What electric vehicle are you currently driving or looking to buy?

We have new members joining the forum everyday and it would be interesting to get a snapshot of what vehicles you are currently driving and/or considering buying in the future. There are so many different options available today that it is sometimes difficult to know where to start. If we can highlight a couple of the more popular models on this thread, it may give members food for thought.

So, what kind of EV are you currently driving or looking to buy?

I am currently doing the bulk of my driving with a 2013 leaf and using my 2012 insight for longer range trips.

You have got me thinking, do you think we will see a growing trend for two-car families, one electric car for relatively short journeys and a traditional gasoline/petrol car for longer trips?

I think so, at least untill the range of E.V.'s and availability of public chargers increases. I have a longer than average daily commute and it’s working very well for me.

I bought a 2000 Gem nev 2 seater, looking to enhance the performance and have some fun

Hi Soccerrhyno

What kind of performance enhancements have you got in mind? :slight_smile:

I currently drive a 2005 Honda Element but I would love to upgrade to a Volt in the near future. I have done extensive research on these vehicles and it seems like the perfect choice. Any feedback?

Mia Electric, bought it because I liked the look of it.

i have toyota Prius. Car is very comfortable and i have very good experience with it. but Now a days i am thinking to shift on Honda Civic Hybrid one. what do you say about that car.

Tesla is my favorite electric car…:slight_smile:

Hi Servicecenter

Good choice! Tesla is leading the market at the moment.

Regards,

Mark

Currently very interested in the developing company (and car) Elio! While not at the moment electric, its main focus is effeciancy! That and cost, I think it could make a fun EV-convergence project!

I am currently driving a Nissan LEAF, but I have had the pleasure of test driving a Tesla S 2 weeks ago. I have to say the Tesla is my dream car:)

I am driving a 2012 plug-in prius I think it is a grate car but think I bought the wrong car for my application.

i am looking to buy a BMW e90 2012

I will definitely save up for the over-glorified Tesla Roadster but since that looks so impossible with my income today, I will settle for a Nissan Leaf. I have heard a lot of great stories about it and very minimal and fixable problems on how it works. It has been my dream electric vehicle ever since I got so hooked to it.

I have just leased a 2013 smart “PURE CP” (that’s the model information on the lease document). I’ve had it for 3 days now. So far so good! It’s a blast to drive. Of course, living in semi-rural New Hampshire this could not possibly be our only car. We also have 3 Prii. The smart will be for trips into Manchester or Nashua, or errands around town, or to drive to the gym or the shooting range. That sort of thing. It has a claimed range of 80 miles, but I think under good conditions it will do better. I doubt we will ever drive it nearly that far between charges.

Hi everyone, I have a 2009 Gem car that I purchased about a year and half ago…

Here we have the option to buy electric cars as electric cars run with electricity and have the battery back up off around 8 hours.
once you charge it, it can easily run a distance off 180 kilomeater.
some companies that design electric cars are Mahindra pvt india limited. etc

[quote=Editor;14487]We have new members joining the forum everyday and it would be interesting to get a snapshot of what vehicles you are currently driving and/or considering buying in the future. There are so many different options available today that it is sometimes difficult to know where to start. If we can highlight a couple of the more popular models on this thread, it may give members food for thought.

So, what kind of EV are you currently driving or looking to buy?[/quote]
I bought a 2013 e4, and 3 days later bought a2009 e4 with all of the options I was looking for, hard doors, stake bed on the rear, and tilt wheel. I have ordered an upgraded charger, 14’ tires and wheels, and a 7.5 motor. I want it to go faster, the dogs in my neighborhood can out run me now.