Magic Magnet review thread "price increase"

Is the MM compatible with a D&D motor?

Yes, unless it has the 1/2 count magnet already. Does your speedometer read correctly?

It does read correct

Then MM will work fine.

Ford Think mm harness in the works.

Here are some pics of the connector for the Ford Think.

Thank you.
I’ll send you the first think mm to test, when my parts come in.
If you don’t want to wait., it only requires cutting the red, blk, and green wires.
I have an aversion to rhino-gating factory wiring.:wink:

MVC-001F

Think harness.

1 Like

@Inwo, I know someone with a new Ford Think and he’s the type who would want to go faster. Let me know when you get it ready for sale and I’ll point him to you.

The standard mm will work, but needs to be hardwired.
The plugs I have seem correct, but don’t fit well.

David: Thinking about upgrading to my 2005 e2 with RFF 7.5 motor to a new GEM 2019 e2 w/ 6.5kW motor. In becoming spoiled for 35MPH performance over all these years, I will only consider the new purchase knowing I can at least match that performance.
In looking for options, I noted your MM solution for DC motors. Any time frame on offering one for the new AC one?
Alternatively, I’d consider the RFF speed kit - but not sure about the noise issue requiring a rubber isolation pads. Any input?
Thanks, Greg

Sorry, I keep taking on new projects. The new MM for ac motors is pie in the sky for now.

Where can I get Magic Magnet for my 2002 Gem E4

Send $125 with a note to.

https://paypal.me/INWO?locale.x=en_US

OK I sent you the money through PayPal .
What else can I do to make my 2002 Gem fast then
25 mph. Without buying a motor I would like my speed controller flashed where can I do that . I bought brand new batteries for the Gem .

Reprogramming the controller won’t really get you any additional speed that the Magic Magnet couldn’t. It can change your motor performance profile a bit, like acceleration lag, etc.

Your best bet for additional speed without buying a new motor is to add a 7th battery to bring the GEM up to 84 volts. With the stock motor, you should be able to hit low 30’s. I have hit 39-40 with the 7.5hp R4F motor on stock R12 tires and two of us in the vehicle (I have since set the governor at 35 though because that’s 6k rpm on the motor)

Rodney does it with a lead battery:

I did it with a custom lithium pack from @Inwo

We both achieve the same end, more speed and more range. We’re just wired up differently. Rodney’s costs a lot less, mine has a lot more convenience to it. If you are thinking about it, I can go into more detail.

Is there a diagram on how to reconnect the seventh battery .

The way Dave and I did it, yes. It’s in my thread.

Rodney’s way, I haven’t seen one, but I think he’s just literally hooking up an extra battery in series with the ones under the seat.

Either way works. The extra voltage needs to be considered if it’s in series all the time.

jrjava

For your information T1 and T2 controllers can be easily programmed for higher performance and speed. They dont need Magic Magnets. The T2 is my favorite controller and can be beefed uo to 500 amps.