2017 Project Car

Sorry about your frustrations. Having a similar experience years back in unsuccessfully converting to a Li-ion system, I completely understand your anguish.

I appreciate all your efforts that may result to my benefit as well. Please PM your Paypal/Venmo detail and I will remit $100 to help with that pit. [Maybe others tending to benefit might also consider helping pay-it-forward?]

Thanks for all your hard work towards making the GEM more “road practical”.

Greg

Thank you, it will help with some of my recent set backs.

Well, I was no help last night, waiting for parts again before I can move forward (literally).
Soon, Soon I say…

May be a make or break test. If z-dcf doesn’t work as well for you as it does for me, back to the drawing board.

1 Like

So with Dave’s help I was able to get my hands on a Delta Q programmer. My stock DeltaQ has the stock 48v Charge profile in it. I need to change charge profiles to a higher finish voltage so that I can fully test my new battery pack. The stock 48v charge profile will only charge my battery to 3.7v per cell and that’s not enough voltage in my opinion for me to do any distance testing. (Typically When my voltage hits 3.7v per cell I’m headed home NOT starting my trip :slight_smile: I’m not running a BMS yett so with a low charge on my batt and no real accurate way of keeping a eye on my voltage my testing has been limited. I will load the new charge profiles this weekend (fingers crossed) the stock charger gets after it and does what we hope it will do and I hope I dont loose any dash battery display or functions or error code’s

Ok Got the Delta Q programer (check)
Got the New Charge Programs (check)
Installed the Firmware Updates & charge programs. (Check)

Spoofed the charger relay & temp sense (check)

The car is charging up Woooo Hooooo.
Thanks to Dave he was able to find where to jump and spoof the charger because with out his help I would have been lost. He has wire diagram out and knew what was holding up the charger from starting up and charging. With a few cut and splices we are in business!
Thanks Again Dave :slight_smile:

1 Like

Charged up to 4.0 per cell Range was good so I’ll charge up and do some more flexing of my range. I still have another 15 cell waiting to drop on top of my current battery to double my pack battery. The 15 cell in the car was a “proof of concept“ I wanted to see how the car ran at 60+ volts. So far so good. Now what should I do? double my pack size? OR Boost my voltage to 90v and drop in the S6 controller and install my 8k motor

Really… :slight_smile: Is that even a question?

Can’t let you guys get ahead of me.
Gutted my 2018.

MVC-004F MVC-005F MVC-006F

Dave : what’s next, what are you working on now

Don’t know. I got tired of being careful, so I could go back to stock.
Batteries, I guess.

Mistake or just a puzzle?
MVC-012F MVC-013F

What’s going on? Are you trying to put that in or take that out? My car didn’t have such thing.

Put it in. Making an inner fender and floor all in one piece.
I’m thinking it will fit if I take a shock off.

Are you just trying to shield or protect the battery from the elements more?

Pretty much. I looked for something to put under the battery. One thing lead to another.

MVC-014F
Took the shocks off and it slipped in from the side.

That looks great, just like how the factory should have done it. You must have tools you wanted to play with and some extra aluminum laying around :slight_smile: good job

Exactly. With a 3’ hand shear and brake it’s fun. Don got in a load of sheet aluminum, and cut some into 2’ wide sections. I only needed to make one cut. Well, that is until it didn’t fit through the battery access opening.

Did you hook up your controller and give it a rip yett?

Good test today.
35mph with stock gears. (9k rpm.
Is that fast enough for most drivers?

Squeals tires and holds speed up hill.

Coming to a store near @grantwest soon.

1 Like