Driving max time

No, I am charging all the 6 batteries together normally through the onboard charger. Should I continue doing this until I receive the new battery and also should I stop driving the car? Many thanks

BTW, I found another battery brand same specs but higher Amper (120 vs 100 )so can I install it? Thanks a million

Another question pls, based on your instructions, how do I know that the battery is fully charged? Is it by taking a reading for the volt by the meter or what? Much appreciated

I am really worried that I might have damaged another battery as you indicated. I just taken the reading of the other 5 batteries and found them ranging 13.3V and the bad one 13.01 while the reading from the controller is 80.1V. Is that ok? Thanks a lot

Hello dears, I Have a question and a feedback. Regarding the question, the onboard charger ( gem e4 2005) charges the cart for 7 hours u til the green lights blinks but it doesn’t get solid as it used to be and the red light keeps blinking. The display charging bard are indicating the charge correctly as it moves from one bat till the 8th bar. I drive the car yesterday for 25M despite of such red light blinking! Pls inform what has to be done to get back to the solid green light at the end of charging cycle? Regarding the feedback, I changed the bad batteries and when I charged the car as explained above, the charge display worked fine and now goes to the yellow bar and full bars which was totally disturbed before I change the bad battery. Thanks a million and kind regards

@Boodytariq1 - are you the same person as TariqM?
Is this the same car?

No? Then is is sometimes best to start your own topic and we can give you instructions directed to your issues and it won’t get lost in a thread 105 posts long.

When you start your new topic you should also give us more info on your car.

• What batteries are you using?
  • How old are they?
  • After a charge cycle, what are their individual Voltages?

I read this as two concerns here. It sounds like you are confusing two status displays.

The Charger display shows charger status and what stage it is using while it is charging your batteries. The charger will determine what it needs to do to charge the batteries and should be allowed to finish it’s cycle and go to solid green light.

The Dash Panel display shows you two things. When the charger is plugged in, the dash panel shows an animated display that indicates that it is charging. When the car is unplugged and ready to run the dash panel will show an estimated charge state based on what it thinks is on your battery pack.

Whenever you change anything outside of a normal charge routine (such as changing a battery) this display is no longer accurate and most likely needs to be reset. Certain conditions must be met before doing this.

Thanks a lot for your feedback. Yes sir, I am the same person as TariqM and it’s the same car which you have given me instructions 2 weeks ago concerning the right radio connection ( which was the reason behind spoiling one battery which was the radio connected to. You also gave instructions to change that bad battery and I did as explained in the previous message. The issue now is the red light appears in the charger at the end of the charging cycle ( after 7 hours charging nearly)

I am sorry, I don’t know how my name changed to @ Boodytariq1. I am trying to login with tariqM account and post the concerns again. Thank you

Hello dears, I Have a question and a feedback. Regarding the question, the onboard charger ( gem e4 2005) charges the cart for 7 hours u til the green lights blinks but it doesn’t get solid as it used to be and the red light keeps blinking. The display charging bard are indicating the charge correctly as it moves from one bat till the 8th bar. I drive the car yesterday for 25M despite of such red light blinking! Pls inform what has to be done to get back to the solid green light at the end of charging cycle? Regarding the feedback, I changed the bad batteries and when I charged the car as explained above, the charge display worked fine and now goes to the yellow bar and full bars which was totally disturbed before I change the bad battery. Thanks a million and kind regards

[/quote]

When your charger blinks a red light that means it is showing you an error.
Count the flashes between the short pause. Note that it may be a Red(1).

And the rest of my suggestion still stands.
After your charger goes to error. To a complete check of your battery V and post results of what you are getting on your batteries.

Hello sir again, I did you instructed and here is the feedback :

The red error light blinks 2 times and the reading of the batteries V is as follows :
15.4 ( the newly replaced battery)

Thanks again

Yep- those batteries are being baked!!! I’m not liking these numbers at all.
It is also showing you that you may have another battery in process of failing. (#6)

This is the importance of checking your system.
Earlier it was suggested that you check your charge profile and you dismissed the idea.
With repeat charging of these batteries up to 16V, it is possible that you have damaged all of your batteries.

1 Like

THREE times it was mentioned:
message #16, message #32 and message #52

Those geese look cooked!

2 Likes

Bootytarq?

What da fuq darling?

Thanks again for your feedback and instructions . Let me just inform you that I think I have possibly over charged the batteries because after 8 hours of charging I need to reach the solid green light after teeing the blinking green. Accordingly, when I saw the red light, I disconnect the charging cable and wait for 3 mins and connect it again and repeat that 2 times times( this happened today only ). But the reading used to be around 13.3 for all. Arteries when after completing 8 hours charging ( when the red light of the charger blinks at the end )
Regarding checking the charge profile, pls let me know how to do it? Thanks a million in advance

1. unplug charger.
  2. switch off main battery pack.
  3. plug in charger
  4. Observe display on charger.
    It will do a self check, cycle through the lights, then start blinking one of the lights. Count those blinks. There may be a two digit code. It will repeat this code maybe 3 times then error out with a Red(2) error. This is normal.
1 Like

Thanks very much. What do you mean pls by switch off main battery pack? Is it the master switch key? Will carry out the instructions you have given and let you know the result and observations. Much appreciated

1. Switch off the Main Batt Pack using the Flip/Breaker located below the fuse panel.

Thank you very much. I took photos for the fuse panel and the area below it. Could you pls point out where is that switch and the flip/breaker? Much appreciated. I also want to inform you that I drive the car yesterday for 10 miles last night to reduce the high V occurred due to (overcharge) and I took a reading this morning which is

12.75 ( the newly replaced battery)
12.8 ( battery 6 )

Much appreciated