Gem Charger Information

Modified on: Mon, 15 Jun, 2015 at 4:50 PM

The GEM chargers have a customized algorithm and software package designed especially for GEM Cars, you will notice the algorithm package does not contain any settings for AGM batteries in the charger as GEM chooses not to support their use in their vehicles. In contrast to the majority of our product range, the GEM specific QuiQ’s cannot have additional algorithms loaded into them.

If you use AGM’s you need to use the flooded profile

More info here

http://support.delta-q.com/support/solutions/articles/5000636097-algorithms-for-gem-car-charger

What is the flooded profile 13 or 32 ?

32 is for Deka EV31
Google can’t find them…

13 is for GEM Trojan. Flooded?

[quote=OLD HOUSEBOATER;33647]Modified on: Mon, 15 Jun, 2015 at 4:50 PM

The GEM chargers have a customized algorithm and software package designed especially for GEM Cars, you will notice the algorithm package does not contain any settings for AGM batteries in the charger as GEM chooses not to support their use in their vehicles. In contrast to the majority of our product range, the GEM specific QuiQ’s cannot have additional algorithms loaded into them.

If you use AGM’s you need to use the flooded profile

More info here

Algorithms for GEM car charger : Delta-Q Technologies Support Services[/quote]

Here is what I found by trial and error. You are correct. :slight_smile:

New profiles CAN be written to Gem chargers. They will NOT work.
That’s pretty sneaky of them.
The fix is to install new firmware. Which I don’t have !
After charger is flashed it will be an ordinary DQ that will accept and charge Wet, Gel, AGM, or Lithium.

We - meaning me and a lot of the guys have had our problems programming DeltaQ chargers,

The KEY element is to get the charger into programming mode.

The trick is to give a bit less than a one second touch when the charger is flashing the current algorithm during the 11 second time period after plugging the charger in, 1 full second is too long - 1/2 second is too short.

You have entered the programming mode when the charger continues to flash the current algorithm past the 11 second window. If you red out, start over.

You can then do the 3 second contact bit, advancing the algorithm until you get to where you want to be, Then hold the contact until the charger clicks (10 seconds) and your done.

I made up a dongle with a momentary push button 5 feet of wire and a couple of alligator clips for programming. I find i’m more successful with this than trying to do the touch the post bit. Works good when I’m laying on my back doing a late model.

I have a charger that I can’t get into prog. mode with a 3 sec press. I’ll try the <1sec press.
3sec worked on newer model.

This is the only method that works for me.

Haven’t got back to it.