Driving max time

Your first paragraph is totally correct sir

1 Like

Thank you so much for your help. In fact I didn’t change the Algorithm because the old batteries which I changed were also gel AGM which have been used in the cart for 7 years. I hope my feedback makes the pic clearer for you to help. Much appreciated

Tari, I saw your other post and I was confused at it’s change of status.

I was last under the impression that you were getting 22 miles out of this pack.
Now you are only getting 3???

1. Ignore that dash battery display for now.
  2. Do you have a meter to test a few connections?
  3. Are there any warning lights or codes on your dash/display?

Interesting note that this sounds like your original query about advice from the PO that he could only drive for 35 mins and needing to shut off the car for a while to “cool down”.

(This is beginning to sound like a foot pedal issue)

2 Likes

Good afternoon, thank you much for the instruction given to fix the display incorrect charge reading. I followed the steps you have given after the car was fully charged( solid yellow and green light come on the onboard charger) at the end of the process I got a reading of 99% which is very accurate accordingly. The problem now is that I can’t drive the cart more than 3 miles as explained in my prior messages. Much appreciated and kind regards

1 Like

Good afternoon again, just for the Benefit of everyone I would like to share the info that after I used the cart for 3 miles, again stoped and the display battery charge reading was 8 green bars while in reality it’s dead!!! So it’s not fixed. Any other idea to resolve that problem? Many thanks again for your help and best regards

Sounds like you need some new batteries.

1 Like

fully charge the batteries, let it sit for ~1 hour and then take voltage readings off of each battery and they should should each read ~12.7V or more to be fully charged. If you run it and it only lasts 3 miles you should then immediately take a voltage reading off each battery(cycle the key and turn the lights on) and record all the voltages. If any of them are less than 12.6V after 3 miles you’ve got a battery problem and should fix that before worrying about a battery level display.

3 Likes

What Dougl Said. This might not be a battery issue at all.
Run your car until it dies again and check all of their voltages.
Report back with those numbers.

Let the car sit for 10 mins and try to move the car again.

3 Likes

Good morning Dear, t

Thank you very much for the message. Just need to let you know that my batteries are only one month old!!! What do you think? Much appreciated

1 Like

What Dougl and AssyRequired said - do that and report back.
Just because you batteries are three months old does not mean they are not bad. If your charger is set incorrectly or they are not maintained well you can fry a set of batteries very quickly. We cannot tell you much until we start to get some real data.

4 Likes

Good afternoon dear,

I would like to inform you that I followed the instructions you have given. I charged the cart till the solid yellow and solid yellow and green light come on the on board charger. I left it for one hour. The reading of the volt as follows : (13.6) (13.4)(13.4)(11.8) (-1) (0)! Do you still want me to drive the cart until it stops after 3 mile (as happened several times before) then take another volt reading or it’s clear for you? Also it might help you to inform you that the cart was left for 15 days at the painter shop where the painter told me that the radio been was on all the time and when he wanted to move the car from a place to another, it wasn’t moving. Do you think this has discharged the battery totally especially because I drive it also for another 10 days? Do you think those 3 low volt and zero volt batteries can be charged by external charger as they are brand new? Do you think any other reason behind that problem? Awaiting your valuable instructions and feedback. I really appreciate your efforts! Have a great day

It appears you have three possible bad batteries.
You asked a whole lot a questions that cannot be answered yet.

I don’t think there is any reason to drive the car until you correct the three batteries with known issues.
Other may have different opinions.I am surprised it moves at all with three bad batteries.

Can the three bad batteries be charged with an external charger? Maybe, try it!
See if they will hold a charge after using an external charger.

Why did they go bad? Again, no idea yet.
What kind of batteries are they (brand/model) pictures?
What profile is your charger set to? turn off the main breaker, Plug in the charger and count the yellow blinks.

2 Likes

Thanks mic for your assistance. Excuse me, does the main breaker mean master switch?

Wow- I’m not even sure where to start on this.

Double check those batteries. Is there a chance your testing is not accurate?
What reading do you get for a pack V up at the controller?

I don’t see how your charger was even charging that!
There is no way your cart would start or even light up right now.

Make sure there are NO other connections to these batteries other than the big cables. Is your radio attached to one of these batteries?

2 Likes

Yes, sorry - different terms same item.

He means what voltage reading do you get at the controller positive and negative bolts. Under the hood, on the grey box.

I agree with @AssyRequired, if those readings are correct the car should not even turn on.

1 Like

Hello dear, I bought new device to test the batteries hence the reading must be correct. I checked now the cables of the batteries and found no other cables connected except the big o es as you indicated. The radio is not connected to a specific battery and tmw I will know where is it connected to and let you know. The reading through the positive and negative connection up on the controller ( the dashboard side) is reading (1). The photos of the batteries and the onboard charger are sent few mins ago. I don’t know how to identify what the charger is set to? Many thanks again and again

1 Like

It cannot be 1 at the controller and your car turn on at all.

This is the controller -
Make sure the Master Switch is on
Make sure the key is on

Measure the voltage at the places marked POS and NEG.

I just took another reading which appears the same as I sent you. I confirm that the cart can be driven normally for 3 miles then stops. Then if I wait 10/15 mins, it moves another 100 m then another waiting for 10/15 mins to drive another 100 meter then it doesn’t move anymore but I still have light, indicators and horn. I want to let you know also that whenever the car is driven, the cooling fan turns on. Many thanks again