Driving max time

This thing the Red arrow is pointing to.

Thanks a lot again sir. I will do that and get back to you with the feedback. Kind regards

All the laps blinked quickly from top to bottom and from bottom to top one time. Then the second lamp from top illuminated with solid yellow. And the fourth lamp from top illuminated in yellow once for one second and paused for a second then blinked four times, then first lamp from top blinked red 2 times and pause for a second and blinked again 2 times and paused for a second repeatedly. No error code appeared in the charger display and of course the dash display was off as the master switch was switched off. Thanks a lot sir

Repeat that process again and make sure this sequence is how you describe. Usually the flashing 1 and 4 repeats a few times before it faults to the red flash.

If what you observe is correct then your charge profile is set to 14.

Alright sir, I will repeat it 3 times and get back to you again. Much appreciated

I repeated the process 3 times and here is the difference: after all the lights illuminated quickly from top to bottom and from bottom to top, lamp 2 illuminated with solid yellow light while lamp 4 illuminated 1 second and paused for 1 second then blinked 4 times ( for 2 times ) then the first lamp blinked red 2 times and pause for 1 second ( repeatedly). This is quite accurate observation sir. Thanks a million for your continuous very professional help and support.

Hello sir, Any instructions or feedback on the charger given info per your instructions? Many thanks indeed

14 is probably the closest profile for those batteries.
When your batteries were installed did you note if the temp sensor was put back in place or was it bypassed?

The temp sensor looks like a cable end with two small wires coming out of one end. It is normally attached to the first NEG(-) terminal in the first battery of the pack.

I think you also mentioned earlier that you had forced the car into several repeat charge cycles. Did I read that correct?

Test your batteries again. Are they reading normal today?
Run them through a single charge cycle and monitor them as they come up. They shouldn’t go up past 14.7.

1 Like

Hello sir, how are you? Thanks for your continuous support. Yes you are right, I forced the car into several repeat charge cycle and that was most probably the reason behind the very high Volt reading I sent you which you didn’t like at all. I will check the temperature sensor, I will check it and get back to you. Regarding testing the batteries, I charged it duro 8 hours until the charger given green blinking light then the red light ( blinks 2 times and pause for a second repeatedly). The dash display shown 8 green bars. The voltage reading for all batteries were around 13.4V. I drive the car for 17 miles where the display charge was reading the charge level correctly as it’s reading became 3 green bars. I will run the car through a (SINGLE ) charge cycle till I reach the (red blinking light in the charger) then take a reading for the batteries volt and report them to you. Question, I charge the car at night to have it fully charged in the morning. Before, I used to see a solid green light with a solid yellow light and there wasn’t any overcharge. Now with such blinking red lights, is there any overcharge as I don’t know when such red light started to blink? I used to be sleeping during the charging cycle? Is there a way to go back to the solid green light? Pls explain. Very much appreciated as usual and have a lovely time

A complete charge cycle should end with a solid green light.
If it is a red flashing light then count those flashes. A Red(2) does not make sense.

Since you replaced the preferred batteries with something else that is not standard, I would like to make sure you are not running them beyond their limits. I do not trust the dash display since it does not know what batteries you have installed.

After your 17 mile run(before you plug them into charge) Check all of your batteries and note what the voltages are.

When you plug it in at the begin of a charge cycle verify that your charger has booted properly and is charging before you walk away. You will have one yellow light (2nd one from the end) and one stage light indicating rate of charge.

If you can, come back in a couple of hours and make sure the charger is still properly charging and what stage it has come down to or if it blinking Red. Even better would be to check a battery to see what it’s current Voltage level is.

Remember that you are seeing this panel upside down since it is mounted in the car this way.

1 Like

Alright sir, absolutely very professional insights and I have to admire it. will carefully implement the instructions and get back to you. Many thanks again and again and …

Hello sir, trust you are keeping very well.

I have implemented what you have instructed and pls find here below the result and observations:

First of all, the temperature sensor is in the same place you highlighted per the attached photo.

Secondly, the reading of the batteries after driving 20 miles is as follows:

12.33 ( the newly replaced battery)

12.45 ( battery 6)

Thirdly, I ran the car through a single charge and what I observed is that when I plugged the charger, the second and fourth yellow light from the top was solid and another solid yellow light for the 6 bars at the bottom.

I took a reading after 3 hours charging which was as follows:

13.78 ( the newly replaced battery)

14.03 ( battery 6)

After 5 hours charging, the yellow solid light that was in front of the 6 bars at the bottom has moved to the 3 bars and I took another reading which was as follows:

13.86 ( the newly replaced battery)

14.13 ( battery 6)

Fifthly, after 6.5 hours charging, the solid yellow light which was in front of the 3 bars has moved to the 1 bar and after half an hour later the green light started blinking and I took a reading which was as follows :

14.21 ( the newly replaced battery)

15.38 ( battery 6)

I immediately unplugged the charger due to the high volt noticed and didn’t wait to see a solid green light or even the red blinking one which I used to see. Appreciate your instructions as usual and have a lovely time

Great data, While I absorb your information I would like to see one more set.
Now that the batteries have been run up to peak charge, let hem “cool” down a bit (an hour or two) and (without running the car) measure them at “rest”.

1. Is it possible to scrounge up another meter to check accuracy of the meter you are using now? Do a read on one battery at the same time with both meters to see if they agree.
1 Like

Hello again sir, Unfortunately, I got scared when I saw the high volt per the last reading I sent you, so that I drive the car for 3 miles to reduce the high voltage. After that I took a reading and found the batteries volt reduced to a range of 13.4. What’s your new instructions accordingly pls? Just to remind you, before I replace the recent battery, you asked me ti take reading for all the batteries several times ( that when the green solid light appears at the end of the charging) and the reading was 13,4 for all the batteries except the one that was bad and needed to be replaced ( because of the wrong radio connection) many thanks as usual

Sorry, yes I will get another meter and do what you instructed. Much appreciated

Hello sir, trust you are keeping great. I have done another set and I would like to give you detailed explanation. I have driven the car this morning for 18 miles, then I took a reading of the batteries volt which was as follows:

12.48 ( the newly replaced battery)

12.60 (battery 6)

Then per your request, I ran the car through a charge cycle, I plugged the charger in where the second solid yellow light from the top has illuminated and the first solid yellow light from the bottom which is in front of the 6 bars has also illuminated and after 2 hours charging it has moved to the 4 bars, then after another one hour it has moved to 3 bar, then after another 1 hour it has moved to 2 bars and after another 1 hour it has moved to 1 bar. After 6 hours charging, the green light started to blink. I took a reading at reading at that stage which wa as follows :

14.00 ( the newly replaced battery)

14.18 ( battery 6)

after one hour ( the green light was blinking) and I left it one hour blinking then I took a reading which was as follows :

14.21 ( the newly replaced battery)

15.38 ( battery 6)

I immediately unplugged the charger because of the high voltage and waited 1 hour as you instructed to cool the batteries down then I took a reading which was as follows:

The issue now is that I can’t take control of the charging and the batteries reach almost 16 V I f I leave the charger charging ( to reach the solid green light ) and I must unplug the charger while the green light blinking.
Appreciate your instructions and feedback and thank you so much for the continuous support

@Tariqm are you sure the distances you are driving are miles and not kilometers?
It seems odd to be able to drive 18-20 miles and still have approximately 12.6-12.8 volts on any of the batteries since they didn’t appear to be very large batteries.

1 Like

Hello dear, thanks for your message. Yes, the distance in KM is 31KM and I conveyed it into miles. The batteries are Gel AGM 100 Amper each and 2 months old. Best regards

1 Like

Hello sir, yes I am sure because in KM it’s around 31 KM and I convert it into miles. Many thanks

Continue to monitor this. For now, DO NOT walk away from the car when your batteries are approaching the end of the cycle.
Are the batteries charging up that high every time you charge it?
Or was it just that once you decided to check it.
(I didn’t think 14 had an equalize charge in it’s cycle)

I had you look for the Batt Temp sensor a few posts back. Unplug the sensor at the pigtails and measure it’s resistance. (switch your meter to Ohms, probe the sensor without touching the pins with your fingers). It should be close to 10k at room temp. Report back with what you find.

1 Like