What are the best batteries to use?

From a comparison of price/how long they last each charge/life?

Several ev manufacturers use the AGM type of battery. Zenn, Miles and a few of the Smart car Chinese knock-offs use AGM, professional judgement. Consider that the lead-acid battery is completely recycled, lead, acid and plastic. The AGM is sealed, no maintenance, lower sulfication. Cost is about 3X the flooded cell, less than 1/2 cost of Lithium. Safety is a big issue with flooded cells. The AGM battery size is considerably smaller.

[QUOTE=Madman;2819]From a comparison of price/how long they last each charge/life?[/QUOTE]

For comparison of Cost/Capacity/Life look to golf carts. Batteries optimized for this industry are well suited for EV use. They are almost always flooded lead acid type, mostly 6V.
-enganear

with the research i have done the best battery is the NiMH the reasons are they are the a fairly light, have long range and have a life span of 5000 full cycles
the only disadvantage is that they are hard to find a place to purchase. one place to get them is in a Toyota Prius.

[QUOTE=ridingforlife;4231]with the research i have done the best battery is the NiMH the reasons are they are the a fairly light, have long range and have a life span of 5000 full cycles
the only disadvantage is that they are hard to find a place to purchase. one place to get them is in a Toyota Prius.[/QUOTE]

Hahahah either steal em from Prii (plural for Prius), or find out where the Prius gets/buys them! :stuck_out_tongue:

definitely lifepo4 cells currently.

[QUOTE=ridingforlife;4231]with the research i have done the best battery is the NiMH the reasons are they are the a fairly light, have long range and have a life span of 5000 full cycles
the only disadvantage is that they are hard to find a place to purchase. one place to get them is in a Toyota Prius.[/QUOTE]

That’s because Cobesys who is owned by Chevron and Texaco own all the patents and I don’t think they are planning on giving out any licenses any time soon.

http://www.cobasys.com/

Hi,

We think now the best battery for ebike is LiFePO4 battery.
It can use a long time and no pollution.:slight_smile:

[QUOTE=cammycc;5396]Hi,

We think now the best battery for ebike is LiFePO4 battery.
It can use a long time and no pollution.:)[/QUOTE]

Hi cammycc,
I’m very skeptical with Chinese made products. The product quality sucks. Do you have any unbiased/unfiltered testimonials regarding the quality of your product? I’d rather pay double the price for Japanese, EU or US made quality products.

the lifepo4 battery is better apply to the high power electric motorbike and electric car,it safe and light,but it is a little expensive.

the attached drawing is lifep04(381200),this model got patent,many country purchaser buy it and say it has good quanlity,but it is china made product,so not all china made products have poor quanlity.
the limn battery is better apply to the electric bike ,its cheaper than lifep04.haoxujian@hotmail.com

[QUOTE=chiques;5842]Hi cammycc,
I’m very skeptical with Chinese made products. The product quality sucks. Do you have any unbiased/unfiltered testimonials regarding the quality of your product? I’d rather pay double the price for Japanese, EU or US made quality products.

Presently a lot of electric car makers chose lithium-ion battery, which is enviromental-friendly, light,long life-cycle and no memory effect.
msn: skyenergy.dido@hotmail.com

Deal w an american to get your cells
falconev.com
yes, they are from china and taiwan, but, homework has already been done, so, my behind is on the line here.
But, if you want to save pennies ( and lose dollars ) go ahead and deal direct w china and take your chances.

[QUOTE=chiques;5842]Hi cammycc,
I’m very skeptical with Chinese made products. The product quality sucks. Do you have any unbiased/unfiltered testimonials regarding the quality of your product? I’d rather pay double the price for Japanese, EU or US made quality products.[/QUOTE]

One of my friend from America has test some of lifep04 battery from Chinese company "Sky Energy (Luoyang)Co.,Ltd . the result is very good .

www.sky energy.com
skyenergysales002@gmail.com

In the long run , I think lifepo4 battery is better for electric vehicle . It has the advantage of high energy density , long cycle life , no pollution , no memeory effect , light,small , free maintance …etc. Some of lifepo4 also for military use .

Hello, every body, I’m Dido from Sky Energy(Luoyang) Company Limited. It is the subordination of China Airborne Missile Academy.
We are professional manufacturer of high capacity lithium-ion battery. As a military factory, all the products are made to meet the military standard. The factory facility and chemistry has been developed in the army for many years. By now, we can produce 180,000ah each day, which makes us have enough room to do the pre-sorted work of every cell and grarantees the quick delivery time. Our products are mainly 40AH/60AH/100AH/130AH/190AH/250AH/400AH.
All our products are made to meet different kinds of requirements. Now, we are the exclusive supplier for Chinese military and have become the preferred supplier of General Motor Shanghai, China Multiple Units Train Project, etc.
If you have any interests, please feel free to contact us. Best regards to every body here.

Hi!
In my opinion,lifepo4 battery is high security,smaller,light,and have a quick charge-discharge characteristics. It can widely used in various electric vehicles,solar,wind,UPS uninterrupted power and so on.If you want to lean about more info about lifopo4 batteries, You can visite (Shandong)HiPower Communication Equipment Co.,Ltd. You will have a surprise.

Major problem in electric cars is battery. Because electric car is that the batteries will need to be recharged. This will require advanced planning because you’ll have to allow adequate time for the batteries to be fully charged.

Pickup trucks|Mack trucks

Well I followed these threads but have not gained much info about the best batteries for a GEM. As far as the promotions on teh China battery, sorry I am not convinced. As a mfg. I buy a lot of imported parts. Main thing I can say is the you get what you pay for.

be very wary about lead acid batteries had a set that lasted 8 years and most likely was made in usa so when replacing them with identical brand they lasted a year and found they were now made in china imported from usa
my gues was the usa ones were from new lead and the chineses ones from recycled lead with impurities such as tin bras copper etc and this caused th elead plate frames to etch away rapidly. so beware where your lead comes from

Lithium-ion Battery is common use now.