LX handset GE programmers SOLD

Found a few more used handsets and parts.
Handsets $150 each
Cables $69 each
Some have soft cases

Hello,

What cart does this programmer work with?

Thank you,
Brad

Older gems with t1 and t2 controllers.

Dave, wouldn’t these also work with the ford think controller also?

I know very little about the think as a whole, but i believe their controller was the same hardware as gem’s T2, just called a D2 (?) Not sure what the differences exactly were, if any.

I bought my sentry pc software, usb-> serial adapter and serial to old 12-pin GE controller plug from a member here with a think and it had no problems whatsoever talking to my 02 gem with T2.

@David_Illingworth

Yes I have one of these for my Ford Think and it works perfectly. I couldn’t get the GE sentry software to work reliable so I bought one of the handsets. I have two of those sentry setups if anyone is interested. I’m guessing the problem is my pc.

Will it work with this D2 controller and do you have the connector for it?

Is it 8p or 12p? The handset works with either, but sentry needs a special dongle for 8p T1 type controllers, as they do not have rs232 output. I can build T1 dongles if needed.
I can also make handset connectors.

12 pin for D2 controller for Ford Think. I need a ge handset and the controller programmer cable.

$240 to https://paypal.me/INWO?locale.x=en_US

Does 240 cover everything? Ge handset and 12 pin programming cable? Will I need anything else to upgrade to 35 mph?

Yes, for the cost. You need to ask the Think guys about speed.

Sounds great, I’ll take it. Sending payment now with PayPal.

1 Like

I have the software and can pick up a usb → Serial cable anywhere. is there a easy way to get just the serial cable that plug into the T2 (2002 e825 4 passenger)? Does programming the T2’s allow you to remove the 28mph limit, or is there no way to do it WITHOUT throwing the speedo off?

You can remove the 28mph limit on the T2 without affecting the speedometer. It’s parameter #20 “MPH Overspeed” set it to whatever MPH value you want the top speed to be.

What I did with mine was program #11 “Turf Speed Limit” so that with the drive switch in turf, the cart would top out at about 22 mph. Flip it to road and then it would go to whatever #20 was programmed for. ̶ ̶ ̶T̶h̶e̶ ̶o̶n̶l̶y̶ ̶t̶h̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶i̶s̶ ̶t̶h̶a̶t̶ ̶#̶1̶1̶ ̶i̶s̶ ̶a̶ ̶0̶-̶2̶5̶5̶ ̶s̶e̶t̶t̶i̶n̶g̶,̶ ̶i̶t̶’̶s̶ ̶a̶ ̶r̶a̶t̶i̶o̶,̶ ̶b̶u̶t̶ ̶I̶ ̶d̶o̶n̶’̶t̶ ̶t̶h̶i̶n̶k̶ ̶i̶t̶’̶s̶ ̶l̶i̶n̶e̶a̶r̶.̶ ̶Looking at an old printout, I was using 128 and had #20 at 35mph. You might have to play around a bit to dial it in.

IIRC, ̶ ̶#̶3̶ ̶"̶C̶o̶n̶t̶r̶o̶l̶l̶e̶d̶ ̶A̶c̶c̶e̶l̶e̶r̶a̶t̶i̶o̶n̶"̶ ̶s̶e̶t̶s̶ ̶h̶o̶w̶ ̶f̶a̶s̶t̶ ̶y̶o̶u̶ ̶a̶c̶c̶e̶l̶e̶r̶a̶t̶e̶ ̶i̶n̶ ̶t̶u̶r̶f̶ ̶m̶o̶d̶e̶.̶ ̶S̶o̶ ̶y̶o̶u̶ ̶c̶a̶n̶ ̶d̶e̶-̶t̶u̶n̶e̶ ̶i̶t̶ ̶a̶ ̶b̶i̶t̶ ̶t̶o̶ ̶s̶a̶v̶e̶ ̶b̶a̶t̶t̶e̶r̶y̶ ̶p̶o̶w̶e̶r̶ ̶w̶h̶e̶n̶ ̶y̶o̶u̶’̶r̶e̶ ̶n̶o̶t̶ ̶r̶a̶c̶i̶n̶g̶.̶ ̶ ̶

If you can get the 12 pin connector to plug into the T2, I can ring out my adapter later and tell you what pins go to what.

Looks like I didn’t remember that quite right. Here it is from the manual:

FUNCTION 2 CREEP SPEED
( Push 2 )
This function allows for the adjustment of the creep speed
of the vehicle when the accelerator potentiometer is at its
minimum value and the start switch is closed.
Range 2% to 15% on time
Set 0 to 255
Resolution 0.047% per set unit
Example Setting of 205=(205x0.047)+2= 11% on time
Important Note: The function is used to optimize motor and
control performance and this setting will be determined by
GE and OEM engineers at the time of vehicle development.
This setting must not be changed by field personnel without
the permission of the OEM.

FUNCTION 11 TURF SPEED LIMIT
(Push 11)
This function allows for the adjustment of the top speed of
the vehicle (maximum battery volts to the motor) when it is
in Turf Mode.
Range 100% to 0% (or creep speed)
Set 51 to 170
Resolution 0.78% per set unit
Example: Setting of 0 = no speed limit
Setting of 170 = maximum speed reduction
Setting of 110 =100%-((110-51) - (creep val/8)) x 0.78 44%

FUNCTION 12 REVERSE SPEED LIMIT
( Push 12 )
This function allows for the adjustment of the top speed of
the vehicle (maximum battery volts to the motor) when it is
being operated in the reverse direction.
Range 100% to 0% of battery volts
Set 51 to 170
Resolution 0.78% per set unit
Example: Setting of 0 = no speed limit
Setting of 170 = maximum speed reduction
Setting of 134 =100%-((134-51) - (creep val/8)) x 0.78 = 20%

1 Like

I have an LX controller but need the 8 pin connector for a T2 like you mentioned. Please let me know if you are able to find a connector.

Per INWO it’s an 8 pin multilock .040 connector

Thanks

fsip sells the cords

Test Equipment | General Electric | FSIP

My price is $64 for 8 pin cord and $72 for 12 pin

@Reddevil T2 is 12 pin. T1 is 8 pin

Here’s the wiring on the adapter I have. Not sure who made it, but it works fine, never had a hangup.

n/c = not connected
I’m listing the wire colors mine was made with, because I’m to lazy to draw a fancy pin to pin diagram right now.

DB9
1 - n/c
2 - black
3 - orange
4 - jumper to 6
5 - black
6 - jumper to 4
7 - jumper to 8
8 - jumper to 7

12-pin chingadero
1- blue
2 - orange
3 - n/c
4 - n/c
5 - n/c
6 - n/c
7 - n/c
8 - n/c
9 - black
10 - n/c
11 - n/c
12 - n/c

db9m-rs232-pinout-50

12-pin out

1 Like

Yeah, visited their site, was hoping to just get connector and swap out the 12 pin for substantially less. Thanks

You are absolutely right, it’s a T1, my mistake.