette.com

Hi, Less vehicle weight, more battery weight = more distance. For conventional electric cars, thats the elephant in the room. We have solved that problem.
Tom Sines
http://electricevette.com

The only thing which I misses in Evette is its looking.It looks more like a home made model.But the embedded technology is fine and its handling is also good.

Hi, insane nick The electric EVette is a one of a kind, expermental prototype. Only the things necessary
for the experment are there. This is not a business, we are the inventors of, and hold the proprietary rights to the electric EVette. I`m here to show the concept.
Electric EVette

Hi, Sadly, people still believe conventional cars will make good electric cars. Unfortunately, conventional cars have a fatal flaw, they are far to heavy. Most of them over a ton ( 2,000lbs with out batteries). After decades of developing conventional electric cars, they are still less than 1% of the cars on the road. Its like trying to win a race with a wounded horse, not gonna happen. Any comments?
http://electricevette.com