Delta Q chargers

Everything on the dash display appears to be working properly. So there is no way to bypass the interlock on the newer models? I plan on getting the original one rebuilt but would like to get it going now.
Thanks

Looking at the schematic - I believe if you remove the blue and black wires from the charger interlock, and jumper them,it will probably go. If it destroys something I never heard of you.

2 Likes

Is the interlock contained inside the PSDM? My schematic shows a green wire from the charger and a white wire from the key switch going to the interlock inside the (PSDM)power signal distribution module. Are those the two that need to be jumpered?

I donā€™t know My schematic is 2005. Hey guys - chime in here and help Fly out.

I wish I new . this might be helpful , when I had my deltaq upgraded they told me to ground the wire that foes to battery temp to the battery negative to get it to charge . it was the orange and black temp wire . donā€™t know if that helps .
also if you donā€™t want to repair your old deltaq Iā€™ve got a 2007 deltaq gem version for sale set up for gel batteries 375.

mike

Iā€™m not having any issues with it charging. I did not have to ground the orange/black wire for it to charge. I need to get the interlock bypassed. I was told to connect the green wire to the interlock with the orange/black wire. That does not bypass the interlock. I have the 2010 schematic Iā€™ll try to post. Thanks guys.

Hello, I see itā€™s an old post but we have the same charger number. Do you know what 5 algorithms are available for this gem delta q part number? We would like to use it on AGMā€™s. Thanks.

1 Like

If you want to bypass the interlock, White wire from the Charger goes to -72v
Green wire on the GEM harness goes to +72v. Green wire from charger is capped and not used.
NOTE: I think this is only for Lithium charger profiles (white wire becomes ā€œenableā€ charger instead of temp sensor)
I think jumping the Green on the GEM harness to 72+ will bypass the interlock even with wet or AGM profiles.

So, I have 2005 GEM e2 with Trojans, flooded lead acid. To change to Crown AGMā€™s with my Delta QuiQ
charger, will my charger work just as is, just swap out batteries and good to go? I trust your advice, but is there anywhere else besides this forum to get supporting answers? Will appreciate your reply, thanks!
Gerald

Some DQs dont have an AGM setting you have to use flooded.

#13 is flooded #14 is Gel

In a message dated 4/1/2019 3:33:16 PM US Eastern Standard Time, electricforum@discoursemail.com writes:

Gerald
April 1
So, I have 2005 GEM e2 with Trojans, flooded lead acid. To change to Crown AGMā€™s with my Delta QuiQ
charger, will my charger work just as is, just swap out batteries and good to go? I trust your advice, but is there anywhere else besides this forum to get supporting answers? Will appreciate your reply, thanks!
Gerald

Needs to be reprogrammed for AGM or swapped.

I have a 2008 Gem, first time owner. Everything was working fine, charging fine, parked it and now it will not charge. Thought it was a fuse in the dash, took the cover off changed out the 20amp fuse and nothing. noticed that the DQ box was flashing red (didnā€™t think to count the flashes) so I thought there must be a fuse inside. I soon figured out that fuse isnā€™t meant to come out, as I broke it. Reading everyones post I have no idea how to replace this charger or where to order. Can you all point me in the right direction? Thx

Itā€™s a pretty big job replacing the fuse. Fortunately, they never blow unless the green wire gets shorted.
You can send it to me to test/repair. $100
Iā€™m only about 50% repairs. If not repairable, I can put your leads on a new charger for an easy swap. $350 total.

This might sound dumbā€¦ but if the fuse is solid white inside is it blown? The fuse in the DQ was solid whit so I thought it was blown for sure???

Can you send me the details of how and where to send it to? You can email it to me at hchowasso@gmail.com Thanks

I just purchased new Deka AGM batteries 105ah with my GEM Delta-Q charger. These batteries replaced some older Deka Gel batteries. Charging code in the charger was set at 14 (Deka gel) so I bought a programmer to change the profile to an AGM profile from the Delta-Q web site. Tried profile 42 but only got double flashing red lights when charging, went back to 14 and it appears to be charging normally. I wonder if profile 42 is corrupt or not compatible with my firmware. Do you have any other AGM profiles that you would suggest I try?

Gem chargers do not support agm.
You would need to update sw to non-gem for agm profiles to work.

1 Like

Go to code 13 flooded. Your charger will have that code available. If you leave it on 14 your batteries will lose half their range in 6 months.

In a message dated 1/8/2020 1:15:38 AM Eastern Standard Time, electricforum@discoursemail.com writes:

Thanks Inow and Old-Houseboater!

My charger has software version 2.12. Just noticed that the downloadable profiles for the Quick-Q charger are only good with version 3.6 or later which I think explains the issue I was experiencing with the downloaded profiles! The programmer I purchased seems to have the capability of both uploading new profiles and system software. Any experience with anyone updating their ā€œGemā€ charger to a newer software version 3.6 or greater and would doing so disable any other features on the GEM?

I thought I had read that flooded profiles will overcharge and damage AGM batteries. Have others used profile 13 (flooded) on AGM batteries with good results? That would clearly be the easiest solution, but still a little uneasy about using a non- AGM specific profile.

V1_26_0.enc works with all the lead profiles
Actually they work in anything but Gem.
Did you buy the programmer for one time use?