Unique electric car

[QUOTE=unique electric car;10149]Hi gottdi, I think you mean 20 batteries at 70lbs a piece, and yes the EVette can easily carry that any batteries.
Tom Sines:D
http:/electricevette.com[/QUOTE]

Actually Tom you did say 14,000 lbs and not 1400 lbs. Hell, 1400 lbs is easy to put in just about any vehicle. Nothing special there. I had 1020 lbs in my Ghia. I could have easily fit another 4 batteries. I could have added another 8. But the mileage with lead sucks. No count and no refuting. Now if you do go 25 mph with lead you could claim good mileage.

If you have a patient just post the number so I don’t’ have to dig. You should have a copy of that somewhere easy to get at. Or at least a clue to what patent you hold?

Hi gottdi, I`m mistake, thats one for you. however I dought if you can get 1,400lbs in your leaf.
Tom Sines
Electric EVette

[QUOTE=unique electric car;10160]Hi gottdi, I`m mistake, thats one for you. however I dought if you can get 1,400lbs in your leaf.
Tom Sines
Electric EVette[/QUOTE]

Don’t need to and would not want to. There is enough room to add about half again what is already there without taking up any passenger or cargo room. Since I can already go 70 miles at freeway speeds there is no reason to add more so the argument is truly moot. You see I do not want to give up the comfort for hauling around extra weight of something I won’t be using anyway. If I needed more range then I’d have to use a different vehicle. Or one with more range. If my old VW Ghia can hold 1200 lbs easy then the Leaf would have no trouble either.

The other thing is you are stuck on weight. We are about distance. I want to haul the least amount of weight as that is an enemy of any vehicle. So the less weight for a given distance and performance is what we are after. This is why lithium has made the EV a viable vehicle. Before lithium it was not totally viable. Some were right on the edge like the EV-1. But it is not about how much weight we can haul around. Weight is what we are trying to get rid of.

If however you want to do a Hummer and have the ability to haul the weight then you will need the excess weight of a huge pack of lithium. Lead acid would not do. Too bulky and heavy for the power you get.

So ditch the weight issue it is truly a moot point. If it requires me to carry 1200 lbs of lead acid batteries in my Ghia to go 30 freeway miles and only 600 lbs to go 150 freeway miles why would you load up more than that. You already have doubled your distance and halved the weight and you now have room for more if you like or more groceries at that. You actually gain comfort and get more miles and the car is quicker and lighter and safer.

Ditch the weight issue Tom.

It is old skool to keep thinking that way. There is no need too any longer.

Hi, Conventional electric cars have a fatal flaw, they simply can`t hold enough batteries to get the distance. Why buy a car for $30,000 that only does 80mi. when you can buy a car for $15,000 that goes 400mi. Reality strikes deep!
Electric EVette

[QUOTE=unique electric car;10162]Hi, Conventional electric cars have a fatal flaw, they simply can`t hold enough batteries to get the distance. Why buy a car for $30,000 that only does 80mi. when you can buy a car for $15,000 that goes 400mi. Reality strikes deep!
Electric EVette[/QUOTE]

They do not have a fatal flaw. They can hold enough to get the distance. How often do you really go 400 miles? For most folks maybe a few times per year.

You ask why would someone buy a car that can only go 80 miles and pay 30,000 for it. I ask why would any one pay 100,000 for a toy that does not even get 40 miles at freeway speeds? I remember you stating before that you have over $100,000 grand invested in your unique vehicle.

Why indeed Tom.

Anyway Tom I am getting away from GASOLINE. That is why I do ELECTRIC. EVEN my home is ALL ELECTRIC. If every thing else runs on electricity why not my car? Indeed, why not.

Your thinking is flawed because you do not crunch the numbers. So that car you pay 15,000 for must be kept in top running condition and may get on average 20 to 25 miles per gallon. National average is 20 mpg.

So you pay 15000 for a 20 mpg vehicle and keep it and drive it for 150,000 miles you must PAY for GASOLINE ONLY $26,000 dollars. That does not include any maintenance. So that $15000 dollar car is really a $41,000 dollar car. Take my Leaf and calculate at 70 miles per fill up and each fill up is about $3 you will only pay $7500 in electrical costs on average. So my $30,000 dollar car is only $37,500 dollars. Cheaper than your GASOLINE car and I did not pollute the environment either. So in the end the electric IS cheaper.

Bam

Tom,

Your barking up the wrong tree. No one ever buys a car for its payback value, no one. They buy it because they want it. A car is a personal thing. You have yours and I have mine. Mine is good for me while yours is good for you.

Do the numbers Tom. Cars are very expensive.

Hi, Its sad, when innovation cones along, and people reject it desperately holding on to the past. Some say, its better batteries, not more batteries. Clearly, its better batteries and more batteries. In the past, when people rode the most advanced horse and buggy of the day, and Henry Ford went by in his car, they said it will never work. Electric conversions have been around for decades they are already part of the past. If you do the same thing over and over, and expect change you will be disappoinded.
Electric EVette

If you do the same thing over and over, and expect change you will be disappoinded.

Well yes Tom. Lead Acid is very disappointing. Lithium is not. Gasoline is terrible expensive. And your Electric Conversion is different and modern over all the others HOW?

Hi. gottdi, Here are some things easy for the EVette, and impossible for the leaf. 1. can carry a large battery pack(1,400lbs and more). 2.can turn in its tracks (360%).in seconds. 3. can be driven by computer(PLC). Thats 3 strikes your out! Are we having fun yet?
Electric EVette

[QUOTE=unique electric car;10182]Hi. gottdi, Here are some things easy for the EVette, and impossible for the leaf. 1. can carry a large battery pack(1,400lbs and more). 2.can turn in its tracks (360%).in seconds. 3. can be driven by computer(PLC). Thats 3 strikes your out! Are we having fun yet?
Electric EVette[/QUOTE]

Why haul around 1400 lbs of batteries for 30 miles? Strike ONE
My car does not need the computer to steer. Strike TWO
And NO car will ever need to turn a 360 for any reason. A wasted feature. Strike THREE.
Inferior front suspension and bouncy vehicle due to the extremely heavy battery pack over the rear wheels. Strike FOUR
Capacity for only Two passengers and you have to put the car on rather than get in. Strike FIVE
Inferior Range. Strike SIX.

You have never said how fast your vehicle will go. EVER. Strike SEVEN
Irreplaceable body on your EV. Stirke EIGHT

YOU INSIST THAT YOUR EV IS SUPERIOR AND YET YOU STILL USE LEAD ACID AND YOU HAVE CRAPPY RANGE AND EVEN IF YOU PUT IN 1400 LBS OF LEAD IN THAT BEAST I CAN GO FURTHER THAN YOU WITH MY 650 LBS OF LITHIUM. I HAVE AIR CONDITIONING, HEATING, COMFORTABLE SEATING FOR 5 PLENTY OF HEAD ROOM FOR THE TALL PERSON. PLENTY OF LEG ROOM, KILLER STEREO AND NAVIGATION SYSTEM.

ARE YOU HAVING FUN YET.

YOU CAN’T WIN THE ARGUMENT WITH YOUR WEENY BUILD. YOUR BODY IS OUTDATED AND NEARLY IMPOSSIBLE TO REPLACE. IT IS NOT A BIG AS YOU THINK. HAULING ALL YOUR WEIGHT IN THE REAR IS CRAZY AS IS YOUR FRONT WHEEL. BY LOOKING AT YOUR VIDEO YOUR CAR IS TERRIBLE DANGEROUS AT ANY SPEED AND YOU HAVE NEVER ADDRESSED WHAT WOULD HAPPEN IF YOUR DRIVING DOWN THE ROAD AND YOU LOOSE MOTOR AND YOUR STEERING IS LOST.

YOU CAN’T WIN THE ARGUMENT.

YOU MAY CONTINUE TO REMAIN IN THE PAST OR MOVE AHEAD. ALL WHO HAVE SEEN AND WILL SEE YOUR VEHICLE WILL KNOW YOUR STUCK IN THE PAST AND THAT YOUR VEHICLE WILL NOT CHANGE THE WORLD.

NO ONE WILL BE BEATING A PATH TO YOUR DOOR TO PAY YOU YOUR MILLIONS FOR THE RIGHT TO BUILD YOUR VEHICLE. THAT IS GUARANTEED.

GOOD BY.

IT IS NOW TIME FOR ANOTHER TO ENTERTAIN TOM.

FOR NOW THE PODUM IS YOURS TOM. ALL YOURS AND ALL ALONE WILL BE YOURS ONCE AGAIN.

Hi, Im not here to win friends, or sell cars, Im here to show people electric conversions are not the only way to build electric cars. They are far to expensive and have a limited range. I doubt that will change any time soon.
Http://electricevette.com

[QUOTE=unique electric car;10184]Hi, Im not here to win friends, or sell cars, Im here to show people electric conversions are not the only way to build electric cars. They are far to expensive and have a limited range. I doubt that will change any time soon.
Http://electricevette.com[/QUOTE]

As you can see from [I]your[/I] example of a [I]conversion[/I] that it is limited in distance and far too expensive. By your admission in prior conversations over the years you claimed over $100,000 spent. Terrible in the suspension department and ungainly at any speed. Very doubtful (since you never ever answered the question from years past or now) that your car has ever seen freeway speeds.

From what I see ( using yours as an example ) ELECTRIC CONVERSIONS ARE THE ONLY WAY TO BUILD ELECTRIC CARS.

Hi gottdi, Ive helped convert lots of gas cars to electric. Heres what Ive observed, first get a used car with a blown motor, probably because some kid was racing around the neighborhood. Sounds shleezy already. Then, convince the customer they only need to go 40 or 50mi. a day. Also, when it gets expensive, remind them they are saving the planet one car at a time, and look at all the gas they will save in 10years. But, dont tell them, their first battery pack will probably drop dead in the first few months, because thew dont know how to maintain it. You know, like a used car salesman.
By the way, the EVette is experimental, I don`t drive it on the freeway, however it does have two substantial motors, has been driven at higher speeds. For safety, I like to drive around 35-4Omph in my neighborhood. And its FUN to drive!
electricevette.com

[QUOTE=unique electric car;10201]Hi gottdi, Ive helped convert lots of gas cars to electric. Heres what Ive observed, first get a used car with a blown motor, probably because some kid was racing around the neighborhood. Sounds shleezy already. Then, convince the customer they only need to go 40 or 50mi. a day. Also, when it gets expensive, remind them they are saving the planet one car at a time, and look at all the gas they will save in 10years. But, dont tell them, their first battery pack will probably drop dead in the first few months, because thew dont kniw how to maintain it. You know, like a used car salesman.
By the way, the EVette is experimental, I don`t drive it on the freeway, however it does have two substantial motors, has been driven at higher speeds. For safety, I like to drive around 35-4Omph in my neighborhood. And its FUN to drive!
electricevette.com

.[/QUOTE]

So if I were dead set on an electric vehicle (car) to get me to work and back on a daily basis and I need it to be reliable, go 75 miles reliably in cold weather with the heat on and be able to keep up with any modern freeway traffic what would you tell me?

Think first because I have such a vehicle already. But just assume I am new and know nothing and have a $35,000 budget. Saving the world not withstanding.

Hi gottdi, I would tell you the same thing, Ive told you for quite a while. Im not a car salesman. I invented the EVette , because Ive always known, electric conversions of gas cars do not make good electric cars, they have a fatal flaw. They cant hold enough batteries to get the distance. Hence, the leaf curb weight ( 3,440lbs) batteries (660lbs). Vehicle weight( without batteries 2,780lbs),thats almost a ton and a half. The elephand in the room is the vehicle weight,its far to heavy. Also, I estimate the EVette could be manufactured for $7,000 to $10,000. A price people could afford.
electricevette.com

[QUOTE=unique electric car;10210]Hi gottdi, I would tell you the same thing, Ive told you for quite a while. Im not a car salesman. I invented the EVette , because Ive always known, electric conversions of gas cars do not make good electric cars, they have a fatal flaw. They cant hold enough batteries to get the distance. Hence, the leaf curb weight ( 3,440lbs) batteries (660lbs). Vehicle weight( without batteries 2,780lbs),thats almost a ton and a half. The elephand in the room is the vehicle weight,its far to heavy. Also, I estimate the EVette could be manufactured for $7,000 to $10,000. A price people could afford.
electricevette.com[/QUOTE]

Tom, Yes they can. What distance are you talking about anyway. You a proponent of range anxiety? Range Anxiety is just total BULL ****. If you lived with a real electric vehicle for any time you’d know that. By the way. Some electric conversions can do better than 150 miles reliably and quickly. Do you really need to carry around with you enough batteries to go 400 or 500 hundred miles when in reality you only go less than 100 on a daily basis and only once and a great while you may need to venture out further?

You are stuck in the past Tom. A car is an EXCELLENT choice for a conversion. They work and with lithium they can easily hold enough batteries.

As for your vehicle, who would want a vehicle that rarely ever goes faster than neighbor hood vehicles. What good is that. I’d rather have a GEM over yours for around town driving needs.

You did not really think about it well did you.

You have lots to learn Tom.

Later and good luck.

Hi gottdi, The leaf, battery weight 660lbs, divided by 3450lbs the vehicle weight( without batteries) equals .19 times x equals 80mi. Where x equals 421. So, the EVette with 660lbs of batteries, divided by 1,000lbs the vehicle weight( without batteries)equals .66 times x equals 277mi. Thats more than 3 times the distance. Do the math.
electricevette.com

I’ve done the math Tom. I am aware that more batteries means more miles. How many times to I need to tell you that I know. The issue is that your car is not going to go further because you don’t utilize the ability of yours being able to hold soooooooo much more. Actually the Leaf CAN hold more. It is not up to ME but the Manufacturer. I’d like a bit more in the way of batteries but don’t NEED more. I only WANT more.

You seem to confuse NEEDS with WANTS. And my Electric CAR is superior to yours so I’d have a much easier time converting folks to want to go electric than you.

Hi gottdi, The leaf batteries weigh 660lbs, divided by the vehicle weight 2,790lbs(without batteries) equals .236 times x equals 80mi. Where x equals 339. So, if the EVette batteries weigh 660lbs, divided by the vehicle weight 1,000lbs (without batteries) equals .66 times x equals 223mi. More than twice the distance. Do the math.
electricevette.com

Hi, The EVette, is drive by wire no steering wheel ( joystick steering) and its fun to drive.
Electric EVette