WTB Tomberlin Anvil NEV LSV

I’m thinking $5k with a bad rear end. There are no parts that i know of.
I had one with the same issue. Hi tech lube was no help.
@JarJarJava there ya go!

yea, that sounds about right, not knowing the condition of the car.
Happy to discuss buying it, I am close enough to come to pick it up.
Send me a PM with your number if you want to talk.

1 Like

Just so you know, that wasn’t an offer.
I paid less for my nice ones.
A fair price to list it for. Might find the right buyer.

I can’t get into another vehicle right now Dave. Only have space for 3: right now that’s my ICE work commuter is one, Emmy is the other and she needs a lot of lovin’ (still have to finish the upgrades) and blue balz, your old blue '10 eL mule with the lift kit and hotrod volt pack.

Need to clean up the '10, do a few minor fixes and sell it to let someone else have some fun before I get into another vehicle.

The invite was for this opening. :slight_smile:
How did you miss that one?

Tired. Long work hours, confusing / mixing up the content of one thread with another in my head…

Please, I would like to look at the controller service manual. I will check out the tow switch. Is there a different brand controller that can be programmed ? My ultimate goal would be to get this anvil to do 35mph!!

If I cant get my anvil running, do you sell a programmed controller?

I do not sell a programmed controller - we are not aware of any OEM replacement controllers available or a way to program them - although we have not put much effort into trying.
It could be replaced with a Sevcon controller but you lose all dash functions and it would be a time-consuming effort.

Yes, if you can rewire it and make some voltage tests for us.
Sevcon controller swap.

Doesn’t it have a high/low switch on the left side of steering column? When you turn your key on doesn’t your controller flash you a code telling you like 1 flash wait then like a 4 flash in a row. the light that does the flashing is up on the left side of the controller by the 3 big wiires. When you first turn key on it will be red then you should hear a click and the light will turn green then start flashing you a code telling you whats wrong. If it don’t light up then your main relay or key switch is giving you a problem. the flashing codes are like 1-3 1-6 and so on. You need to talk to Mike KC on here and he know all about the electrical side of these Anvils.

1 Like

I’d sell my Anvil, just pulled rear end and did new bearings in it and didn’t help it. Do you know where i can buy new gears for it? Thanks Harold

No, I dont do any of the work myself. I am hoping one day to find a “re-power” option. to just replace the motor and controller, maybe the batteries too! - I am wondering about a chevy bolt drivetrain? I dont know what to do but I have had 6 years of fun with this thing I dont want to get rid of it

I am not aware of any place to get new gears. If I remember an old post from @Inwo they are not available.

@haroldfrank1945 - Dave and I have set you a PM

Do you have any suggestion for replacing the (motor and controller) in the anvil?

@teddygraham -
Please read all the treads above - controller replacement is covered pretty well. Once you have read please respond with any questions and I will try to assist.

Yes, i have done it. We know this motor well.

I just purchased a 2013 anvil and it was a flooded cart. All in all it looks great was looking for someone in central Fl that could help me get it running. Also where to find a replacement controller

Unfortunately, these things are unicorns - I love them but parts are challenging.

Factory controllers cannot be found, @Inwo has some of the same generic controllers but we have not found a way to program them (even with the software) and we do not have access to firmware that would work in that car.

You could replace the factory controller with a Sevcon, @Inwo has done this as well a long time ago. You would lose all dash functionality and there may be other caveats.

The two people close to you would be @LithiumGods and @djgabriel2004 (east and west Florida) but I have no idea if they would want to take on this project.

Do you have a picture? Look at the controller on the outside chance that it was mine or a buddy’s car.
Mine would have Sevcon controller and the other a Curtis.