Unique electric car

Hi, Conventional electric cars have about 2,000lbs iron, and a about a 1,000lbs of lead, or lithium. Thats way to much iron, and not nearly enough lead, or lithium, and if they are little tiny electric cars, they can`t carry hardly any batteries, or people.
Tom Sines:D
http//electricevette.com

FRP With Graphite explodes, not crumples, upon receiving a destructive force, costs more to create, but does not rust, as steel does.

There are materials like Lithium-Aluminum, and Titanium-Aluminum-Vanadium - Ti6Al4V Aluminum - Lithium Alloys :: KEY to METALS Articles, Titanium alloy - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Which can be used to reduce weight, and maintain Crumple space energy absorption requirements of Vehicles.

There might be some crushable foams that could be incorporated as well for impact resistance.

For a purely efficient vehicle - the Solar Car has it in spades, but offers limited cabin flexibility, and limited baggage capacity, and with some composites being too stiff, the just transfer energy elsewhere upon collisions. While it is best to avoid hitting things, it still happens, and most accidents are really ‘stupids!’, but cars need to be built to keep bodies save and alive inside the package.

[QUOTE=myelectricfly;10984]FRP With Graphite explodes, not crumples, upon receiving a destructive force, costs more to create, but does not rust, as steel does…[/QUOTE]
Hybrid Car talks about Hyper Efficient Vehicles here. Written by their Editor.

Hi, myelectricfly, As I said a few times before.We are the inventors of and hold the proprietary rights to a unique electric car. We have solved the electric car problem of distance. 400mi. a charge is possible with lithium batteries. Also, this car can be driven by computer and is very maneuverable. You can see a video of this car at, Electric EVette. It has great potential. If you are interested you can come see and ride in the car by appointment it is amazing!
Electric EVette

Hi topm,

How about you sell Kits for it - Van’s Aircraft (Van’s Aircraft - Total Performance RV Kitplanes) Sells Aircraft kits and has 7,623 Aircraft Finished by Builders in Garages (& Basements, Apartments, etc.), and since this is so much better - maybe a couple zero’s could be added to that figure in the same time frame.

I have no Florida Trip Plans at present, but have been that way numerous times in the past. Are there Any in the Vegas Area? I Plan on being there next month.

Other than that - keeping something to ones self, (Proprietary) - does not get it out into use where it can so some good! If it could be certified and pass the crash tests, then it would have some bigger press, and if it were a retail product, even more!

But just like the Swiss Solar Impluse, one of a kind is interesting, just not much effect. (Solar plane’s first international flight a success)
In that sense - it is, as I said before - much like my electricfly, except that there are more electric Fireflies (& Geo MEtro’s, Suzuki Swift’s, etc.) out there than just mine - and - on EV Album there are More Fiero’s in the Pontiac List, than Fireflies!

Hi myelectricfly, You have a good point, however I`m an inventor not a businessman. I have no interest in borrowing money to start a company. Also, I have been showing this car on the internet for years and still no manufacturer has shown an interest. Makes me wonder.
Electric EVette

Hi, Conventional cars, dont make good electric cars, they just cant hold enough batteries. Yet, people keep flogging that wounded horse as if it would get up and run, while the oil companys eat your lunch!
Electric EVette

Hi, Our EVette is a totally unique electric vehicle concept car that has not been manufactured.
This working prototype model is built from the ground up and is why there is no price tag and you can’t get one at this time.

Range is always variable depending on net vehicle weight before batteries, battery type, and road conditions, and is why our new vehicle frame design took into consideration low vehicle weight, without sacrificing battery capacity and cargo area.
Electric EVette

MyElectricFly,

Don’t bother with Tom. He loves to hear his echo. He is also waiting in vain for the elusive OEM to buy him out and can’t comprehend why they have not done so yet. He parrots himself on weight of batteries yet does not consider the cost nor the fact you don’t need to haul around the excess weight. His is dangerous and impractical and just a pile of junk. While he goes mucking around in mud pits with his fat tires and really rarely ever uses the beast yet keeps boasting its virtues I will keep going happily down the road daily to work and back in a very comfortable vehicle and no gasoline. I now have over 11,000 miles on my Nissan Leaf and he can’t comprehend that a common type of vehicle actually IS an excellent vehicle to repurpose for all electric drive. No need to haul around half a ton of batteries if you don’t need to. I’d rather carry around nice seats and comfort than a cramped cold and plain boring and real crappy suspension vehicle.

His vehicle in his words can possibly go 400 miles but it has not been proven. He only thinks. Thinking does not make it so. Building makes change. Sitting around hoping someone will buy him out so he can retire is just insane. It is greed. If he can’t have it no one can. He should get together with Dan Frederiksen. They could keep each other busy for then next decade.

Pete :slight_smile:

Hi,
Everybody’s in agreement concerning this, Getting distance in an EV is always variable, depending on vehicle weight, battery type used, and road conditions.

The EVette prototype design took into consideration vehicle weight before batteries, keeping it lightweight, WITHOUT sacrificing battery area and cargo space.
A case in point: we’ve had the experience of converting numerous gas cars, and trucks to electric, and the first thing we always took into consideration was the weight of the vehicle. Less weight meant more distance no matter what type of batteries we put in the vehicle. Net weight of vehicle before implementing batteries is of great importance.

So, even with a minimal amount of batteries we can get further down the road, which is not the case with heavier vehicles. That’s not saying we don’t have room for more batteries, we can put twice as many batteries in our EV over a conventional car, and that is where you can get that 200 mi. range.
Electric EVette

Hi myelectricfly, Its sad, when innovation cones along, and people reject it desperately holding on to the past. Some say, its better batteries, not more batteries. Clearly, its better batteries and more batteries. In the past, when people rode the most advanced horse and buggy of the day, and Henry Ford went by in his car, they said it will never work. Electric conversions have been around for decades they are already part of the past. If you do the same thing over and over, and expect change you will be disappoinded.
Electric EVette

Hi, Maneuverability in tight places is not a good thing for the conventional car. To make a u-turn on a two lane street, you will have to make a 3 point turn. The electric EVette can do it with one easy move in just a few seconds, and save energy too. No doubt you have heard people say my car turns of a dime, well a conventional car really can`t turn on a dime, its not possible, however, the electric EVette can easily turn on a dime as many times as you want. As for parking, well to park a conventional car can be a real pain in the neck, of course the electric EVette can be parked very easily. The electric EVette can be seen on youtube at evelectric.
I happen to be a great fan of Henry Ford, and I even have his picture in my kitchen for inspiration. He changed the world from the horse and buggy to the automobile and now it may be time for the world to change again.
Electric EVette

It’s so good.but I have a question,Thank you very much for suggestion.
Seems like holding a code scan tool is a good choice, so that I can read codes myself anytime anywhere.
It’s a long way to pull my car to a place like autozone.
Do you know any scan tools that work in my car? I searched a BMW ICOM ABCseems OK and considering whether to buy one.

[QUOTE=unique electric car;11304]Clearly, its better batteries and more batteries. & "I`m an inventor not a businessman"
Electric EVette[/QUOTE]

Tom - I think I have it figured out - a bit like that old song - ‘Baby it takes two…’. You still just have one copy of your vehicle - you need to find a person close to your location, that doesn’t need to add another thousand pounds of fuel burn to a jet flight, interested in having one for himself, and then - either make it for him, or work with him and the two of you make it for him - using both - More, and Better batteries. By the way - this is what Tesla Motors did - using more (6,831) and Better (Lithium cobalt - the highest energy and commonly produced cells on the market), to go from a lowly EV Conversion of a Porsche 944 with two motors and lead acid batteries, to a highly modified Lotus chassis that became the Tesla Roadster!

The New Model S is their first All New design, with the following Model X SUV platform sibling, using some or most of the same design approach, and when they bring the Roadster back - I am sure it will be an all new ship based on what they have learned in the mean time!

Once again - the line you said - “I`m an inventor not a businessman” - is the difference between a great idea and a revolution! You might just have the greatest idea, and even a prototype since sliced bread, but just like doing one EV Conversion of an ICE Vehicle does not an expert make one in the EV Conversion business, having one of the greatest vehicles ever - will not bring about a whole lot of change!

The trick is for you to figure out how to get to two of them, then 3, then 4, 5, and on to 10, 100, etc! Just get to the second one first, so other owners can talk and sing the praises! I think - in your case - THAT should be your focus! Not telling me that the 15 year old Electric Vehicle Conversion built by High School Students that I have, is no comparison to your vehicle! Everyone knows that! I know that! The LEAF owner Knows that! But - I have what I have, and you have what you have! Share what you can - and work on ship #2!

Just my 2 Cents worth today!

Oh - and people are talking about EV Fest 2012 Electric Vehicle Show - Buying Tickets to it from way accross Canada, and checking it out even from England! So - I am doing what I can to put Vehicles in Front of people - via EV Fest 2012 Electric Vehicle Show - EV Fest | Facebook and EV Fest Blog and if you or anyone else wants to subscribe to our update list - go here: EV Fest Update Requests! Just Check out the site at www.evfest.ca anytime!

:slight_smile:

Hi myelectricfly, It looks like you are showing me how to start a conversion business. My friend Steve Clunn, and I did just that a few years ago, we converted about 60 gas cars to electric. Been there, done that. To an inventor, once is enough, it is clearly posted on the internet. By the way, my statement is still the same, conventional electric cars have a fatal flaw. The vehicle (without batteries) is far too heavy. Case in point, tesla vehicle weight(without batteries)1,700lbs. The elephant in the room.
Electric EVette

Tom - we both definitely agree that to use 5,000 lbs of vehicle to move 150 - 250 lbs of people around is an incredible abuse of materials and of energy! One of the Reasons I like the Electric Assist Bicycle instead of the Scooters for the same parameters and function!

On the other hand - both of these items are regulatory limited to 20 Mph / 32 Kph, so when moving up to faster ponies - there are options - like Electric Motorcycles, that use the minimum of excess materials and still get you up to 70 - 100+ Mph!

However - most people are not motorcycle friendly just yet - maybe in the future, more so - as Motorcycle EV’s can deliver much of what an EV Car can deliver (related to needs, distance per charge, and speed), for 25% - 35% of the price!

Hi myelectricfly, Interesting, Ive done some experiments on a pocket bike(small motorcycle) that double the battery power, and still maintain stability. Normally, an electric motorcycle cant carry enough batteries
for distance, like the conventional electric car.
Tom Sines
Electric EVette

Hi, The conventional car has been around for about a 100 years. People should keep an open mind to different possibilitys for transportation. The electric EVette is such a car. Here is a short list of its features. First- electronic steering(drive by wire) Second- large battery capacity(500lbs up to 2,000lbs of batteries) Third- highy maneuverable(easily out maneuvers a conventional car) Fourth- computer freindly( can be driven autonomous), and its fun to drive.
Tom Sines
Electric EVette

Hi,
Conventional electric cars are way to heavy, they can`t carry enough batteries, and steering them requires several hunderd pounds of apparatis, steering wheel, front wheels, suspension, etc. electronic steering (drive by wire) is the way to go. Save all that weight, add batteries instead. The elecric EVette has joystick steering. Think about it.
Tom Sines
Electric EVette

Joystick Steering - being primarily Electronic - opens up different failure paths than a mechanical system, (keeping the smoke inside electronic components is paramount - when the smoke gets out, they stop working!), and consideration then needs to be in place for shock hardening, EMF Protection, Hacking Protection, etc. Also considerations need to be done as to if it will be double or triple redundancy. Will the steering servo’s have excess drive power, or be doubled up to share the needed drive power. Will they be Screw drives or bell-crank drives? Will they be chassis mounted or Hub Mounted?

Personally - I see Hub motors coming into vogue prior to Drive by Wire - not because drive by wire is not as good as you say, but because of the general newness of the idea and the familiarity with Steering wheels in cars for 100 years!

Maybe you could work on building a conventional Steering Wheel system, that weighs in at 50% or even better at 20% of current System weights? Look up the Technology of Polimotor Research Inc. to get some great ideas!

Torlon Composites replaced from 50% to over 70% of many components, and the Engine went from ~150 Hp and over 300 Lbs, to over 300 Hp and ~ 150 Lbs on the same 2.2 Liter Ford Pinto Engine in the Before and After Comparisons! Essentially - the raw metal was milled away in many parts leaving minimal Steel, and it was rebuilt to spec Diameters (in the case of Valve Stems) using the Torlon Material - reducing Weight, which reduced the valve spring weights and strengths required, and so on.

I think you could approach the steering Tie Rods and linkages in a similar manner! Same with the down tube and down shaft, even the steering wheel itself!

Just another idea for weight reduction while retaining strength.

How about Kevlar/Graphite instead of Fiber Glass (Hopefully you are using at least S-Glass in your build up) for your cars body - how much more weight could you reduce? Also - Using a Honeycomb of Nomex and Triaxial Fabrics can push the Weight Down even more while retaining strength and stiffness can be improved!

While I was in my Aircraft Structural Course - we had a guest speaker - who was a Polymer Chemist, and he developed Resins for Composites. He and his son (and a small team) took a Boat Hull that used to weigh in at 2500 Lbs - and built a Composite boat Hull of the same primary parameters, using Nomex Honeycomb Cores (Likely from Hexel) and Triaxial Fabrics to Skin it, and their own Resins, and the new Hull weighed just 800 Lbs!

So - Materials are often as important as systems design - which is your direction - for weight reduction.