84 Volt 2 Seater

A few weeks ago I stated that I intended to add a 7th battery to my 2002 two seater.

This is the result. Three/four miles of extra range. Lots of acceleration. 42 MPH but limited to 38. The last 4 MPH EATS!!! range, True 22 miles range on turf mode flat ground.@ about 30 MPH

TECHNICAL

2002 2 seater 8.9 gearbox 21" diameter fat tires on 10 inch rims (205 65 10) 7.5 RFF Black Motor (My Mods) INWO Spoof. (I asked INWO to make me a modified Spoof to allow 2 more volts thru to better balance controller usage algorithm) I have the program set to 1 instead of 3 at present but it still alarms too soon. 31MDC batteries from O’Rilleys (trolling motor/sweeper batteries 105 AH.

I charge 6 with the Zivan 7th with a cheapo. The Zivan will charge 7 batteries to 85/90%

Total cost $115

Rodney

2 Likes

That’s nice, where did you put the 7th battery? That is a cheap upgrade from someone that want’s a little extra speed. Are you using an MM from David as well?

Battery is in the trunk. T2 controller Magic Magnet is not required.

In a message dated 2/20/2019 9:30:22 AM US Eastern Standard Time, electricforum@discoursemail.com writes:

MikeKC
February 20
That’s nice, where did you put the 7th battery? That is a cheap upgrade from someone that want’s a little extra speed. Are you using an MM from David as well?

Rodney, I am not following you on the spoof stuff. Is that required to add the extra battery? I would like to add the range, not the speed but didn’t know how to do it.
Rudy

Spoof is required. INWO (Dave Bissen) from this Forum Makes them

In a message dated 2/20/2019 7:13:09 PM US Eastern Standard Time, electricforum@discoursemail.com writes:

inspectorudy Active Members
February 21
Rodney, I am not following you on the spoof stuff. Is that required to add the extra battery? I would like to add the range, not the speed but didn’t know how to do it.
Rudy

@Old_Houseboater measure your spoof so I can send a corrected one. I don’t remember what you have.
Seems that 12v would be perfect.

two questions:

1. I’m assuming this is a pre-set program in the controller? If so, which controller is in your vehicle?
  2. Still getting alarms?

Third question not related to the programming:
3) think this is doable with the sock 5hp motor and 10.35 gears (I think the '02 longbed had 10.35 gears - I have to verify - I could have it backwards).

Running the same battery as you, but from NAPA auto (#8231) as the O’Reilly batteries out here are Interstate made in Mexico w/ sub-par quality lead. NAPA still has the Dekkas.

Not looking for 42 mph, hell, I’d be happy with 32. 35 I’d be ecstatic.

Thanks

I think that #1 is Ok for now i installed a volt meter so it doesnt really matter.

In a message dated 5/22/2019 3:49:00 PM Eastern Standard Time, electricforum@discoursemail.com writes: