Unique electric car

Hi,
The EVette is a very unique electric car that clearly breaks the mold. You can see a video of it on electricevette.com. This car has been on local TV, radio, newspapers, Popular Science mag., Green Car Journal, and also been interviewed on EVWorld. The Press loves this car, it does things no other car can do. I think it would make a good story for PBS.
Tom Sines:D
electricevette.com

Hi,
Conventional electric cars are way to heavy, they don`t carry enough batteries, and steering them requires several hunderd pounds of apparatis, steering wheel, front wheels, suspension, etc. electronic steering (drive by wire) is the way to go. Save all that weight, add batteries instead. Think about it.
Electric EVette

Hi, Maneuverability in tight places is not a good thing for the conventional car. To make a u-turn on a two lane street, you will have to make a 3 point turn. The electric EVette can do it with one easy move in just a few seconds, and save energy too. No doubt you have heard people say my car turns of a dime, well a conventional car really can`t turn on a dime, its not possible, however, the electric EVette can easily turn on a dime as many times as you want.
As for parking, well to park a conventional car can be a real pain in the neck, of course the electric EVette can be parked very easily. The electric EVette can be seen on youtube at electric EVette. I happen to be a great fan of Henry Ford and I even have his picture in my kitchen for inspiration. He changed the world from the horse and buggy to the automobile and now it may be time for the world to change.
electricevette.com

Hi, Joystick steering is the way to go. Steering wheels are so primitive, and they just get in the way. Electronic steering(drive by wire) a lot easier, and its fun.
Electric EVette

Hi,
Maneuverability in tight places is not a good thing for the conventional car, to make a u-turn on a two lane street you will have to make a 3 point turn. The electric EVette can do it with one easy move in just a few seconds, and save energy to. Not doubt you have heard people say my car turns of a dime, well a conventional car really can`t turn on a dime, its not possible, however the electric EVette can easily turn on a dime as many times as you want. As for parking, well to park a conventional car can be a real pain in the neck, of course the electric EVette can be parked very easily. The electric EVette can be seen on youbube at electric EVette. I happen to be a great fan of Henry Ford, I even have his picture in my kitchen for inspiration, he changed the world from the horse and buggy to the automobile, now it may be time for the world to change again.
Tom Sines

Hi, When it comes to batteries, yes, better batteries make a difference, however, the elephant in the room that nobody wants to address the weight of the vehicle itā€™s going in, big problem! Batteries automatically do better with lighter weight vehicles! Instead of making batteries fit these heavyweight dinasour gas vehicle conversions, how about making a ground up lightweight vehicle to fit the batteries? Then no matter what battery you use, youā€™ll get more out of them!! That was our plan when we made our electricevette prototype. We need to think outside the box and stop blaming the batteries.
Tom Sines
Electric EVette

Hi, The conventional car has been around for about a 100 years. People should keep an open mind to different possibilitys for transportation. The electric EVette is such a car. Here is a short list of its features. First- electronic steering(drive by wire) Second- large battery capacity(500lbs up to 2,000lbs of batteries) Third- highy maneuverable(easily out maneuvers a conventional car) Fourth- computer freindly( can be driven autonomous), and its fun to drive.
Tom Sines

Hi, Gas will be $4 again soon. What will people do?:frowning:

[QUOTE=unique electric car;9308]Hi, Gas will be $4 again soon. What will people do?:([/QUOTE]
I hear that! Even here in Asia the gas is getting higher all the time. We gave up on cars and now use a 155cc motorcycle. Fun kinda and sure saves the gas;).

Gene

Hi, As the world gets hot, we use the AC more. Whats wrong with this picture?
Tom Sines :mad:
http://electricevette.com

Hi Gene, Are there a lot of electric cars there?
Tom Sines
Electric EVette

[QUOTE=unique electric car;9315]Hi Gene, Are there a lot of electric cars there?
Tom Sines
Electric EVette[/QUOTE]
Hi Tom,

I suppose there could be a few but I have never seen any at all. I did however see one electric motor cycle not long ago. A scooter really.
Hard part here would be to get replacement parts and even more difficult would be to find anyone qualified to do repair work.
The Philippines is about 100 years behind the rest of the world in all aspects of life.

Gene

Hi Gene, Are you interested in electric motorcycles?
Tom Sines
Electric EVette

[QUOTE=unique electric car;9321]Hi Gene, Are you interested in electric motorcycles?
Tom Sines
Electric EVette[/QUOTE]
Hi tom,

Not really as the area where we are would have no one that is or would be qualified to work on them. Parts would also have to be shipped in as well. Just not practical in a place as primitive as this.

Gene

Hi Gene, I see your problem. Do you have any mechanical or electrical skills?
Tom Sines
Electric EVette

I think for now we should concentrate on building a basic electric car WITHOUT all the stuff added on new cars today.
That leaves us with 4 wheels, front wheel drive and steering, electric motor, 6 volt batteries - 16 or so, a 2 seater with fully ventilated and isolated cabin,
The purpose of a car like this is for driving to work and local every day shopping, in mild climate.
The GEM comes close to it - somewhat.
Harold

[QUOTE=unique electric car;9324]Hi Gene, I see your problem. Do you have any mechanical or electrical skills?
Tom Sines
Electric EVette[/QUOTE]
Hi Tom

Beyond changing the oil and spark plugsā€“none at all really:(.
I can take anything apart-but thats where my talent would end:p.

Gene

Hi Gene, I guess, putting your own electric conversion together is out fo the question. What is your occupation?
Tom Sines
Electric EVette

[QUOTE=unique electric car;9335]Hi Gene, I guess, putting your own electric conversion together is out fo the question. What is your occupation?
Tom Sines
Electric EVette[/QUOTE]
Hi Tom,

I spent years working passenger service for the airlines in Los Angeles. Now retired and playing Mr. Mom----again.

Gene

Hi Gene, Do you have any plans to get an electric car in the future ?
http"//electricevette.com