Hello, Electric Forum

Just wanted to introduce myself. I am new to the EV community. Just leased a 2013 Honda Fit EV on July 11th and just passed my first 1,000 miles with this car.
Around Albany, NY, I haven’t yet seen another Honda Fit EV in the area. As my daughter and son-in-law are moving upstate from NYC and require a second car, looking at the Nissan Leaf (they like my Fit EV, but can’t get one due to limited availability).
We really love the EV so far. My wife and I decide each day who will drive the most miles (under 100 miles) and that person takes the EV. With unlimited mileage and low fuel cost, we figured that would be our least expensive alternative while extending the life of our ICE Hyundai Elantra.
I find myself driving much more conservatively in the EV, using the Econ option with regen braking. This has extended our range to 114 miles, according to the dashboard, with some interstate driving.
Love that Honda provides a free Leviton 240v home charging station, free collision and comprehensive insurance, free maintenance, roadside assistance, and full warranty for the term of the 3-year lease (only option; cannot purchase). At 259/mo. and no down payment, we think this is a great deal!
At the end of our lease, we will be looking at another EV. Not sure what will be available at that time, but keeping our eye on the mass market Tesla.

Hi Jimmc418

First of all, welcome to the forum :slight_smile:

You obviously have a good knowledge of the EV market and I am sure that our forum members would love to hear your feedback.

Regards,

Mark