Dead QuiQ charger?

Barbjb@acegroup.cc
Chargery products bms
Ebay contact info barbjb

If you have a dead DQ charger and want to take a chance on getting a cheap repair, I’ll give it a try for $100 plus shipping.
Pay nothing. Send it to me.
If I fix it, pay $100 plus shipping back.
If I don’t, pay for return shipping or not.

Or I’ll ship it to Rodney for rebuilding.

I can also add one of these profiles, if it’s a programmable model.

One time deal, I’m not starting a new business. Want to see how it goes.

I maybe having a problem with the DeltaQ charger on a 2000 GEM that I have. It does all kinds of crazy things when I plug in the charger with beeping and light flashes. I discovered that one of the Trojans installed has a cell with the electrolyte below the plates. I picked up a replacement battery and with see how the charger performs after I install the new battery.

It will do that with battery problem or wrong profile. I haven’t seen any with problems, that weren’t dead of flashing error code.
If you need a DQ charger, I may be able to help.

[quote=Inwo;33532]It will do that with battery problem or wrong profile. I haven’t seen any with problems, that weren’t dead of flashing error code.
If you need a DQ charger, I may be able to help.[/quote]

I replaced the bad battery with a new Trojan that I picked up. I charged all six batteries with a 12V charger. I plugged in the DeltaQ and after the self check of the lights it fast flashes 6 times and never starts charging. I unplugged the DeltaQ, checked all the connections and tried again; same results.

The red fault light 6 blinks?

yes, repeating 6 fast blinks.

Book say’s “internal fault”.
Rodney can get them rebuilt with warranty.

I can look at it, replace bad parts if I find them, you would have to pay shipping both ways, even if I can’t help you.

I do have a couple working DQ that might help you out, it they have the right profiles for you batteries.

See what Rodney say’s.

The manual says it might be an internal fuse. How tough is that to replace?

It’s soldered to pcb. Check continuity between red and green. That is where fuse is located.

I finally took the time to check the continuity between the red and green wires that come from the DeltaQ charger. Less than an ohm resistance. The green wire is not connected to anything; should it be?

Fuse is ok.

Green wire is not needed to charge battery. It is the B+ supply, to power car, from DQ interlock relay.

ps. Don’t short it out.

OK, so I have a problem with the charger, correct?

Looks that way.
Good chargers will flash code 2 with battery disconnected.

[quote=Inwo;33707]Looks that way.
Good chargers will flash code 2 with battery disconnected.[/quote]

I disconnected the batteries from the charger and got the 2 flashes.

Do you have a white wire?
Connected when using charger?

Yes I have a white wire, it is still hooked up. Red black and green are not connected to anything.

The white wire connects to black thru temperature sensor.
Check sensor with ohmmeter. Sensor should be connected to battery post and look like large a wire terminal.
The last check that I can think of is to connect charger direct to battery, with good sensor connected.

Keep green taped off so it doesn’t short and blow fuse.

The thermal sensor is open, so I jumpered around it, hooked the charger back up to the batteries and still get the same 6 flashes.

I’m not sure jumpering is allowed. I would have to try it on mine. I do know it wouldn’t charge without it. Don’t remember the error.

It can be replace with 12k resistor for testing, if you have a radio shack nearby.

Dumb question. Does any one have experience where the heat sensor actually triggered on a DQ or Zivan charger? These puppy’s are only 12 Amps Charging 95 to 150 AH battery banks.