Lifepo4 drop in

#53 is 87.6v or 3.5v per cell.
87v is pretty near what lead setting will charge to. Give it a shot.
I’m just finishing up my brothers 48v truck. 2p16s.
Set to #128. Also 3.5v per cell. Very conservative setting.
It’s been charging 18a all day. Man that is sucking up the juice. Was not dead to start either.MVC-009F

what kind of batteries?

In a message dated 9/25/2018 1:54:42 PM US Eastern Standard Time, electricforum@discoursemail.com writes:

stretchkart
September 25
Thanks for the spec sheet.

How should my DQ charger be set up?

Dave’s LiFepo’s twenty five of them 1p25s.

They won’t last long. Next project is 6p12s for 36v forklift. That’s 72 right there.

Looks like the batteries survived UPS, Always a little nervous with them when the box weight gets over 50 lbs…

What torque would you recommend on the terminals?
Any need/ value in a cable connection Spray on lacquer like on lead acid batteries?

Did not find in the shipment any voltage monitor board or wiring ?? What is you recommendations?

Thanks

They are completely sealed. Corrosion should not be a problem.
Torque could be looked up for bolt size.
To be honest, check with a meter while charge is finishing once in a while.
Then use a little $5 led panel meter at dash for total voltage.

If you want a cell monitor, the 14-32s bluetooth bms is the best buy. With or without lcd.
Catch 22. By connecting any load to individual cells, it eventually affects balance.
What I’m doing myself is using a voltmeter to monitor total voltage. Then meter them all when charge is finishing. Unbalance makes no difference, as long as no 1 cell goes over 3.65v or so.
The pack can only be “filled” until the smallest “tank” is full. So no capacity is lost. IMO

Here is some pics of the initial battery install. Had to cut a chunk of 1/4" aluminium plate that was sticking down below the after lower horizontal seat support. It was part of the seatbelt attach plate, that gets welded on.

1 Like

70 in/lbs is what I found.
Important that all connections are wrench tight.

Very nice.

Dave,
Not having a “72” volt pack on hand until now I hadn’t tested my charger other than plugging it in to AC and observing the Start up sequence. It appears to be set on profile 14. I am unable to change it. And it doesn’t charge. Red flashing light. Incorrect voltage? I tapped the pack at 23 cells (temperarily) about 72V and still get the same red blinking light.
Thinking about sending the charger to you to check in out…

Thanks for the torque spec. I did check each connection. It seems like the hardware is all stainless. Any thoughts on what kind of eyelets I should use for “voltage” wire harness?

Sure, I’ll check it out. You have a new charger, correct?

Check for continuity from red to green. Internal fuse may be blown.
If charger is connected +72v on green.

Nothing special. If there are enough threads, use a second nut.

Looks good. You don’t need that bit of aluminum for the seat belts so your good to go. How many amp hrs is this battery set up gonna be

Rated at 60ah, tested about 70ah @10amps.
So it lasted 7hrs with a 10a load. 2 sets would be close to a Bolt.
Nice fit isn’t it?

With charger completely disconnected there is continuity red to green. With black and red connected to pack there is pack voltage (72 at the moment, 23 cells) between green and black (B-). Then plugging it into AC I hear a relay pull in and the LEDs start sequencing, 2 sec later I hear a relay actuate (sounds like a different one ) and the 72 volts green to B- goes away. For a few more seconds the 80% LED flashes and the AC (~) LED stays on steady. Then the Red LED starts to flash along with the 80% LED. At no time does it appear that a charge started. ( I have a watt meter plugged into the AC source ). With the charger completely disconnected and then powered with AC it appears to sequence as expected and indicates a charge profile #14 on the 80% LED (1 flash, pause, 4 flashes, repeats a couple of times). Unable to change the profile using the Delta Q procedure of touching charger red terminal to pack voltage (black connected)…

What percentage of that 60ah should I use before recharging?

The car will fail to start at 68v 2.72v per cell. That won’t hurt batteries.
Nothing left below 3v per cell 75v though.
Partial chargers are fine. Keeping it full charged is ok for few weeks at a time. Long term 1/2 charge or less and disconnect a cable.
I believe you should be able to use close to the full 60ah if not hotrodding or hill climbing.

Your the guinea pig! :slight_smile:
Let me know how it works out.
My brother has a 48v 2p16s car and a 36v forklift 6p12s converted, but not much use yet.

No idea on charger, You could try one more or one less cell.
Be careful not to let it charge, as it will unbalance the 25cell string.

That is about a 1HP load, should be enough to move the cart at 10mph at least, 7 X10= 70 miles ???

I took it on about a 3 mi test drive. Started out at about 82.25v and finished at about 81.75 All cells within 10mv but 10mv is the limit of my meter.

I locked up my controller after that trying to do a firmware update and am down until I get it back from Navitas.