Nd. Gem owner crook scammer

A mistake may have been to accept the refund of the shipping cost. Shipping item back for UPS inspection is covered by UPS. You don’t pay anything. Now that the shipper has accepted returned shipping costs, that may end the seller-shipper contract.

1 Like

I think you also loose Paypal seller’s protection when buyers pay “as a family or friend” It’s nice because Paypal doesn’t charge you the 3% to receive the cash. But if you don’t know the buyer, it could end up in a risky transaction. Usually I trust members of this forum. For example I bought a charger from Michael a year ago without problems.

Ok Just to clear up some confusion.

The Buyer “Jay” did not participate or would NOT send UPS any pictures or info as far as helping the Seller & Shipper get their insurance money.

This guy JAY, simply filed a claim with Pay Pal.
Pay Pal simply took back the Money from David’s account.

Jay never wanted to work with UPS and or the 3rd party insurance because he knew the battery was fine. He knew if he sent photos & info they would tell him to pound sand.

If you sell something on pay pal insist that it’s paid for using “friends and family” because scammers like JAY will take advantage. You you accept payment for something under the “goods and Services” option & your pay pal account is linked with a Credit Card, the credit card company steps in and removes the charge immediately. And then Pay pal drags their feet for months pretending to get to the bottom of it. Often time pay pal gives the Scammer weeks to reply to a single email. So if you rely on pay pal you will Never get your money back. As a buyer you simply call your credit card company and say it was a fraudulent charge and they refund you no questions asked. That said, I’m sure what Jay has done is illegal and against the law

Jay claimed the battery was damaged in shipping. (The Mounting feet were bent) no big deal. He bent them back and put it in his ford Think. And Scott the shipper even gave him Phone and FAceTime support to hook up and install the battery. It’s in his car running and driving with No issues. He simply scammed Dave and Scott for $2700

The only loss I’ve had with PayPal was sending a $900 Sony video camera to a minister in Colorado. My bad I sent it before the e check cleared. When I called the church, the minister admitted the mistake, didn’t send the camera back and said “I’m a minister that doesn’t make me perfect”. It was sad and I felt like a road trip to Colorado. But I just digested it as a mistake. Only recourse is small claims court and Jay has to accept a certified letter. And yes Scott has to go to court in ND.

This Member says he is willing to go

I have previously been scammed and got resolution by having wonderful support from my local cop in Minnesota who went after the scammer in PA. I was lucky.
I hate that Jay may try to get away with this. I am willing to participate in a Go Fund Me type of project. I propose we hire a local (Mandan, ND) investigator to manage a project to get Jay to pay his bill. Secondly, expose the story to local Bismarck/Mandan media so Jay’s neighbors and friends can see what a schmuck he is.

Ya know what. The Removal of this thread might not be a bad Idea. Let’s start a Go fund me “Legal Action” thread with a short description of what happend and where to donate and help Dave / Scott recover the $ and Make that Public so this Jack Ass can see that we have a small army of motivated people to make sure this doesn’t just get swept under the carpet.

It really does not matter, it is all discoverable if it goes to court, private or not.
Don’t put anything on the internet that could bite you - verbal is the only safe media in today’s world.
Removing it would just keep everyone in the world seeing your comments.