Delta Q chargers

We’ve had the GEM for 10+ years and I’ve pretty much rebuilt the entire thing so I expect to have it for another 10+. Figured I would bite the bullet and get a charger for the inevitable battery changes over this time frame. The tap method is way to frustrating for me (never could get it to work) and I figure by having a programmer I can help others in the San Diego area with a Delta-Q charger who might need reprogramming from time to time.

Flooded is recommended for AGM when AGM profile is not available. Gel setting is not strong enough an AGM or Flooded on GEL setting gradually lose capacity.

In a message dated 1/8/2020 11:26:31 AM Eastern Standard Time, electricforum@discoursemail.com writes:

The factory Gem Gel setting #14 will finish balance your batteries @16v each . No that is not a misprint , 16v each . One of my Gems was a rental had over 10,000 miles on it with the original factory gel batteries . I took them out to do a lithium conversion (24hrs after I got the gem :slight_smile: and installed them in a friends gen 2 years ago . They are still working , but finally lost a lot of range . So the gel algorithm seems to be a good one .

But I don’t think AGM batteries like the high finish voltage .

FYI , Deltaq has multiple agm profiles . If you can try and get the one for your batteries (east penn agm)

What do you recommend for 25s life?
I’ll invite you to the thread.

The tests i di showed the gel setting worked for 25s lfp cells . But that was that charger with those cells . Don’t know how it would act in another scenario .

@DougK. Can you lend device to @grantwest?
Tnx

Happy to lend it with deposit to ensure I get it back. I’m in San Diego. Can arrange a pick up if that works.

Send me your Pay Pal and I’ll send your a Deposit.

Hey Doug I need to borrow that delta q Reprogram or let me know what it’s going to take

Do you have phone # for getting a Delta charger rebuild as , I have a 200 e825 withers a Delta 910- 7200 need rebuilt.
Thanks

FSIP rebuilds them. I believe the cost is as much as new, but it will have the same profiles and leads.

Doug…I would like to borrow your programmer…I’m in San Marcos.

I could certainly use your help with programming…the tap method is just not working for me…I live in San Marcos.

Following this thread

HI Dann,

Sorry for not getting back to you. Other projects came up and I stopped checking the GEM site. Do you still need to borrow the programmer? If so I’ve got it just sitting here. I think I paid $200 for it, so would just ask for that as a deposit.

Doug

Thanks Doug for the offer…but I think I have something else wrong. I had a guy with a programmer come by. He hooked it up but my charger would not indicate what was program it was set to. My charger will charge, the lights flash, green light when finished etc…any suggestions?

Dann , What is the problem you are having ?

When I initially plug it in it runs through all the lights and then just blinks forever. It doesn’t blink just once then pause and blink three or four times more…I have no idea which algorithm it is in.

do you have the battery switch off when you plug it in ?