Driving max time

Ok, it’s reading 77.1

The reading is 77.1. Thank you

Not at all sir. My mother tongue is Spanish. It’s 77.1
Thanks anyway

Those battery voltages adds up to 51.2 volts when they should add up to something like 68V at the very minimum for things to work at all. Because a battery voltage of 12.0V is a 100% discharged battery, you have 3 batteries out of 6 which look to be in VERY poor condition for use in a GEM.

Because it is so odd that you are even able to get it moving, there is an idea that you might have not been able to measure the -1V and 0V batteries correctly so the question of trying to measure all batteries together at once was asked. But it does require the wire path from the batteries to the Controller( POS and NEG ) connections be complete by turning on the master switch, releasing the parking brake, turning on the key.

2 Likes

It works now? Are there any error messages on your dash display?

I confirm that the cart can be driven normally for 3 miles then stops. Then if I wait 10/15 mins, it moves another 100 m

To be clear, while you wait 10/15min, the key needs to be off.

Then follow up with the second part of the test. Measure the Pack V (at the controller, then each battery again. We need to see how far those batteries drop. Be accurate- at 77.1v for pack V, those previously dead cells are not dead!!!

1 Like

No error message in the display but the display always shows 8 green bars even when the cart doesn’t move after driving 3 miles

The reading through the negative and positive bolts of the controller is 77.1

Alright, I am gonna drive the cart now until it stops ( normally after 3 miles) then I will take the reading you asked for. Yes, when I wait the 10/15 mins I switch off the key and the master switch. Thank you so much

Again- Pay no attention to all the green bars. There is a chance that it is lying to you and needs to be re-calibrated after we are all done.

Even better would be to fasten your meter probes directly to the controller and tape your meter to your windshield so you can see it while you are driving.

Note your start voltage and see what it does while you are driving and when it slows down to a stop.

2 Likes

Bring it your dead!
But I’m not dead yet !
Be quiet. You very soon will be…

2 Likes

I suspect your Batt 4 is failing.

Taking a SWAG (Scientific Wild Ass Guess) that the other two batteries are actually (13.3) and (13.3) that would be fairly close to the 77.1 pack V read(it looks like car was run for a bit after the initial charge/cool down).

@Tariqm - If after your run tests shows Batt4 still crazy low you can try putting an external charger on it to try and boost it up to match the others. This is called balancing the pack. In an ideal world ALL of the batteries travel up and down together and stay the same. When one continues to go wild like this it means it is damaged and needs to be replaced.

This is also why I asked about how the radio was hooked up. Drawing an accessory off one battery will also do this.

1 Like

Hello again, I drive the car for the 3 miles and it stoped as usual. I got the reading of the batteries immediately as requested. The reading of the same batteries sequence is (13.3) (13.02) ( 13.05) (11.10) (1) ((0). I waited 15 mins and the drive the car at. Wry low power for 100 meter then waited again for few mins just to drive it another few meters to get home. Very important notice, yes, there is one slim wire connected to the battery that shows (11.10 v) and another slim one connected to the battery that shows ( 13.05 v) photo attached . I think this is the Radio and the. Ack camera wires which I didn’t see first time and sorry for that. Thank you so much

I took also the reading through the controller after the cart stoped. It’s 75.3

Interesting note that you can drive it another 3 miles. What is the time span between these 3 mi test runs. I was having you wait 10/15 as a guess. Perhaps that is not enough?

Or, what else are you doing to get it to go another 3 miles? Main switch off/on/reset?

Which two batteries are the (1) and (0)? The ones in the very back of the car? I suspect you are not hitting the connectors correctly. Can you show me a pic?

1 Like

Yes the 2 batteries of (1) and (0) are the one in the back. I will take pic for the reading and send it to you right now ( one of these 2 is very easy to get a reading as it is easily reachable while the one in the very back is a bit difficult. Regarding driving another 3 miles, I must charge the cart again for around 6 hours until the solid yellow and green light come on. Will report back in few mins. Many thank

Yes, it’s 77.1 and after driving the car for 3 miles ( then totally stoped and can’t be driven ) the reading became 75.4. Thank you guys for your assistance

That first pic showing a 1 is not 1v. It looks like your meter is in error mode(overscale)

SWAG is that you are measuring across two batteries and shoving 26v into it (20v scale maxxed out).

Can you show me where the meter leads are actual touching? (yes- i know you will probably need 3 hands).

2 Likes

You are absolutely smart!!! Yes, I was taking a reading for 2 batteries bolts ( thought it’s one battery as they are attached to each other and my vision is bad! The calculation you made for those very back batteries are also correct as its ( 13.09) and ( 13.08) as per the attached pic. That means only battery 4 which the radio is connected through is the problem and as per your instructions I will charge it with external charger to boost it up tmw. Also, do you think now that the reason beyond having that bad battery is the radio connection? Where to connect it to? Is there a bolt for the 6 batteries together to connect it to? I really can’t thank you enough !!!

1 Like