What electric vehicle are you currently driving or looking to buy?

I ended up with a 2002 GEM E2 that was in good shape but needed batteries. The first one (2000) that I looked at had “New” batteries from March 2012!

i favorite electric car

Use a Ford Think for a 1 1/2 mile trip to work on a daily basis, Does anyone know where to get front wheel bearings or a part # for a think??

Hello.

I hope this is the right place to post. I’m interested in the E-Twow electric scooter. I don’t know if I’m allowed to post any links, so I won’t. From what I hear it’s a new and innovative electric vehicle. What caught my attention is the fact that is fully portable and this is what I was looking for. Can anyone offer me some advice concerning this scooter?

Thank you.

A proud Prius owner here!

Hi,

I’m a brand new (virgin) to your forum… please be easy on me. I just purchased a 2008 GEM special edition e2. I have some questions (what newbie doesn’t). But I don’t think this is the right place or time to vent them.

Kind regards,

Rascal (jerry):cool2:

I currently have a GEM 2005 el than desperately needs new batteries. I was planning on purchasing Trojan T-1275 as a replacement. Any comments on these batteries? Is it worth the extra money for gel’s. I have no problem adding water to batteries. Would love to go to Li but understand it is excess of $3K to do so. Would like to stay in the price range of the Trojans. Any lessons learned would be appreciated. Thanks

Way to go. Most people think these are the Gold Standard.

I currently have two GEM e825’s one stock and one decked out and looking to install Lifepo4 conversions in both vehicles.

Jakob

Hello Gang,
I recently purchased a 2003 E2 GEM Car. It has the 14" Wheels and 7.5 HP Motor. This thing flies… LOL I’ve enjoyed reading lots of comments in the various forums. :wave:

Just purchased a 2001 GEM e825 two seater with diamond plate rear deck, to which the previous owner attached a diamond plate tool box. Using it for short trips within our small town, avoiding using our car while taking advantage of our solar panels. Other than it having a pretty stiff ride, liking it so far.

I am using a Vectrix VX1 Li

My first choice would be a Tesla but for money reasons I will probably go for a Nissan Leaf lol

Just bought a 2002 GEM 2 seater- no manuals guess I will just learn!

1998 GEM Vehicle

Hi, I finally made the jump today and signed on the dotted line for a new Renault Zoe. I should have it in two to three weeks. As I am part exchanging my 3 year old Megane in the deal, we will have to plan our occasional longer trips more than we have done previously. However, as there are very few journeys we do in a year that are longer than 50 - 60 miles, I am confident we will make the transition to an EV without too many issues. We have 4 Kw of polyvoltaic solar cells on our roof, so the car will be charged through that system. Regards all

Has anybody else had a Ford Electric plug in that burned or melted plugs? Mine worked great for 14 months then started melting plugs in my garage and at my office. Ford Corp said it was my wiring, however I had a licensed electrician tell me my wiring was good.

I have a 2005 GEM car E2 I have had it for about 5 years. I love it but beginning to have some issues with batteries I think or it could be the charger. It shows full charge I drive it until two bars go down then the turtle comes on and slows down to about 1/2, speed

Your batteries are worn out.

I found the trouble. A post was almost broke off the battery