Hmm.. does my cordless mower count

Hmm… does my cordless mower count as ‘vehicle’??

If not, please excuse me, but this was the most knowledgable and supportive forum I came across… Also pardon my obvious lack of experience with electrical systems! :o Any expertise would be greatly appreciated! :slight_smile:

In swapping the batteries on a 24V Cordless mower, I carelessly did not record two wires’ connection points to the battery series. In fear of short circuiting the system, I am seeking advice. Switch illustrated is a ‘dead man’ set up. The ‘switch off’ position seemingly/possibly had a ‘dynamic motor braking effect’.

A diagram is attached below:

Thanks so much!!; Sincerely!,
Recovering Petroholic

The blue should go to the open red dot. This will complete the “run” circuit path.

The gray must be the recharge or regeneration circuit but I am not real sure about where it should go.

Any chance you swapped the batteries left to right? That would “look” better or more organized.

Hmm thanks Lazlow… I’m voting blue to open positive too.
The diagram is not really to scale… my camera is away for a bit. The batteries are in definitely in the right configuration… I may have to pre fuse the leads before connection (test connection)… in order to prevent shorting… a bit nerveracking. :frowning: Was hopeful someone may have swapped out their batteries on something similar…

This is a Lowes Taskforce 24V. I believe the same wiring set-up as Black & Decker’s cmm1000 and cmm1200. Anyone happen to run one of those?

Thanks for any help,
Recovering Petroholic

http://www.evforum.net/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=230&stc=1&d=1185072513

According to this there should be no direct connection from the motor to the battery. This would make sense as the run/recharge paths could not be reversed otherwise.

[SIZE=“1”]Laslow…

Thanks for giving a hoot! Aha - that is actually a B&D Parts diagram! Similarish to my set-up. I just found a magnified copy online - ‘parts’ is just about the only search term I hadn’t googled! Appreciate that.[/SIZE]

The brush leads run different on mine. Instead of going through an electric board… the positive brush lead runs right to the switch (along with my two mystery leads - as in diagram), the negative definitely goes to the (-) of the battery!?

:confused:

Good night for now folks,

Ok, the pos and neg from the motor both have to go to the switch. This is so when you go from run to recharge it can swap on the battery.

The system reduced the size of the image I uploaded. Lets try uploading a pre zoomed in image. http://www.evforum.net/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=231&stc=1&d=1185079844

Edit: The system just keeps dropping the quality of the image. I can look at the copy on my desktop and it is fine. If I save the copy that is here it is junk. I just went to black & decker and followed the links.

[SIZE=“1”]Laslow… You’re up past curfew!

Thanks for giving a hoot! Aha - that is actually a B&D Parts diagram! Similarish to my set-up. I just found a magnified/clear copy online - ‘parts’ is just about the only search term I hadn’t googled! Appreciate that.[/SIZE]

The brush leads run different on mine. Instead of going through an electric board… the positive brush lead runs right to the switch similar to the one at the handle as per the B&D exploded schematic) (along with my two mystery leads - as in my drawing), the negative definitely goes to the (-) of the battery!?

:confused:

I took a closer look at my switch (similar to the one at the handle as per the B&D exploded schematic) and updated the drawing here (and above):

Good night for now folks,
RP

What is the model number and the zip code where you bought it?

NewDawn,

It is a Task Force 227685.
Zipcode 07093.

Sounds like you have a precise strategy…?

Thanks!,
RP

this is impossible to solve without some more info. how does this charge: where are the connections to charge it? I’m assuming when the switch is off is when you connect the charger?

need more info.

Hi Schembo; Hi again all,

Was away for a spell… will have a chance to give it another go in a couple of days… :frowning:

Responding to your question schembo, the charging runs a lead each off the (+) and (-) [opposite the bridge] with a 5 amp inline fuse on the (+).

Thanks another,
RP

:rolleyes:

Aha!.. turns out the hand/safety switch was sticking a bit… thanks for the advice/assistance folks!!!

Sincerely,
RP