Gem e825 issues

My wife works for a non profit and someone donated an early (pre 2005) gem e825 4 passenger. 6 months ago we put new batteries in it and they have been using it daily without issue. A week ago they let someone wash it, and by wash it I mean attempt to flood it with a hose.

Every surface that could hold water was full including the cup holders that conveniently sit on top of the controller and the charger. It looks like there may have been a rubber sheet on top of them at some time - but not anymore.

I flipped the master switch and the display blinked on for about 5 seconds then it will not display any more.

The car will not move.
All batteries are charged (checked each with a voltmeter)
blinkers work
horn works
headlights work
brakelights work.
buzzer screams when ebrake is off and road is selected on dash.

Is the controller dead? If so, Is there a place that can repair it?

Thank you!

Under the dash, is there something that looks like a printed circuit board? These circuit boards have been superseded to a water resistant enclosure and were known for catching on fire when exposed to water. This device is known as the DC to DC converter. It reduces the 72 volt power down to 12 volts for the lighting and accessory load. Since your accessories work, the converter is working. Be sure to check the the fuses here.
The battery charger (black plastic box) will not resist water either. Check the battery charger interlock. This circuit prevents the GEM from being driven away with the cord plugged in. Unplug the charger, remove the small green and red wires from the charger, make a jumper wire, and connect these two together. If the GEM runs with the interlock jumped out, the charger will need to be sent to Zivan USA for service.

Daniel

Thank you for your reply! All of the components were in “sealed boxes” no exposed circuit boards.

The company my wife works for called the local Polaris dealer and they picked it up . I will report back with what they diagnose.

Thanks again.

[QUOTE=brookman;10213]Thank you for your reply! All of the components were in “sealed boxes” no exposed circuit boards.

The company my wife works for called the local Polaris dealer and they picked it up . I will report back with what they diagnose.[/QUOTE]Don’t forget to take your car washer for a free one way trip out to somewhere remote for a dirt nap. :rip: