Unique electric car

Hi gottdi, I noticed you carefully avoided a simple fact. More batteries more distance. Agree, disagree, or dance. I`m betting you will dance.
Tom Sines:D
electricevette.com

You need to go find a better forum to get your information from. EVDL or DIY but not HERE. This is Tom Sines forum. He talks to himself and repeats himself over and over and over and over and over and over. Even when you donā€™t ask a question he repeats himself and reposts over and over and over just to get your goat.

Go listen to this guy. He is dead on.

EVTV Motor Verks | Electric Car Conversion Videos

Years of videos for you to learn from for free. Produces weekly programs and you will benefit. There are others in your neck of the woods building electric cars. Any thing is better then nothing.

Donā€™t knock the Leaf. It is a top notch EV. Not Tesla but who else is producing an EV for sale that is better.

[QUOTE=unique electric car;10047]Hi gottdi, I noticed you carefully avoided a simple fact. More batteries more distance. Agree, disagree, or dance. I`m betting you will dance.
electricevette.com[/QUOTE]

We already know that if you carry more batteries that you go further.

You donā€™t read too well do you Tom.

Hi gottdi, Good, then since the EVette clearly holds far more batteries than the leaf it will go much farther( all other things being equal). Agree, or disagree?
Tom Sines
electricevette.com

[QUOTE=unique electric car;10050]Hi gottdi, Good, then since the EVette clearly holds far more batteries than the leaf it will go much farther( all other things being equal). Agree, or disagree?
Tom Sines
electricevette.com[/QUOTE]

I disagree. You have lead acid and I have lithium. Good luck putting in enough lead acid batteries in your TANK and getting more distance than I currently get at 55 to 60 mph.

Hi, gottdi, You seem to conveniently forget, I said ( all other things being equal) batteries, motors, controllers,etc. This is an experimental electric car, whether it has lead or lithium batteries is irrelevant. Changing from lead to lithium batteries is an easy thing to do. So, to make it simple for you to understand, if I put 660lbs of lithium batteries in the EVette, and the EVette without batteries is about 1,000lbs, your leaf has 660lbs of batteries, and weighs 2,790lbs without batteries. I will go much farther. Agree, disagree, or dance.
://electricevette.com

[QUOTE=unique electric car;10052]Hi, gottdi, You seem to conveniently forget, I said ( all other things being equal) batteries, motors, controllers,etc. This is an experimental electric car, whether it has lead or lithium batteries is irrelevant. Changing from lead to lithium batteries is an easy thing to do. So, to make it simple for you to understand, if I put 660lbs of lithium batteries in the EVette, and the EVette without batteries is about 1,000lbs, your leaf has 660lbs of batteries, and weighs 2,790lbs without batteries. I will go much farther. Agree, disagree, or dance.
://electricevette.com[/QUOTE]

First off donā€™t insult me by thinking I donā€™t understand. I understand you canā€™t compare my car to yours. I understand as do all others that the more you put in the more distance you get. Any dolt can understand that.

Well ****. If you put in 660 lbs of lithium and I did the same I am quite sure you would get more distance but you would be hard pressed to get that much in your dinky little car. I could. I understand about light weight vehicles but I have one advantage over you and it may just be enough to say Iā€™d actually get more distance. You have big huge fat crappy tires and I am quite sure your gearing ratio sucks too. With the tires alone I bet I get more distance. You keeping yours and me keeping mine I win.

You are trying to win a loosing argument. My car is a real car and not a fiberglass replica of some out of date vehicle. Cool, yes but not practical.

In the end it is truly about being practical and useful. Yours is not but an experiment and toy. Mine is a viable daily commuter that is insured and has a factory warranty where yours does not. Sorry but your trying again to win an argument you canā€™t possibly win.

I know you are going to toss out another parroted statement you tried years ago and just canā€™t let go.

Donā€™t bother. I will not argue with you. You have a TOY. I have a CAR.

Hi gottdi, Here in Florida we got alligator skin. So, what is the diameter of those little tiny tires? Also, The width of the EVette is 6ā€™9" how wide your marrow little leaf?
Electric EVette

[QUOTE=unique electric car;10061]Hi gottdi, Here in Florida we got alligator skin. So, what is the diameter of those little tiny tires? Also, The width of the EVette is 6ā€™9" how wide your marrow little leaf?
Electric EVette[/QUOTE]

Go educate yourself on LRR Tires and why they are used.

Hi gottdi, Ive been in the EV community for years, and helped convert lots of gas cars to electric. The reason for LRR tires is always the same, to get more distance from an electric conversion that desperately needs it. The EVette doesnt have that problem. Also, LRR tires are not safe, not enough rubber on the ground. You said you were not coming back, yet here you are.
Electric EVette

[QUOTE=gottdi;10045]Itā€™s too bad you donā€™t have EVā€™s available. Then you must build one. Donā€™t take Top Gear as gospel. It is entertainment. You would not buy a Leaf or build an electric car if you needed more than 75 miles daily. It is known that you donā€™t need more than that for most of your daily needs. It is also known that most families have more than one vehicle. So in that light have a gas vehicle for the very occasional long distance trip needed and use the electric for the rest. It does work. If you rarely ever drive more than 70 miles per day what tote around all those batteries. The Leaf is a very good and well built vehicle and I think Nissan could have done a bit better but not a whole lot better. It was never meant to compete with the Tesla S or Roadster. It is also not small. It is a 5 passenger hatch back 4 door vehicle. Plenty of room for groceries too. The one thing that I would like to see is a bit larger battery pack. Iā€™d like it to have a good solid 120 mile range at 65 mph. It has plenty of room to increase the size of the battery.

Did you know that the Tesla S will offer one with only 140 miles range? Most will buy the one with more range but some will see that they donā€™t need to tote around an extra large pack or that they buy what they can afford but still have a Tesla S.

The Leaf is also a quick car and will do 95 mph.[/QUOTE]

Cool wel apparently they are bringing the Leave to SA next year. But not to sure about that. There is some local guy busy building a EV from the ground up. They call it ā€˜Jouleā€™. But they will only be launching in 2015. Google it. They have even been to the Geneva Motor Show with it.

Well, itā€™s for that reason that I want to buy a cheap car with not much cosmetic work. I dont really care if I have to remove the rear seats or fill the trunk space with batteries. But what I need is something that willtake me to work and back every day. I travel about 150km/day (93.2ml) and I might use it on weekends for short trips, but for now I need to get as much info on what my options are and so far all I have goten was people telling me how impossible it is and how not it is going to work. It sound like their all working for the Fossil Fuel Junkies. Well they donā€™t have my R3500 fuel bill every month. And just to put that into perspective for you its about $28000/month at the current exchange rate.

Anyway I have checked a guy building some American car into an EV and I found some inspiration there. Still need to read to the end of his story and check out all the photos. Some guy kept asking him to make video so hopefully he will have done so when I get to the end. Cheers for now.

[QUOTE=unique electric car;10069]Hi gottdi, Ive been in the EV community for years, and helped convert lots of gas cars to electric. The reason for LRR tires is always the same, to get more distance from an electric conversion that desperately needs it. The EVette doesnt have that problem. Also, LRR tires are not safe, not enough rubber on the ground. You said you were not coming back, yet here you are.
Electric EVette[/QUOTE]

In your neighbor hood maybe. And yours looks like it desperately needs LLR tires.

DUDE, ALL CARS NEED LLR TIRES ON THEM. IT WILL HELP EVERY CAR OR VEHICLE THAT HAS WHEELS. INCLUDING YOURS. THEY ARE PLENTY SAFE AND IF YOU GET 50 MILES ON THOSE FAT SOGGY SPONGE TIRES THEN YOUā€™D GET 70 WITH A GOOD SET OF LLR TIRES ON YOUR RIDE. DUDE. YOU HAVE NO CLUE DO YOU. ALL YOUR ARGUMENTS SUCK. NOT ONE CAN STAND ON THE MERITS OF YOUR BUILD EXCEP THAT YOUR VEHICLE CAN TURN ON A DIME. HOWEVER NO ONE NEEDS TO TURN ON A DIME. SO IT IS MOOT.

Hi gottdi, Lets see, you agree, the EVette can out maneuver a conventional car. You agree,more batteries more distance, although you are sure I dont have the right gear ratio. And you hate my big beautiful all terrain tires, although millions of people in America love to drive off road. So, lets talk autonomous driving (robotics) we have made experiments that show the EVette can be driven with a PLC. If you understand electronics, and computer programming we can talk, otherwise you will probably just send a flurry of accusations. I cant wait to see which one!Tom Sines:D
Electric EVette

[QUOTE=unique electric car;10087]Hi gottdi, Lets see, you agree, the EVette can out maneuver a conventional car. You agree,more batteries more distance, although you are sure I dont have the right gear ratio. And you hate my big beautiful all terrain tires, although millions of people in America love to drive off road. So, lets talk autonomous driving (robotics) we have made experiments that show the EVette can be driven with a PLC. If you understand electronics, and computer programming we can talk, otherwise you will probably just send a flurry of accusations. I cant wait to see which one!Tom Sines:D
Electric EVette[/QUOTE]

Out maneuver in a parking lot but not out handle on the open road at speeds above parking lot speeds. Iā€™ve seen the movie Tom. Canā€™t refute what weā€™ve seen. I made the comment about the gearing because no one in their right mind would even consider those all terrain tires for an efficient vehicle. For a fat truck for off road play they are what you need. I know you donā€™t take yours off road. No way that front wheel set up could handle that. The fat tires and rear end are to support all that lead. Seems more and more like a street driven forklift in the guise of a Lamborghini. All the weight over the drive wheels. Now I know what is under the skin of that beast of yours. If I did not care about distance or efficiency in my vehicle Iā€™d have no problem with fat off road tires. They have their place but not on some electric vehicle. You give yourself too much credit Tom.

I understand enough about autonomous robots and know that it is extremely difficult and with any safety margin to have a robot run on its own on a public roadway. It has to see, feel, be able to judge distance, Has to have a way to know for sure if its too close. When to slow, speed up turn hold the lane. It needs to know when some dolt in a dressed up forklift is siting inside and when that person takes over because it lost control of one brake or motor. It must have safety shutdown and stop measures as well as how to park. Parking right now is about the easiest thing done so far. Driving with no traffic has been done too. But put it in with a bunch of idiots on the road youā€™d be hard pressed to have it survive. It has to be smarter than the average dolt. That is the problem. Making them smart and making them know how to react properly in case of an emergency.

Testing is being conducted and I have no doubt that some day we will have autonomous vehicles taking use to and fro in utter safety.

Until then I trust only myself.

Good luck in your endeavors to create the system that will be considered for that task. Stick with one part of the system and perfect it. Once that is done then move on to the next. Get enough people involved and all the perfect parts then make the one ultimate system that can perfectly take all those perfect parts to make it all work.

Itā€™s getting closer but its a slooooooooooooooooow process.

Pete :slight_smile:

Hi gottdi, I`ve seen that dance before, 30years ago less than 1% of all cars were electric. Now, in the future still less than 1% of all cars are electric. Electrc conversions are not changing the world much!
Ton Sines:D
Electric EVette

[QUOTE=unique electric car;10092]Hi gottdi, I`ve seen that dance before, 30years ago less than 1% of all cars were electric. Now, in the future still less than 1% of all cars are electric. Electrc conversions are not changing the world much!
Ton Sines:D
Electric EVette[/QUOTE]

Well once again you did not have a response that was relevant to the response but to respond to you.

I have seen your dance before too and it is not at all that impressive. Yes long ago electric was on the road but lead acid batteries kept the viable usage of them limited to industrial equipment and golf carts. There was many tries to get electric to catch on and once again we are at that point but with one HUGE difference. We have LITHIUM batteries.

THAT CHANGES EVERY THING. Now it is not going to change overnight nor even close to overnight. The world will not beat a path to the dealer to by one. Nor did the world beat a path to solar panels either. They should for both. But things will change this time and this time there are more electric cars out on the market world wide than ever before. Still an extremely low percentage but you know it will only happen ONE CAR AT A TIME. That is how it will happen.

So when you join the crowd and update to lithium your vehicle will become a more viable vehicle for daily transportation purposes.

There is not argument and no issue with if it will happen or not. It will happen but not as fast as many would like. But have no doubt, it will happen. If you did not think so you would not have bothered with our build. Nor I mine.

Yours is good for you and mine is good for me. You donā€™t need to sell me and I donā€™t need to sell you. You have ideas and so do I. We disagree on many fronts but one thing we do agree with is that electric IS the way to go.

You really need to get out and do more. You spend way too much time on this forum where your main person you talk to is yourself.

Pete :slight_smile:

Hi gottdi, Your right about one thing, Im talking to myself most of the time. Ive heard this tune any times, when batteries are better, then we will have electric cars. NiCd, NiMH, AGM, etc. and still not many electric cars on the road. I think your in a dream world., people will not buy electric cars until they can afford them. The tesla $100.000, volt $40,000, feaf 30,000, thats not going to change any time soon. Henry Ford was succesful because he put out a car that was 1/3 the price of the electric cars of the day. Now, thats a plan I can get with, cheaper, and better!
Electric EVette

[QUOTE=unique electric car;10102]Hi gottdi, Your right about one thing, Im talking to myself most of the time. Ive heard this tune any times, when batteries are better, then we will have electric cars. NiCd, NiMH, AGM, etc. and still not many electric cars on the road. I think your in a dream world., people will not buy electric cars until they can afford them. The tesla $100.000, volt $40,000, feaf 30,000, thats not going to change any time soon. Henry Ford was succesful because he put out a car that was 1/3 the price of the electric cars of the day. Now, thats a plan I can get with, cheaper, and better!
Electric EVette[/QUOTE]

Yup. Everyone wants HIGH PAY and CHEAP PRODUCTS before they will buy. YOU ARE THE ONE IN A DREAM WORLD.

I can say with out a doubt that I would never have even considered buying an electric or building an electric if it were not able to take me my 45 daily miles at freeway speeds.

Initially I was in a DREAM world because what I saw and heard was an electric car with LEAD ACID batteries would take me 150 miles. Time and time again I saw this bull **** being posted with peoples conversions and I told myself that wow. I can do that and have a car that will take me 100 miles and be cheap as well. Well I got the cheap part down quite well except when it comes to the batteries. Even lead acid batteries are expensive. But when I only got 20 miles at freeway speeds I was baffled. I was told I should be getting 100 miles. I soon realized that what was missing was the truth. I could get 100 miles but I had to be driving my car on the golf course. You see, at 10 mph or less anyone with an electric vehicle with lead acid CAN get 100 miles or more per charge.

Then along came NiCAD. Oooops. Not so good after all. Then NiMH and the door opened further. But Chevron/Texaco had the foot on Large Format NiMH batteries. They too are good and good enough for production vehicles. But not nearly as good as LiFePO4 Lithium Batteries. All prior batteries were very heavy and limited the amount of batteries you could carry except if you had a truck or ForkLift with different clothes. The average car could only carry a small amount of weight. They did not redesign them.

The OIL companies got what they wanted. Well now it IS a different story but it will still take time. The OIL companies CANT do a damn thing NOW.

I routinely drive my Leaf 60 miles daily AT FREEWAY SPEED. To and from work. It is my commuter car and it does itā€™s job well. It has room for more but they did not build it that way. It is plenty for me. And on top of that we have one other in our neck of the woods that has one too and we both happen to work at the same place. It is catching on.

But your style of ELECTRIC CAR will remain aloof. Eccentric folks with lots of cash might think about it but they would more like the real mccoy and not some plastic toy.

So if you donā€™t think ELECTRIC CARS are the Future why did you build one and why to you promote it so hard? Why do you tout yours as better than the rest? If it WERE BETTER it would be available to buy RIGHT?

Well there are now a few on the market AGAIN but at least you can BUY them rather than LEASE them. That is a huge step. So is going 100 miles and a light weight vehicle. No more heavy LUGS to haul around. No more maintaining batteries.

Gotta Go. I actually WORK for a LIVING.

[QUOTE=gottdi;10103]Yup. Everyone wants HIGH PAY and CHEAP PRODUCTS before they will buy. YOU ARE THE ONE IN A DREAM WORLD.

Well said gottdi!!! Have you dhecked out the new Ford Focus EV. I just love it. I canā€™t wait for someone to shut up these negative remarks.

Makes me think of the times when computers were in their baby shoes. It will be no time and we will be looking back at the baby shoes of EVā€™s. If the car manufacturers dont do it we will. And its going to open up another market. CONVERTING THE FOSSIL FUELERS. :rofl:

Hi gottdi The GM volt has only sold about 10,000 cars, another drop in the electric car bucket. Not much interest. At this rate it should only take about 100 years to get electric cars on the road. The oil companys are laughing their brains out!
Electric EVette