AGM battery

Feeling well enough to tackle my delta-q again.
Found reference to my 32 installed alg.

Very interesting…
My best bet may be adding an agm charger, and leaving things the way they are.
Can I add alg’s with the programmer?
Looks like NOT!!!

The GEM chargers have a customized algorithm and software package designed especially for GEM Cars, you will notice the algorithm package does not contain any settings for AGM batteries in the charger as GEM chooses not to support their use in their vehicles. In contrast to the majority of our product range, the GEM specific QuiQ’s cannot have additional algorithms loaded into them.

13 GEM Trojan dv/dt

14 GEM DEKA 8G31 gel dv/dt

15 GEM DEKA 8G31 gel recovery

24 GEM DEKA high capacity gel dv/dt

25 GEM DEKA high capacity gel recovery

32 DEKA EV31 dv/dt

Now I’m getting someplace.:slight_smile:
Gem chargers have a different fault table.

1 blink is temperature, not high voltage.:wink:

I have never seen so much bad information as Gem manual and Delta_Q manual. :mad::mad:

I’m an electronic guy and it’s taken me a week to sort this out.

I should sell the information I’ve learned.:smiley:

Trouble tree plainly states to disconnect temperature sensor to test for charger function.

I also jumpered in case manual mis-stated. No go!

Then after finding a DQ with built in inverter on DQ site, I see 10k NTC listed as a necessary accessory.

1 blink[B] IS[/B] temp. fault in my model.

Connect 10k in place of thermistor and I’m charging.:clap2::clap2::clap2:

Now if Rodney will tell me the down side of alg. 32 (32=DEKA EV31 dv/dt) with agms I’ll be golden.

I have been trying to change to a agm algo on my 2011 gem 2. Tried several different ways. Got info from Delta Q tapping positive wire to change algo don’t feel comfortable doing that.Guess I will have to think programing with computer. But I am not computer friendly:mad:. Got 14 on algo may have to stay with Deka 8g31.:slight_smile:

Quote from D-Q
The GEM chargers have a customized algorithm and software package designed especially for GEM Cars, you will notice the algorithm package does not contain any settings for AGM batteries in the charger as GEM chooses not to support their use in their vehicles. In contrast to the majority of our product range, the GEM specific QuiQ’s cannot have additional algorithms loaded into them.

Yes I bought a new gem in 2013 dealer installed agm batteries but left algo to gel now 2 years later I am having battery problems I was hoping some way of changing to agm algo guess dealer done me wrong.

Saved enough money to buy a programmer.
Only way I’ll know if I can dump a new alg. in my Gem charger.
If I can’t, I’ll resell it or lend it out.

Might be able to hack it.:slight_smile:

ps.
Done deal
$185 delivered next week.

Use the Flooded setting with the AGM. This is new information with me.Gel setting under charges them. I posted an article awhile back from a battery manufacturer that stated use any program that does NOT have the word Gel in it, (Vmax Batteries)

More info.

Serial numbers starting with DQCP are not programmable. Serial numbers starting with DQCT, DQCR, DQCM and all DQDx are all programmable.

What is Algorithm 32? I cant find any info on it. I hate Delta Q’s

[quote=OLD HOUSEBOATER;28063]

What is Algorithm 32? I cant find any info on it. I hate Delta Q’s[/quote]

See post #1
32 DEKA EV31 dv/dt

I don’t know what that means!:confused:

Crap, here’s a cheaper programmer…
Delta-Q QuiQ-DCI On-Board 48V Battery Charger & DC/DC Converter 922-4854

This article seems to support charging AGM on flooded setting.

Fast charging of sealed lead acid batteries, SLA, VRLA batteries can be charged fast.

See available settings in post one.

I’ll try changing tomorrow.

Will #32 be ok?

Deka 31 is AGM batteries. You should be good to go. Where did you find that info?

http://federalbatteries.com.au/SPECIAL-PURPOSE/ELECTRIC-VEHICLES/

No DV…

Deka 8A31DT 105 hour 12 volt AGM battery

Hmmm, it does for me. I wasn’t logged in or anything.

home:
Deka Batteries

special battery
EV batteries

Then I’m golden.

Should I monitor voltage?

Don’t you have to sleep sometime?

Now that I can set my fuel gauge. What voltage would I set to 1/2 full?

I set it to 90% @ 78.1 to start.
Think that’s too high.

Times 6

https://www.google.com/search?q=batteries+voltage+state+of+charge+chart+agm&biw=1424&bih=666&tbm=isch&tbo=u&source=univ&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwiFv5TQmLXJAhVMMSYKHX5NAocQsAQIGw&dpr=0.83#imgrc=dtoeCqfPSWqHdM%3A

Values added…