Unique electric car

Hi, At the request of friends, constructed an electronic steering wheel for the electric EVette. Worked OK, however it was a pointless endeavor. Just an unnecessary obstruction in front of me. Went back to joystick steering, much better.
Tom Sines:D
Electric EVette

Hi, To make a U turn on a city street in a conventional car is a three point turn. Also, it will take time to do, be a little tricky, and even a little dangerous. Not good. For the electric EVette, its just a flick of the wrist, and less than a second. Done.
Electric EVette

Very neat concept. Unfortunately three wheeled vehicles are not as safe or as stable as four wheels. That alone will keep it from being popular. Your claims of out maneuvering a traditional auto must be limited to parking and low speed maneuvering. At higher speeds four wheels will out maneuver three.

Hi luvMyTJ, Clearly, you make a common mistake. You probably think the front wheel steers the car. Not so. It steers electronically ( drive by wire ) from the rear wheels, and can make gutwrenching turns at any speed. Can`t wait to see your response.
Electric EVette

[QUOTE=LuvMyTJ;12501]Very neat concept. Unfortunately three wheeled vehicles are not as safe or as stable as four wheels. That alone will keep it from being popular. Your claims of out maneuvering a traditional auto must be limited to parking and low speed maneuvering. At higher speeds four wheels will out maneuver three.[/QUOTE]

I see Tom is still tooting his horn on this unusuall car. I prefer 4 wheels as well, or two wheels. When I put my hybrid motorcycle on the road here in B.C. it was put thru inspection before being allowed on the road. This unusual vehicle of Tomā€™s would not be allowed on our roads mainly because of the steering method employed.

Hi, barntech60, Whats the range of your electric motorcycle, will it go even 30mi. on a charge? Must be hard to get to the next electric charger in BC.
Looks you live in the past, afraid of change. Don`t be its fun!
Electric EVette

[QUOTE=unique electric car;12647]Hi, barntech60, Whats the range of your electric motorcycle, will it go even 30mi. on a charge? Must be hard to get to the next electric charger in BC.
Looks you live in the past, afraid of change. Don`t be its fun!
Electric EVette[/QUOTE]

Hi Tom
I replied to your private note. the bike is full size, 418 pounds, 40 kilometers on battery, 1100 kilometers in hybrid mode before re-fueling. gas tank holds 11 liters of fuel. I welcome change. The gov of BC is getting more charging stations in place. Iā€™m not afraid of change like you are. Sometimes looking to the Past isnā€™t such a bad idea. After all, wasnā€™t the first series hybrid built in 1908??? Inovation will ultimately come from the private sector. By the way Tom, this motorcycle is a plug in hybrid. Meaning, the gen set isnā€™t always in use, and Iā€™m Not Hauling a Bunch of Batteries creating Excessive Weight.

Hi barntech60, Lets see, 40 kilometers( 24mi ) on a charge, then you must start that stinky, noisy gas motor to get anywhere, while kicking it into gear, with your foot, you hold on to the handle bars with hoth hands or else you`ll crash, and tell yourself your having fun and saving gas. Now, for the electric EVette distance is not a problem, because it has all those extra batteries. Also, steering, acceleration, and braking can be done with one hand easily, and its a lot of fun to drive. Also, very comfortable to ride.
Electric EVette

So you feel there is no fun in riding 2 wheels? You are sadly mistaken. I have used 2 wheels for many years to cut back on fuel consumption and for the fun it gives me to ride. I still have a fast muscle bike and my commuter, a Honda Helix 250ccā€¦ the lazy-boy of scooters!

I also find it very disparaging that you try to promote your creation as the best ever, but condemn others ideas as useless. If this is your everyday attitude I now understand why you have not gotten your creation to gain popularity.

Hi LuvMyTJ, Ive got quite a few friends here in Okeechobee Florida who are bikers, some of them even ride trikes. My cousin had 14 bikes. I played music in half the bars in California where the hells angels came to hear my band. One thing was always the same, so soon as a biker got over confident they would crash, many never recovered. Im not here to massage you, I just tell the truth as I see it.
Tom Sines:mad:
Electric EVette

Iā€™m not sure why you sent me a PM (yet again), but then you post it here also. I also donā€™t know why you appear to be upset over my post. From your description of riding motorcycles (1), anyone would draw the conclusion that I did, hence my post. I never claimed you didnā€™t know anyone who rode, or asked how many bikes your cousin owned, nor do I feel your opinion of riding is relevant in this thread. A good rider is always aware, and your right, overconfidence can spell disaster.
And while I enjoy a good massage, I will take a pass on your offer. :cool:

(1) - ā€œyou must start that stinky, noisy gas motor to get anywhere, while kicking it into gear, with your foot, you hold on to the handle bars with hoth hands or else you`ll crash, and tell yourself your having fun and saving gasā€

Lets try to keep this on topic.

Unique electric cars are best choice of this time as we need a quality electric car which we can drive effortlessly and we should feel that its a better competitor of petrol,diesel and gas based cars.

Hi insanenick, I agree, a new approach is best. Doing the same thing over and over does not work.
Electric EVette

Hi, The topic is: conventional electric cars, and motorcycles dont make good electric vehicles. They simply cant get the distance. I have helped convert lots of gas cars, and even a few motorcycles to electric. One thing is always the same, there is never enough room for batteries. Only about 1% of cars, and even less motorcycles are electric. The public knows electric cars dont get the distance, and they are not buying them. Its the electric car community that doesnt get it, or do they? By the way, If you come at me, I will respond in kind.
http://electricevette

Have you ever seen these production models with 114 mile range?
ZERO MOTORCYCLES ? The Electric Motorcycle Company - Official Site

Hi LuvMyTJ, Yes, they are a California company, thats where I come from. My question to you is how many have they sold at a 114mi. on a charge?
Electric EVette

The point is there is a viable unit out there available to the general public. It is a start.

I find it interesting how you bash any other vehicle other than your own creation.

Hi LuvMyTJ, No, my point is nobody is buying electric vehicles. Your dreaming if you think its a start. Electric vehicles have been around for decades, Nobody buys them, they dont get enough distance. You dont get it!
Electric EVette

No Tom, I am fully aware of the many reasons people donā€™t buy them and yes, it is due mainly to range. Funny thing is that most people donā€™t need the range they think they need. And just squeezing more batteries into your vehicle is not the answer. The replacement cost would outweigh any practical use.
And yes I am aware that electric vehicles have been around since the early 1900ā€™s. The petroleum industry is a big part of the reason why there are not better electric alternatives after all these years.
Ya know Tom, you can catch more flies with honey than you can vinegar. :wink: