Handset wiring

I have stock settings for a T2

Year of car, 2 seat, or 4seat, 10" wheels or 12" wheels, motor size

[quote=EscondidoGEM;28463]Hi all,
I’m just starting to read up on programming my 2001 GEM (I just want to slow down Turf mode). No problem making my own cables, but so far I’ve been unable to find the part number for the 12-pin plug. Can anyone ID that part?

Also, since I just got my vehicle a few months ago, I don’t know if the settings have been changed before. Is there a list of factory default settings for the T2?

Thanks much![/quote]

There are pretty good instructions on this thread for making cables.

If you don’t want to wait for parts, I have them made up and tested for $40 or $75 for pair 8p and 12p.

Thanks for the quick response, guys.

I have a 2002, 2-seat longback, 12" wheels, 5HP motor.

Instructions for making the cable are clear, I just can’t find a part number for the 12-pin connector. Sorry if I’m missing it somewhere. If it’s too much of a pain to make one, I’ll definitely buy one from you, Inwo.

Thanks.

Ah, I found the part number in GE’s T2 tech document. Inwo, I will definitely buy one from you - is it a Y-plug to DB9 female cable?

It took a lot of false starts to get it right. The same plugs come keyed to different oems. I had to get one of each in 8 and 12 pin versions.

Then find a female end to make a test setup.

To test cables, I plug them end to end. Then plug the two RJ45s into a cat5 tester.

Works pretty sweet. I won’t break even for another 10 cables or so.:smiley:

Are you looking for an LX handset cable or serial cable for Sentry sw?

I also make a USB to T2 cable for sentry. Plugs in the 23pin plug. If I had a T2 here I would test it in the 12 pin port.

If that’s what you need let me know. Cost is about $20 in parts. You could test it for me.

Picture is dongle for T1.
The serial pins are mirrored in “Y” plug in T2.
So just a simple wiring change to use 12p “Y” plug.

I don’t have a handset, I was planning on using Sentry on a laptop with a serial port. I do need to buy the Sentry SW, though. Once I do, would be happy to test your cable on the T2. Did you roll your own USB to serial converter?

Here is a picture of USB to 23P cable.

The pins fit the connector and are left in place.

Pins 23, 22, and 16 or 21. 21 is not always connected internally.

This cable works with all except T1 which does not have RS232.

A 12 pin cable will only work with T2, so I have not tested one.

Here is the 12p adapter for T2, like we talked about.

Untested!

But as pins 22 and 23 are mirrored it should work fine.

Just send it back after testing. Nothing to lose!

Sounds like you may be more computer savy than myself. Hope to learn from you.

Used a brand name converter. I’ll give you link to drivers if you need.
Don’t know if instructions are on cd or not. I’ll ask OH.

I hope to be able to view these thumbnails soon! Understood, if the two pins are just routed from the 12-pin to the 23-pin connector it should work, pending getting the right order of the wires. Happy to load up the drivers and give it a try. Quick question - I haven’t tried getting that 23-pin plug out yet, any tricks?

Your pm box is full.
I emailed your PP addy.

Yes, be careful. Fragile. Use a pocket screwdriver to release the latch while pulling up.

I’ll email a picture.

I contacted OH on status of package.

Hi,
Sorry to bump an old post, but hoping someone may have the diagram of the 14 Pin wiring for the GE LX handset,as referenced here. There does not seem to be any images showing up in this forum thread. I am after the pin connections from the GE LX handset (RJ45) to the GE EV100 LX traction card (14 pin) socket - there are 8 wires in total.

Thanks,
Bruce

this one?

Picture of my notes.MVC-008F

Found the electronic version from looking at my copy. :slight_smile:
I build these cables, but out of the 14p one, I think.

Hi Inwo
can i use GE LX handset also for T4 and T5 controller ?

I don’t believe so…

Hi Inwo,

Thank you for your help, and expertise. That is exactly what I was after.
Really appreciate you sharing your notes.

Thanks again,
Regards.
Bruce