Driving max time

OK, much better numbers. Thanks.

Are those extra wires attached to Batt4? Are you sure they are hooked up to your radio? If so- then Yes, I suspect those extra wires may be drawing down your #4 battery.

See if it will charge up and stay at the level of your other batteries.

But I DON’T think your problem is solved yet.

When your car slows to a stop after 3 miles:

1. Does not throw any error codes (a low battery would trigger a turtle or a code 15 when key cycled)
  2. Slows to a stop still having 75 volts. (the car still should go but slowly)

This is telling me something is happening outside the controller.

I recommend, charging up the low battery but DO NOT charge the whole car.
Check all the batteries again, then take it for another run.

Report back with what you find.

Yes: there is specific place you should be hooking up your radio but DO NOT hook it to ALL the batteries. It will promptly eject all of it’s built-in smoke.

I will show you where it should go later.

2 Likes

once your low drive time issue is resolved, you can look under your dash for 2 wires taped together having a label of “AUX” on them. That would be a pair of Auxiliary 12V which most use for the radio.

1 Like

Much appreciated indeed!

Yes, the turtle icon appears in the display when it’s totally stoped ( and I need to wait the 10/15 mins to drive it again for 100 meters then doesn’t move anymore) regarding your second point ( it should move slowly as it has 75 V) yes, it’s strange! However, I would appreciate if you can send me a pic of where to hook up the radio connection si that I can take corrective step. Thanks in advance and kind regards

Yes, the turtle icon appears in the display when it’s totally stoped

Well, there ya go. This explains a few things.

1 Like

Alright, I will do that tmw morning and will keep you informed of progress. You can’t imagine how much you made me happy as I understood the reason beyond the problem. Best wishes and my sincere appreciation

To attach any accessory you need to remove the upper and lower sections of the dash off to get access to the covered part of the fuse panel in the dash.

There are several connections available to push on .250 female spade connectors.

Stay away from A and B. Those are 72V!!!
#6 is always on (for radio memory power)
#1 is usually where the switched wire goes.

1 Like

not really. These batteries are in series, ie one end of each is connected to the other end of the other so all the power to the motor flows through all 6 batteries. When one goes very low like that battery with the radio connection there’s nothing left for it to add and its voltage drops VERY low like 3V when the motor is on and even with the other batteries full, that’s too low a voltage for the control unit and it stops the car. When the car is stopped, that battery voltage will raise up a little bit and then the controller thinks it’s ok again and you go 100 meters when battery 4 voltage drops again and now doesn’t raise up too much.

Get a 12V battery charger on that one battery until it’s showing 13.5-13.8V and you’ll get far more than 3 miles. But there’s a good chance that one battery is no longer as good as the others for storing a battery charge so it could prevent you from getting all the mileage out of the other batteries.

Test it by charging that one battery, taking it for a 6 mile drive, stop for 30 minutes and then measure your battery voltages and see how battery 4 differs from the others. If not difference then you might be ok for a while. but if battery 4 is much more than 0.2 lower than the others you might consider replacing that battery.

2 Likes

Thank you sir so very much. It makes a lot of sense also!! I will do that and will get back to you with the outcome. Much appreciated indeed again. Have a good day

Oh, and in addition to where you put the +12v radio wires,
The -12v (black) wires can go to Chassis Gnd. Somewhere on the aluminum dash frame is good. Look for a spot where a bunch of other black wires are fastened.

1 Like

Alright, but just to make sure everything is in place, I would appreciate if you can send me a picture for that also. Very much appreciated

Hello guys, hope you are all keeping great.

I would like to update you on the low volt battery issue. As you have instructed, I tried to charge that battery separately but it didn’t accept more that 12.6 V and consequently the electrician told me that it should be replaced. Of course the reason beyond having such bad battery is the radio connection which was connected through such battery. Of course, I reconnected the radio in the right place as you explained and it worked fine. Thank you all so much for your help and wish you all the best

1 Like

Hello guys, hope you are all keeping great.

I would like to update you on the low volt battery issue. As you have instructed, I tried to charge that battery separately but it didn’t accept more that 12.6 V and consequently the electrician told me that it should be replaced. Of course the reason beyond having such bad battery is the radio connection which was connected through such battery. Of course, I reconnected the radio in the right place as you explained and it worked fine. Thank you all so much for your help and wish you all the best

What kind of range are you getting now?

1 Like

Hello again sir, I just want to give you a new update on what’s happening with the concerned battery. As explained earlier, we charged that bad battery alone through external charger where we couldn’t charge it more that 12.6V. Surprisingly, I charged it normally along with the other 5 batteries through the on board charger where that bad battery got charged up to 13.1V. I drive the car with such charging Volt 7 miles then the car started to slow down and later in stopped. Is that mean that the volt is ok but the Amper or anything else in the battery is bad thus must be replaced?
Also, the onboard charger was working perfectly before I face that battery problem as I used to get a solid yellow anf green light after 7 hours charging. Now with such ( bad battery ) the indicators of the onboard charger are now spoiled because it gives sometimes yellow indicators among the 6 batteries icons and then red flashing at the top and some times green flashing!!! But I understood that it was charging despite of the red flashing. How can I fix that? It should I wait until I change the bad battery? Many thanks for your assistance in advance

7 miles only then it slows down and finally stops

Yes, You should take the word of your mechanic and replace that bad battery.

When your charger blinks 2 Red this is telling you that your batteries are too low for it to run a charge cycle and NOT charging when this happens.

Also know that running the car until it stops is bad for ALL your batteries. There is a chance that you have done this so many times that they will all need to be replaced.

Alright, noted your comments. Just for my info, is it correct that even if the volt reads 13.1 of such battery it not the right measure and the Amper is the most important give the power to drive the cart? Thank you again so much and kind regards

Basically, Volts and Amps work together to drive the car but I think you are confusing that with capacity. When your battery breaks down it loses that capacity to retain energy. There are conditions that allow it to charge up and show perfectly Ok, but it will only go a short distance.

I am surprised that you have not changed this battery yet. Several people were telling you that you should replace at least one battery 19 days ago. What are you waiting for? If you continue to run your car the way it is you could damage more batteries.

I ordered the battery and paid for it online already but the supplier send me a message that it’s currently out of stock and that he will supply it during September. What Am I supuse to do? Stop driving the car for the 7 miles that it can be driven for? In this case should I continue charging the car every day or 2 days for example? Pls inform what exactly I should do? Thanks so much again

I didn’t read all, but it seems you may be charging one battery with external charger.
You need to charge each battery until full. Or the single battery will overcharge.
Keep this in mind to not damage a new one.