Lifepo4 drop in

Okay, just tried that, no help. The charger is not a new one, came with the cart, looks to be in good condition.
I took the cover off and looked at the solder joints on the “shunt” that some have repaired (youtube) but those 2 joints looked okay. What is your address I should send it to?

Dave Bissen
100 Falls st
Hokah, Mn. 55941

Po box 496

I use 250w/mile as a guess. That comes out to 20 miles level ground 25mph.

Check temperature sensor. Some profiles won’t run without it. 10k from wht wire to B-.

Oh, yeah, the white wire… its not connected to anything. There is just a spade connector on the end of the lead coming out of the charger. It shows about 11k ohms to black lead. The temp sensor is gone. How do I bypass it?

Use a 10k resistor or 10k sensor. Possibly connect to b- directly, but doubt it.

THANK YOU DAVE!
I put a 10k resistor between white lead and B-… It started charging, even with 25 cells. (82.1v). Only charged for about 30 seconds then I shut it off. Will now install my onboard ampmeter.

Let’er rip on 25s. May not even need the new charger.
Good information for the next lfp 25s user.
Actually the cell count could be changed to match stock charger. A true drop in swap.
25s should be pretty close. :slight_smile:
I only picked 25 because they come in 5s and 10s modules.
With a spoof 28s in not out of the question.
#177 is 98.5 volts. Are you a hotrodder?

Im not really a hotrodder. Where I live there are a lot of cart paths between subdivisions and shopping centers. Summer is much more bare -able on a cart. The paths are not very wide, windy and somewhat hilly. Speed limit is 20mph. Which is sometimes toooo fast. I am intrigued with efficiency though.

One of the issues here with LSVs is permit like a golf cart or license like a car. I am able to do it like a golf cart. Which is about $10 per year, insurance is $15 per year. Can drive on 35mph posted roads but only 20 mph not 25. Cannot Cross 55mph roads from a 35 to 35. (have to use a tunnel) But is much cheaper than going the car route.

Forward facing seats for 4 was another goal. Before I found the Gem I was just about to stretch an old Ezgo.

I gave up on the shunt amp meter, seemed more complicated than it needs to be. Was debating whether to get a hall effect or shunt. Got the shunt thinking it might be more accurate. Will try a hall effect now. But wont be able to spend any time on it until next week.

Looking forward to getting this thing usable. I suspect the Lifepo battery pack is going to work out pretty good. I know a guy with a Think, he might be interested in Lifepos.

If it works as a no bms drop in replacement, there will be much interest.
Please keep posting results. Non of my conversions get used enough to getting good data.

Will do. Sorry Im so slow…