What electric vehicle are you currently driving or looking to buy?

I have a 2005 GEM that runs great but began losing power after a short distance. Batteries are DEKA installed in late summer of 2014 and still show full power. Daphne, AL dealer found brake switch bad, fixed. Ride 4 Fun tested controller, good! Auto Elec shop checked motor, and replaced “super charger” from Ride 4 Fun… charges, panel shows full charge… after a mile, same problem… speed reduces until you have to stop, plug in again and in an hour or so, it repeats great performance, for a mile. What’s left. Seem to sense now that as speed diminishes, with accelerator still depressed, motor surges some. Could it be in accelerator??

As I have posted, my 2005 GEM car has had trouble going for a few blocks and then losing speed going slower and slower until no power at all. Had fairly new batteries, tested controller, new super charger, new brake switches,… then finally put onto the idea of the need for a new accelerator and SHA ZAM like a new car, I drove several miles today, and its like a new car. Wish I had started with the accelerator. Pass the word…with similar problems…start there.

A bought a CT&T ezone it is a 2010 like new. After charging the batteries it began to do strange things and then completely stopped running. I have replaced the batteries and have been checking connections, etc. without solving the problem. I read in the owners manual after my charging that the master circuit breaker should be turned off before charging. I bought this car out of town from an individual “as is”. Apparently it is out of production now. Where do I go from here?

HI
I want to conver my Celica I heard the cheapest way is to use parts from Forklift if so who woud know where can I get a used forklift?
Thanks

Hi, I have just bought a G Wiz AC 2007 waiting for it to be delivered

Hi Martin

First of all welcome to the forum - we hope you find it helpful and informative.

It would be great if you could add a new thread to the G Wiz section:-

G-Wiz Forum - Electric Car Forum and Electric Vehicle Community

and let us know how you get on, your early experiences, etc.

Regards,

Mark

Hello All,

I own a 2002 E2 and a 2008 E4. Had the 2002 for 5 years now…great ride! :slight_smile:

I wanna have segway! Once I tried it and I liked it very much! It’s very easy to drive it for me. Does anyone have it too?

Hi everyone! Two weeks ago I was in Barcelona with my family and we taked segway tour here .It was so interesting for us so i want to buy segway for rest with friends. I have big house out the city and I think it would be useful and funny. Where can I buy it?

2007 Gem e2, heater, golf links, trunk solid door and 2yr. old Gem/Gel batteries. Purchased in Feb.'16 with 1750 miles on it. Cost of $4250. Plus $1100. shipping from Phoenix to Washington State. Now fully licensed as NEV, Great for area with 4 golf courses. We sold our 2nd. car so perfect for retirement run around.:thumb::thumb:

You did good Pilgrim… By making a wise and very prudent decision in buying a newer post 2004 model. They have much better steering, brakes, front/rear suspension, front battery plug in and about another dozen improvements over the early generation models.

Your purchase price was very good considering it has the door soption, golf links, lower mileage and newer gel batteries. You’ll just have to stuff some foam around the door gaps to stop all that Washington rain from coming in the cabin. :lol:

f

[quote=Rascal;31517]You did good Pilgrim… By making a wise and very prudent decision in buying a newer post 2004 model. They have much better steering, brakes, front/rear suspension, front battery plug in and about another dozen improvements over the early generation models.

Your purchase price was very good considering it has the door soption, golf links, lower mileage and newer gel batteries. You’ll just have to stuff some foam around the door gaps to stop all that Washington rain from coming in the cabin. :lol:

f[/quote]

Gem doors as well as Washington rain history just gets bad press. Adjusting doors plus living in Eastern part of the State where rainfall is only about 11/12 inches per year solves the problem. 2007 through 2014 Gems appear to have all the bugs worked out. I looked at the 2016 and must say Polaris really fouled up the Gem. It is just a modified ATV now and way over priced with any add-ons at all. I run my Gem “stock” as increased speed would be like taking 5 one-a-day vitamins—who needs it. The only negative is. when parked anywhere, having to explain to everyone what the Gem is with all the details then having to turn down offers from buyers!!! There are only 2 or 3 Gems in our whole area.:thumb::thumb:

I agree… The 2016 model really sucks. Polaris really screwed up with that new design. On the bright side…, It makes all our 2005 - 2015 models worth more resale wise! Yeah, It really doesn’t rain in Washington state and no humidity also?. You’ll get used to the Lookie Lou’s admiring your car… Always take the keys with you.

A Gem dealer in Lake Havasue had a 2015 e2 with Trunk as only add-on that he wanted $12k for (about $3.5k over book). I was trying to deal with him until I found my '07. I was offered a 2014 Yamaha Drive and $2.5K for mine a couple of weeks ago. This is the only Toy The family will let me play with now. Had to sell my Beachcraft Bonanza when I flunked the flight medical, then my Aspencade cycle after a small stroke. At 85 I am still winning a little $$ from those kids I play golf with plus I now have the fastest cart on the course!! :thumb::thumb:

Right now, I think I want a Gem E4. Looking for a 2008+. Live in Southbay of Los Angeles. Thanks for running the forum.

I know that feeling here in Del Tura C. C. in Florida…Its fun beating those whipper snappers in their Club Cars that they’ve spent thousands to install larger motors and bigger controllers to end up with a top speed of only 22 mph and as slow as a turtle off the line… Dumb ass’s

I’m looking for Tesla’s electric vehicle

Awesome! :smiley:

I am looking at a 2000 GEM. I don’t know what recalls have been done. it is in very good physical condition with the Golf carrier pack. I also don’t know the hours or mileage yet. The asking price is 2100. Is this a good value, should I be aware of any potential issues?

It’s an OK price if it’s in good condition. It’s 17 years old and the same criteria applies that you would apply to a used car of that age.

In my area the dealer service charge is $100 an hour. The “Service at your house” people charge $45 an hour with an $85 trip charge.

If your handy a GEM is a GREAT ride. If your not handy it’s not so much.

Rodney