WTB Tomberlin Anvil NEV LSV

Only if you need/want a new controller.

Yea, I don’t know how to fix the factory controller, nor do I have the time to learn it :slight_smile:
Might buy the car from you tho?

1 Like

I’m not really wanting to repair the Kinetek, I would like to have something more trouble free and can be serviced. Thanks Don’t think you would want to buy the car for what i would want for it with it setting here with a new set of batteries.

Can you fix me up with a new controller and harness for the anvil? Not a Kinetek. Thanks Harold

Was you talking about a new Kinetek programmed for my Anvil? That wouldn’t be a pain all the time? My anvil only has 4,000 miles on it. That doesn’t seem like a lot of miles for the cost. Maybe i’m wrong. Thanks Harold

We only do Sevcon controllers. No problem for mikekc if he has the car. Same motor he programs all the time. It’s possible that i have a coversion harness for it. Built and tested one that was never sold.

I’d buy 1 if you had it programmed for my anvil, harness and all. Do i have to take my cart to mikekc? Where is he located? Thanks Harold

As we don’t have a tested kit, need to take it to one of us. Unless you can rewire it yourself.

I do golf cart wiring, but not the kind of wiring i think you are talking about. Both of you live in Mn. ? Also what is the $ figure of this setup complete? Thanks

I’m in mn. Mikekc is in kcmo.
If you wire carts its no issue.

1. Measure throttle voltages. High side, low side, and wiper range.
    Say, from .5v to 4.5v at wot. For programming new controller.

2. Rewire fs1 for active low. If needed. Ie. Throttle switch needs to pull a controller pin low as throttle is pressed.

3. Rewire forward and reverse switch to pull respective pins low when active. Anvil oem is active high. Sevcon uses active low. Same for D1 if used. (Turf mode)

4. Sevcon is powered from key B+ on pin1.

5. Motor connections are the same. Wire to the new supplied Sevcon plug. Ampseal 35p.
    Phase wires 3, encoder wires 4, thermister 2.

6. Connect two wires from Sevcon to MC coil. 72v coil? I dont remember.

I believe that’s about it. All wires should be available at the Kinetek controller plug.
Dash will not work with new controller. I use ant-bms with lcd and speedometer option. Gps works as well.
Mikekc has a bt dash option.

1 Like

I think Mikekc would work out best for me, because i have someone that will take Anvil to kcmo for me. Do i need to get in touch with Mikekc to make arrangements to get this done? I want to thank you for your help so far. Thanks Harold

Yes, not sure he is interested or what he would charge. I know he can do it if motivated.
@MikeKC

Guys, give me a day or two - on a trip and will be back shortly.

No problem, Mike i’ve been waiting awhile to find someone to fix the Anvil for me enjoy your trip. Get in touch with me and maybe we can get this Anvil repaired in the near future. Thanks Harold

MikeKC Mike have you got back from your trip yet? Thanks

I am, I will send you a private message so we can discuss.

Have you got your Anvil fixed- I am in the same boat, bad controller. and just want to get this thing running. had it for 6 years and I love it! (when it works) please help

He did get it fixed, it was a bad run/tow switch.

Got mine going about a mo. a go.Had a bad tow run switch on it. My controller turned out ok. Do you have the Kinetek Controller service manual. I found a site where i could download it. and i did and printed it where i can go to it anytime. Let me know if you want the site? Thanks Harold

Mike what is my Anvil worth ? Has a whining rear end. Harold frank thanks