Trike Battery Life

I’m in the research phase for building an electric VW-trike. Recenly read that the batteries can loose 25-50% of their power after a week of setting idle. Then, the batteries must be re-broken in over 10 cycles of charging. I live in northern Illinois, thus, this is a fair/nice weather vehicle and it will set for varying lengths in addition to 6 months in the winter. If the batteries are set on a trickle charge will they need to be re-broken in? Do the onboard or off-board chargers provide a trickle charge?
Thanks,
dmend

[QUOTE=dmend;1616]I’m in the research phase for building an electric VW-trike. Recenly read that the batteries can loose 25-50% of their power after a week of setting idle. Then, the batteries must be re-broken in over 10 cycles of charging. I live in northern Illinois, thus, this is a fair/nice weather vehicle and it will set for varying lengths in addition to 6 months in the winter. If the batteries are set on a trickle charge will they need to be re-broken in? Do the onboard or off-board chargers provide a trickle charge?
Thanks,
dmend[/QUOTE]

contact “newdawn” he lives in MI and he just finished building his EV its a saturn and he has a great handle on the break in and what not.

Could you first tell me what kind of battery your vehicle using?
Actually, if lead-acid batter, you have to charge the battery even you don’t use them in winter, 1-2 weeks/times to keep the battery running, if totally out of power, the battery would broken.
if Li-ion or Ni battery, you should only charge them each 3-4 months, it’s ok.