Magic Magnet review thread "price increase"

Not to hijack the thread, but how would you beef up a T2 to 500amps? Ive never heard of this before.

FSIP will upgrade to 500 amps

In a message dated 8/7/2019 4:44:26 PM Eastern Standard Time, electricforum@discoursemail.com writes:

1 Like

Rodney,

I think maybe we are saying the same thing, just with different terms and words?

@diymatt was trying to put together a spreadsheet with the various controller settings and tweaks for performance because there doesn’t seem to be any kind of a list / map out there. All we seem to be able to find is bits and pieces scattered around. I have a spare controller that just came back from R4F, but I haven’t hooked it up yet. Is there a list somewhere with recommended settings for various useage patterns out there?

I Installed magic magnet increase by 2 Mph.
24 mph to 26mph . If I do the controller will I increase my speed ?

@lnwo Hi Dave, I finally got around to installing my magic magnet on my 02 GEM. On my GPS, the speed still seems to top out at 24/25mph. Any ideas? Thanks.

Ian

If MM is working correctly speedometer shows 16mph at 25mph.
Increased speed is available from 16-25.
If Gem will go no faster, it needs taller gears, higher voltage, of field weakening.
@Old_Houseboater knows all about the older cars. My guess it’s a battery deficiency not allowing another 5mph.

Thanks, yes speedometer is showing 16mph. Batteries are 3-month old Trojan 1275s, so hopefully not the issue. @Old_Houseboater, if you have any thoughts I’d love to hear them. Thanks.

Adding a Magic Magic magnet enables the car to utilize the bit of reserve power that is built in to the basic program. Usually 3 to 4 MPH. To gain additional performance the controller has to be reprogrammed.

In a message dated 9/14/2019 8:06:38 PM Eastern Standard Time, electricforum@discoursemail.com writes:

Anybody interested in buying mine? I bought it this past July and only used it for like 3 days. Paid $125. Nothing wrong with it, just sold GEM. Will take $100 shipped to anywhere in lower 48!

Wait a week or two. If it doesn’t sell I’ll take it back.
I don’t list them on Ebay anymore per an agreement. It would sell quick.

Deal. Thank you Inwo!

I’ll take it for $100. Can always get another gem if need be.

I sent you a PM. Thanks Hbbill!

Hi, Im interested in the magic magnet for my gem cart.

Welcome, pleased that you found this forum.
Send $125 with a note.

If any interest, I have 2pcs MM fixed at 1+3. The normal setting for reading speed 0-40.
$100 each

Whats the difference between the one of $125 and the $100 pieces? Please explain it. Thanks

The mm can be adjusted with dip switches to correct speedometer. It is normally set to 1+3.
A couple of them have the switches locked into the standard setting. Rather than replace the switches, I discounted them.

I have just purchased my first Gem. 2007-EL XD-5hp-T-4 controller. Anyone selling Magic Magnets? Thanks

Send $125 with a note to barbjb@acegroup.cc.