Not sure which direction to go

That is a special order diagnostic device that will show you the next weakest component.

3 Likes

And all’yall wonder why it was free…

A bolt fuse. Well, you know supply chain being what it is with all the shortages (no pun intended). American Ingenuity!!

Make sure that is a factory bolt fuse, don’t use an aftermarket one for safety issues.

I was trying to count the threads to see if it is properly rated.
(before I get flamed by the purists I realize there is only one thread)

What if it’s SAE though? Zivans are metric…

The robot overloads told me I had to many chats yesterday and I was silenced. I want to say thanks for helping me diagnose this gem.

I’ve done some more research and it looks like I should leave the Original charger in the vehicle to trick the interlock and get another charger.
I’m kind of cheap so budget friendly will be the goal. I still have a few more months before the camp ground opens so I have some time to send this unit out to be repaired if that’s worth it or even possible? Or should I just buy another charger? Like I’ve said before this is not our forever cart so I have to think about resale and what people might look for. Any ideas would be Welcome

Nah.

Just take the two interlock wires going to the original charger and splice them together if the new charger doesn’t have that feature

Just for your info- You don’t need to leave that charger installed to bypass the interlock.
Where were you getting that?!?!?!?

All you need to do is attach the two smaller wires together. Keep track of them as you will need to pull them apart again when you scrounge your new charger.

1 Like

I will often measure the AC voltage inside the unit just to be sure there isn’t a wire broken leading into the charger/device. IIRC the Zivan uses a typically shaped connection for AC as you’d find on many computer peripherals(monitors, power supplies, etc) so you can bipass all the onboard wiring and connect directly to the bottom of the charger.

Hi, I use the Walmart deep cycle marine batteries, they work quite well for me but I seldom drive more than 5 miles at a time. Pick up a Harbor Freight electronic load tester. Allows you to check the condition of each battery. Make sure the master switch is off any time you are testing or charging. I mounted a voltmeter in my dash connected to each side of the controller. Much better than the funky onboard gauge. Wish I could help you with the charger but I have the Delta Q brand. A lot of knowledge in this forum and the members are very helpful.
Don’t know if the image loaded, but sold by pro shopping on Amazon part# 20190709001 for about $12.

Thanks for the feed back. I have since returned the wm batteries and purchased the superstart marine 31dcm from oreilly auto. I forgot that the company I worked for gets deep discounts. I just purchased the delta q charger and battery Pete programs it for you. I was looking at that same battery meter and I’m glad to here that it works. Sounds like that’s my next purchase

I couldn’t pull the trigger on $350 local sources Trojan batteries maybe I will regret it but only time will tell. I got the 6 ss bats for $102 apiece

Don’t forget to get some of those extra bolt fuses and replace them elsewhere in your car. You will never need to replace them again.
(just kidding)

Lol assy. I hope the purists gem enthusiasts don’t mind but I painted my gem with black Bed liner front to back. I think it looks way better then the yellow banana color or was it school bus yellow🤷‍♂️ My eyes are failing me in my old age

$350 each trojan? wow :grimacing:

With the core charge. I got the cart with out batteries. 306 +36 for core

wow they are almost like the price of a lithium set. I know trojans are one of the best ones but they are still Lead acid

ineteresting

Yep. About 5 years ago, I priced a set of 6 Trojan T-1275’s at $225/ea + tax (after core exchange) plus $300-ish for a watering kit. And that was considered a good price.

Wow, I forgot about the watering kit… Lithium used to be for experienced users but now we are seeing more and more successful conversions. this forum has helped dozens of people to get rid of 400lbs of lead and make their GEM fun again.
now with the Drop in solutions from @inwo is even easier. only 2 wires. positive and negative. No jump cables, no watering kit. anyone who can swap the Lead acid Batteries will be able to Install Lithium.

More Range, Faster, More acceleration.

1 Like