GEM e825 Heater Install

I finally got around to installing the heater I got from Old_Houseboater in my 2002 e825. I couldn’t figure out how to drill the holes in the frame to mount it where it would come from the factory, so I made my own mounting system up high in the dash. I also added an extra vent, so I have 2 defrost and 2 cabin vents. I used relays so I was able to mount a switch for it up in my radio pod that has my other switches.

It seems to work well in the 100 degree days we have been having in Dallas. Now, to see if it is of any use in the winter.

I hope the pictures below post okay…
The heater mounted:

The cabin vents:

The defrost vents:

The switches:

That’s nifty. I never even knew something like this existed. Nice install.

Is that stereo mount custom or something you can purchase?

The console is a standard part from Polaris. You have to cut it out for the radio you want to install.

That looks awesome. Your placement and oe blower position is looking good. I can also agree to duplicate your vent positioning for dash cutouts.
Any wider angle shots showing the bigger picture of main equipment install? I have to drill into factory stuff to install factory stuff so I want to see as many “factory installs” that I can. I’m fully aware a “factory install” can mean many things, so I’m looking for as many “factory” opinions I can get.
I’m just about ready to install my “oe complete” setup that I acquired aftermarket jin my 14 e4. Haven’t pulled the dash off yet to see what kind of space I’m working with. Would love to see any kind of factory exploded diagram for at least general location information in placing the OG heater unit for an aftermarket install.
Thank you for even reading this long post. Even more thanks for constructive replies!

Here is my heater install. Uses zero battery power and warms the car real quick

2 Likes

Right over the batteries and no ventilation, PERFECT!

1 Like

I should have been more clear it’s a catalytic heater safe for indoor use. And yes my lithium battery is below the heater, are you saying that it’s unsafe? I know flooded lead acid battery’s should not be near a open flame, (witch this does not have) Lithium dosent vent like flooded lead acid so what danger are u referring to?

https://www.manualslib.com/manual/223890/Coleman-Golfcat-5036a850.html?page=2#manual

I mean sure if you want a window cracked and diligently checking each battery cell on bms. I just wouldn’t want a propane tank over a potential bomb if not maintained (I know your more than capable just for the inexperienced user). Does the back of your front seats get hot from the placement of the heater?

Wait that style door’s window only slides all the way down and held up by a clip right?

That might be the best idea I’ve seen yet!

But I am still hoping for an exploded underdash diagram of an OE installation if possible. Photos would be of assistance as well.
Thank you!

Be careful!

^^^^ yes common sence is not so common. And I see your point. People are very careless my method requires common sence and is not good for the average persons because it’s not ■■■■■ proof. I guess the same thing could be said about converting a car to Lithium. It’s not for the average person. Not fool proof so, carry on

Sorry for the slow response, I have been traveling. I looked through my pictures and don’t have any wider shots. Next time I take the dash apart I will try and remember to snap some more shots.

1 Like

This ‘adapter’ fits in your cup-holder. The propane cylinder and heater fits in the adapter. Possibly a little more secure than your back-seat version. In an enclosed cart allow for ventilation/oxygen depletion.
It works great on my doorless cart in our horrible 40 degree temps in San Diego

Heater with adapter costs around $60 if you shop around

Yea that cup holder is not that secure at least in the bumpy streets around here. My back seat with seatbelts crossing each other holding it secure is 10x better then that “cup holder” I bet ya you could roll the car and the heater would still be In the same place. The same could not be said for anything in a cup holder

Aaand now we have a flamethrower!