Unique electric car

[quote=unique electric car;10113]hi gottdi the gm volt has only sold about 10,000 cars, another drop in the electric car bucket. Not much interest. At this rate it should only take about 100 years to get electric cars on the road. The oil companys are laughing their brains out!
Tom sines:d
electric evette[/quote]

yes tom, it is a slow one vehicle at a time process. You seem to be mocking it too but yet you have an electric conversion. Not everyone can or will want to do that. The other choice it to go buy one.

Well i hate to say, the volt is not an electric car. It is a gas car with an electric motor. Its a hybrid.

20,000 leafs have been sold and are still being sold and no recalls or fires either.

0 evettes have been sold. :slight_smile:

Hi gottdi, There are millions and cars in America, 20,000 cars is virtually nothing! Conventional cars, dont make good electric cars, they just cant hold enough batteries. Yet, you keep flogging that dead horse as if it would get up and run, while the oil companys eat your lunch.
Tom Sines:D
Electric EVette

[QUOTE=unique electric car;10116]Hi gottdi, There are millions and cars in America, 20,000 cars is virtually nothing! Conventional cars, dont make good electric cars, they just cant hold enough batteries. Yet, you keep flogging that dead horse as if it would get up and run, while the oil companys eat your lunch.
Electric EVette[/QUOTE]

Why do you say that? If a car works great for a car why not for an EV? All your doing is swapping an inefficient gas engine and fuel tank for a very efficient electric motor and batteries. How far do you need to go on a daily basis. I don’t need more than 50 miles. My EV will do better than that. So I carry around extra weight of batteries for the off chance I will go further. Since mine is just a bit more it is not so bad. I also have all the creature comforts of any modern vehicle. Why suffer just because I want electric. There is no need to suffer.

So great and wise TOM, what does make a good EV? Yours?

Maybe you and Dan should get together sometime here on the form and exchange your brilliant ideas to each other.

By the way. I could fit just as much weight in batteries and just as many. I also don’t have to haul around a huge fat ugly box hanging off my rear end. All my cells are within the chassis. A safe and sound place for them. You seem to forget. Lithium are nothing like LEAD where you do need 2 tons of them to get anywhere.

No thanks, your car just does not cut the mustard for a daily comfortable driver for commuting to work on a straight road where never once would I need the ability to turn on a dime. The streets and highways just don’t work with your design. Your front suspension is just too dangerous.

Quite frankly the OIL companies no longer have a strangle hold. They will try again, but will fail to kill the EV.

[QUOTE=unique electric car;10116]Hi gottdi, There are millions and cars in America, 20,000 cars is virtually nothing! Conventional cars, dont make good electric cars, they just cant hold enough batteries. Yet, you keep flogging that dead horse as if it would get up and run, while the oil companys eat your lunch.
Electric EVette[/QUOTE]

You keep flogging that yours can carry more batteries but you don’t. So why not? Tell me Tom.

Hi gottdi, The oil conpanys are still in control, or havent you noticed. They are not killing the electric car, they just keep wounding it, so it cant get up. By the way, I`m from the west coast, that part of the west are you in?
Electric EVette

[QUOTE=unique electric car;10128]Hi gottdi, The oil conpanys are still in control, or havent you noticed. They are not killing the electric car, they just keep wounding it, so it cant get up. By the way, I`m from the west coast, that part of the west are you in?
Electric EVette[/QUOTE]

You did not answer my question. Skirting the question will result in no answer.

Hi gottdi, The EVette has routinely carryed 14,000lbs of batteries, 660lbs of lithiums would be great. When your leaf dies, why don`t you send me yours?
Tom:D
Electric EVette

[QUOTE=unique electric car;10132]Hi gottdi, The EVette has routinely carryed 14,000lbs of batteries, 660lbs of lithiums would be great. When your leaf dies, why don`t you send me yours?
Tom:D
Electric EVette[/QUOTE]

You don’t have room for 14,000 lbs of lead. Like I said before you have a friggin fork lift with a plastic car body sitting on top. Ouch.

My Leaf won’t be dying any time soon. When the batteries are no longer giving me a useful range I will use them for my Solar back up.

:slight_smile:

Sorry Tom no hand outs here.

:rofl:

O my sole you always have something to say and then it seems like you know it all. How the heck did you become a senior member on this forum by looking for trouble with everybody that think different from you. If every body thought like that we would still be riding horses and pulling wagons.

Dont even bother to answer.

[QUOTE=gottdi;10133]You don’t have room for 14,000 lbs of lead. Like I said before you have a friggin fork lift with a plastic car body sitting on top. Ouch.

My Leaf won’t be dying any time soon. When the batteries are no longer giving me a useful range I will use them for my Solar back up.

:slight_smile:

Sorry Tom no hand outs here.[/QUOTE]

Check this out … How It Works: The All-Electric Focus - YouTube

O my sole you always have something to say and then it seems like you know it all. How the heck did you become a senior member on this forum by looking for trouble with everybody that think different from you. If every body thought like that we would still be riding horses and pulling wagons.

Dont even bother to answer.[/QUOTE]

You do not know Tom like I do so you need to take a chill pill and enjoy the show. Better yet go take a look at his videos then come back. I only came back here because this poor soul was siting over here in his corner talking to himself for so long that I figured he needed someone else to talk to for a bit. His story has not changed and he has the same repeat answers so carefully laid out he just pushes a button for one of his canned responses with maybe a bit extra.

Once you know Tom you will understand. Or you can go to his rescue and go with what he has to offer you. You take up the conversation and see what responses you get.

The podium is all yours. Go ahead, I dare you to start asking him about his vehicle.

[QUOTE=SpeedGazer;10135]Check this out … How It Works: The All-Electric Focus - YouTube[/QUOTE]

Yea! What about it? I own a Leaf. Focus is no better. Drive it daily and our home is full solar and I have two conversions under my belt.

YOU?

Don’t go to Tom Sines or Dan Frederiksen for information on building an electric CAR.

[QUOTE=gottdi;10136]You do not know Tom like I do so you need to take a chill pill and enjoy the show. Better yet go take a look at his videos then come back. I only came back here because this poor soul was siting over here in his corner talking to himself for so long that I figured he needed someone else to talk to for a bit. His story has not changed and he has the same repeat answers so carefully laid out he just pushes a button for one of his canned responses with maybe a bit extra.

Once you know Tom you will understand. Or you can go to his rescue and go with what he has to offer you. You take up the conversation and see what responses you get.

The podium is all yours. Go ahead, I dare you to start asking him about his vehicle.[/QUOTE]

Don’t worry I noticed that just from watching you go at each other. Well I’m still checking out the stuff you gave me so I won’t make use of him just yet. But at this point its hard to believe that he can be anything else but … I 'd rather not be rude.

[QUOTE=gottdi;10137]Yea! What about it? I own a Leaf. Focus is no better. Drive it daily and our home is full solar and I have two conversions under my belt.

YOU?[/QUOTE]

Well I’m new to this game and I just think its about time. Anyway I have still to build a conversion and a heck of a lot to learn. But i’m getting there.

Anyway its 12pm over here and I still have a day of work before the weekend so I better get into bed otherwise can’t keep my eyes open tomorrow. Cheers :sleep:

Go to DIY and EVDL and go see Jack Rickards stuff. I do argue with folks. I had just hoped that Tom had changed. But alas that is not to be. There are others but these two are the cake.

We are all hot heads but we don’t stand for BS.

This forum is DEAD. Time to follow those who have actually provided good information to the cause of electric drive vehicles. There is lots to learn. You won’t glean much from here. It was a pretty dead forum from the day it started. I remember when this one came on line.

Hi Gottdi, Actually, I can put 14,000lbs of batteries, and more in the EVette, although I find it unnecessary most of the time. Here is where I get to do my Mitt Romney impression, I`ve got a $100 that says, I can put 14,000lbs in the EVette! Also, we hold the original patent for this device, so calling it a forklift is a goofy statement. Having fun now!
Tom Sines
Electric EVette

So then cough up the patent number so we can go see for ourself. If you put in a solid block of lead maybe but not 14,000 lbs of batteries. Not a chance. There is not enough square footage to do that. So the average lead acid battery is like 70 lbs each. That means you’d need space for 200 of them in that little thing. No way in hell. But 2000 lbs I can believe not problem. That is more than most conversions can hold. I saw the box that holds the batteries. It’s not big enough to hold 200 batteries. Sorry you loose.

Hi gottdi, Clearly, you should be able to look up the patent online, and when you do, I`ll be patiently waiting on your apolagy for calling me a liar.
Electric EVette

Hi gottdi, I think you mean 20 batteries at 70lbs a piece, and yes the EVette can easily carry that any batteries.
http:/electricevette.com