GEM E825 Drive & Power System Troubleshooting Chart

Thanks for the info. I’ll keep that handy in case my e-brake switch goes on the blink. Trying to get up and running again, so the PWB is the priority. Easiest, quickest option is optimal, but know that no dealers in Nevada will be helping - made multiple calls already.

Hey Guys another new member interested to know how Rokitman was able to get his cart running again. I have a 2004 GEM that was working fine and now when I turn on the Master switch I get the all 0000’s in the BDI and then it goes blank. The Motor Controller has 72VDC from the B+ and B- posts when tested. I do have the 12v circuit working on mine. Look forward to hopefully not having to send off the controller for repair hopefully.

@rknapp - 1. How much did you follow the steps above?

1. Do you have the open circuit board over on the pass side of the dash?
    Or the Dc Converter/wiring update installed?

2. What has changed that may have caused this?

HI thank you for your response. I was following the service manual guide for vehicle drive troubleshooting chart and Step 6 was reached and there was 72vdc at the B+ and B- terminals of the Motor Controller.
I live in Orlando FL and the cart was outside at my business during huricanne Ian but a used it 2 times after that with no problem and when I looked inside the electrics and controller area there was no moisture or water. I do have the upgraded black box with fins 12vdc to dc convertor.

The convertor is the SP Industries convertor.

@rknapp - see PM (your avatar- Upper right of your screen)
(the big pink R)

Hi rknapp, You are in good hands with AssyRequired. He helped me a lot. I did get my GEM going again, but it turned out to be a bad PWB board. Luckily it was under recall still and only cost me a tow ride to get fixed. AssyRequired helped with the troubleshooting. I did not need anything else even though the troubleshooting guide said it was a bad controller.