What electric vehicle are you currently driving or looking to buy?

Hi, I live in Orkney, Scotland. I am commuting (not regularly) 12 miles in a Lead/DC G-Wiz. I have put about 3K miles since May 2015 (when I got a new set of batteries). I find that it is only 5 to 10 minutes longer than in my other car which is a 1.5D Renault Scenic that my wife mostly uses and we take South for holidays (average about 58mpg). Situated in the middle of an island means I can get anywhere I need to go, as long as I can find any household electrical outlet at the far end for a 1-2 hour charge. The top speed which averages 40mph is maybe a little slow for the other road traffic (few cars) but I help them overtake when I can. Their are about 70 EVs in Orkney mostly Nissan Leafs and the Council are installing a lot of chargers at key sites. So I may look into getting one of these in the future but at the moment having fun in my G-Wiz.

Very interesting Bob. Thanks for the post.

Rodney

I just bought a 2002 Gem E825. Super excited to have it and look forward to finding maintenance tips and possible upgrades.

Take 2 hours and read all the past posts in the GEM sub forum

I donā€™t have an EV car yet but I am interested in getting a TESLA if their still the best EV out there when Iā€™m ready to buy.

i have 2 leafs and switch

I just purchased an '02 GEM e825, 2 seater.
Looking forward to reading through the previous posts to learn as much as I can about this car.
I am very interested in adding a regular golf cart rear seat to the back.

Thanks,
Rob in PA

I am going to buy a 1999 e4 gem car. It is a project , non running. Was told was running and moving. Now it doesnā€™t power on or do anything. If the deal happens , I will be looking for ideas and help. Thanks

Take 2 hours and read ALL posts in the GEM sub forum under Golf Carts and NEN vehicles.

Rodney

Definitely! The model 3 is my new favourite!! :eek:

Nice choice Rachel :wink:

i am driving Honda Insight 2003 right now and looking at the Chevy Bolt coming out next year or the Leaf since I commute about 90 miles daily. If the tesla model 3 comes out with similar price i might go for it. my big problem is charging i cant charge at home and my work doesnt have charging stations yet

Buenos Dias from south of the border where all my ORCA clients have unique golf carts to complement their personalities. Presently the Ford Think is in strong demand with investments to refurbish and keep in service. The Tomberlin continues to be unreliable, no parts available ie; Sepex 1268-5503. The Star electrical is brittle and failing. Western and Lido are based on EZGO PDS with typical weak brake complaints and lots of stripped axle splines from dropping into reverse to stop. The newest Garia is a challenge to support when damagedā€¦

I have a 2005 Gem model el

[quote=Editor;14487]We have new members joining the forum everyday and it would be interesting to get a snapshot of what vehicles you are currently driving and/or considering buying in the future. There are so many different options available today that it is sometimes difficult to know where to start. If we can highlight a couple of the more popular models on this thread, it may give members food for thought.

So, what kind of EV are you currently driving or looking to buy?[/quote]

I drive a 2005 GEM car

[quote=Editor;14487]We have new members joining the forum everyday and it would be interesting to get a snapshot of what vehicles you are currently driving and/or considering buying in the future. There are so many different options available today that it is sometimes difficult to know where to start. If we can highlight a couple of the more popular models on this thread, it may give members food for thought.

So, what kind of EV are you currently driving or looking to buy?[/quote]

trying to find a way to put a picture of my GEM on

Were still trying to figure out how to make it work like other sites. Until then go advanced and click on manage attachments. Cumbersome but works. Best if you resize to 640X480

Sorry Kingdom - we are working on the image issue to try and make it easier. We are going to be upgrading the forum software over the next couple of months to make it more compatible with mobile devices and sort the image issue at the same time.

I have owned a 2005 GEM e4 since new. I changed the motor to a 7-1/2 hp and put on new wheels and tires. Still running on the original Gel batteries, although range is down to 4 to 5 miles. Planning to change to Li batteries soon.

As a newcomer to this site, I am not keenly aware of how to use it appropriately. I drive a 2005 GEM car and would like to share some repair dilemmas and see if others have any answers for me. Is it appropriate to enter it under the ā€œQuoteā€ entry, or another?