GEM E520 battery help.

Hello everyone
Just bought at auction, charger is deed, Going through the Series 31 Deep cell battery’s now and charging with 12V car charger to test what ones are bad and what ones are good. Suspect even good ones are boarder line and will just replace all. So a few questions

Charger is model SMPS 48V/15A, Can u replace with any 48V 15A golf cart charger?
If so any ones that are better then others?
If so any that have a lead and external charge gauge I can mount on dash? ( Will research myself but figured I would ask due to question #2)
Looks like 2 batteries in the rear and 2 in front. Worth putting all 4 in rear or best to keep that weight on the front drive axle?
If I keep should 2 in front should I add 2 more in the space under the seat for total of 6? I would have to play around with 2 in parallel then 4 in series to keep the 48 Volt. or
Best to go with 6 in series and 72 Volt and replace parts to allow? What parts assume motor, controller? everything else seems to be 12V so either wired to just one battery or system is droping volts for everything else.
Sure there are other items but figured this would get me thinking on a plan.
Thanks.

Get car running before making plans. Those that know claim that the 48v Gems can be money pits.
You may not know charger is dead until connected to good batteries.
SMPS 48V/15A, sounds more like a description of a power supply than a charger.

To answer your question. Yes any 48 volt charger will work.

HOWEVER

The 48 volt carts have negative value. Strongly suggest you tale your loss and invest in a 72 volt cart. There is almost nothing electrical available for a 48 volt unit.

Rodney