Lithium Conversion

Hi Micheal

I’m looking to buy a 25s lithium system from Dave to put into my gem. I’m hoping to using the original charger without a BMS. Dave said that is what you are currently using. Any thoughts on using the stock charger with the lithium batteries? Do you have any other battery modifications (shunt balancer, etc.) that you’d suggest/not suggest?

Thanks for your time and help!

Tyler

Michael just told me the gel setting works perfectly with 25s life. He’s in the middle of a charger project this morning.

···

Sent: Saturday, March 09, 2019 8:42 AM

To: barbjb@acegroup.cc

Subject: [Electric Forum] [PM] Lithium Conversion

Roolax Junior Member
March 9
Hi Micheal

I’m looking to buy a 25s lithium system from Dave to put into my gem. I’m hoping to using the original charger without a BMS. Dave said that is what you are currently using. Any thoughts on using the stock charger with the lithium batteries? Do you have any other battery modifications (shunt balancer, etc.) that you’d suggest/not suggest?

Thanks for your time and help!

Tyler

Visit Message or reply to this email to respond to Inwo, kinghappy, Roolax.

To unsubscribe from these emails, click here.

My 2014 gem set on gel, charges my 25s lithium pack perfectly to 85.5 volts
At this point I am not using a BMS or a shunt balancer. But in monitoring the cells to see if they’re needed

Awesome. Thanks for the info. I’m going to give that setup a try too so if you have any additional pointers I’d appreciate it. Cheers!

Hi Michael

I’m curious, what kind of range are you getting on your 25s setup?

He reports >20miles.
If it was me, I would try to squeeze in two sets.

20 should be perfect. I use it as a golf cart and only NEED about 15 miles. Ideally, I’d like more than 20 miles but that should do the trick…at least to start with.

Hi Dave

I just found out I’m coming to the cities this weekend for the Final Four. Was gonna check with you to see if you had a pack ready to go? If so, can I pick it up Monday morning?

Tyler

5 x 5s modules?

Hey, I just thought of something. How would you like a once in a lifetime chance to get a Chevy Bolt pack with out shipping cost? They are tough to ship.
A lot more money, but 12kwh. 50-75 mile pack. $2500
Ask Grant about them.
I’ve been looking for on the last 6 months and finally have one coming in.
Plan was to leave it on the shelf until I get my LIFEPO4 sold, but I need to break it down for Grant and Michael.
This was my first one.

bolt%20back%20board MVC-012F MVC-011F

Let me think about the Bolt pack. I’m assuming that will fit under the seat just fine?

Will it require a BMS? Or any other special equipment?

Grant claims that it’s the easiest install he’s done. Yes, it requires a bms.
Hope he chimes in…

It’s a easy install. The Prep is what’s difficult

Well this be the third time for me ?

You just missed it. Grant got the last one. :slight_smile:

Not again . Maybe someday

Call him, he wants to rub it in…

Bolt isn’t here. They sent the wrong part.

···

Sent: Wednesday, April 03, 2019 11:41 AM

To: barbjb@acegroup.cc

Subject: [Electric Forum] [PM] Lithium Conversion

Roolax Junior Member
April 3
Hi Dave

I just found out I’m coming to the cities this weekend for the Final Four. Was gonna check with you to see if you had a pack ready to go? If so, can I pick it up Monday morning?

Tyler

In Reply To

Inwo

March 13

He reports >20miles. If it was me, I would try to squeeze in two sets.

To unsubscribe from these emails, click here.

Ok, no worries. I was leaning toward the 25s pack. That extra mileage from the bolt would be nice but it’s a luxury I don’t absolutely need.

Do you have a 25s that is ready to go?