Dont have EV yet

hi
i have been driving Honda Insight hybrid for 5 years. its a lot of fun. my daily commute is about 90 miles. i dont have place to plug in my car at home as I park on street and my work has not installed charging stations yet . there is only one potential charging station on my route. i hope there will be more and better I can charge at home. i am holding back for now from purchasing new EV and keeping my hybrid

I was very satisfied. Go to work and go home and charger plug

Hi Husamia

First of all welcome to the forum - we hope you find it very informative.

I would be interested to know what type of EV you have your eye on and what has prompted you to change from a hybrid. It sounds like you have a growing confidence in EV technology and are waiting for the recharging network to catch up?

Regards,

Mark

[quote=EvForum;30127]Hi Husamia

First of all welcome to the forum - we hope you find it very informative.

I would be interested to know what type of EV you have your eye on and what has prompted you to change from a hybrid. It sounds like you have a growing confidence in EV technology and are waiting for the recharging network to catch up?

Regards,

Mark[/quote]

Thanks Mark! I have been looking at the Nissan Leaf but the range is not good I want at least 200 miles per charge. The only two I have my eyes on right now is the anticipated Chevy Bolt and the Tesla model 3. I don’t see anything else right now, is there 200+ I didn’t know about? I will my my hybrid, its served me well in past 5 years. I wonder what kind of maintanance the EV people do? can they only be fixed at dealer? this kind of stinks since dealers usually charge too much for any kind of service.