Think Service Manual

Manual sent >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Thanks ok,
OK that’s understandable see the pictures I have 75 V going into the motor controller but when I step on the pedal it drops down to zero

Now check it at the contactor on both big cables and see what it does stepping on the pedal. If voltage is good going in but drops to zero on the cable coming out and the contactor doesn’t disengage than the contactor is your problem

Use battery #1 negative for your ground.

Is this what you are calling the contactor? its Zero then when I step on the pedal goes up to the 76 V and clicks twice

Yes that’s the contactor. Leave voltmeter ground on #1 battery and go back to the controller and put positive lead on the controller. If voltage is good when stepping on pedal than you have a ground problem.

So to clarify, when I step on the pedal, the voltage to the motor control, should accelerate Up to 72-76 volts ie full power/ ? and as you let your foot off the pedal then drop bak down to 0 ?

No, the power going into the controller should be close to battery pack voltage with or without your foot on the pedal when the contactor is engaged. You were losing voltage or ground to the controller when stepping on the pedal, so you need to figure out which one.

Ok progress!! It was the relay, got a new one and now it works sort of, drivers forward fine, but no reverse? buzzer comes on like your backing up, but no reverse I here a click when I step on the pedal then the cluster goes dead, But only when trying to reverse. any ideas?

Does the contactor engage, or does it disengage when putting it into reverse? Check for codes.

strangely enough this morning now it all works fine - Thanks, David!

Good morning David i just ran across a ford think and i have read that you are the person to reach out to sounds like you have the service manuals any way i could bother you to send me one mkeffel@papemh.com. would greatly appreciate it

Manual sent >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Good evening David. Can I get a copy of the service manual please.
tac3@optonline.net
Thanks

Email sent >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Hello David, I am also a new Ford Think Neighbor owner. I’m excited to get it on the road. My brake pedal is locked and does not push in? I am not sure what is the cause. Would you mind sending me the service manual so i can diagnose the braking system.

It would be grately appreciated.

Email-
arnoldb11@comcast.net

Manual sent. I have never run into that. The master cylinder maybe seized. Aftermarket ones are cheap. If it’s you should probably check the wheel cylinders and brake shoe slides.

David can I impose on you for a shop manual set as well?

I am now the owner of my 2nd Think (not realizing how frankensteined my first one was) and desperately in need of technical help!

my email is jeff@januscoastal.com

Manual sent >>>>>>>>>>>>>

Hi David I recently acquired a 2002 Ford Think Neighbor and am in need of a Service Manual. Can you help me out with that please?
Thank you in advance,
Bob Yamello

my email is : mod73carb@hotmail.com