Don’t recharge just replace

Don’t recharge just replace
When you go to fill your tank with gas, it may take 5 minutes.
To recharge your EV it takes maybe an hour while you sit and wait.
There is a much faster way to charge your EV, instead of sitting and waiting, why not just exchange your discharged battery with a charged one?

You drive up to a battery exchange site, much like a gas station today only it is more like a car drive though wash where you drive your car between two rails until the red light flashed to stop. A mechanical arm reaches up, removing your discharged battery, replacing your discharged one with a charged one. Your used battery is checked, and you are given credit for any remaining charge still in the battery.
The turn around time maybe five minutes
![image|464x290]
car battery

Comments pro or con welcome

This was proposed when the current EV craze was in its infancy. Are some reasons not to.

.1 Batteries from current manufactures are all different. There is no
'fits all" battery. Value of each runs from $4,000 to beyond $20.000

2 Batteries are big, heavy, and expensive.

3 If the service station fueled 100 cars a day he would have to have storage and handling capability for 150 objects larger than a pallet each.

4 Most of us would not be comfortable installing a battery of unknown condition in our ride.

There are many more reasons why not.

My personal feelings are not shared by many members of this forum. They include the waiting of the battery to charge hours when I can put 350 miles in my tank in 5 minutes. The non existent infrastructure and capacity to support anything more than a small population of pure Electric Vehicles. Some states cannot keep up with current demand today.

Think about this: The record breaking forest fire has finally been extinguished. Due to the loss of the Serendipity Power Plant we will be importing power from neighboring states. Due to heavy damage to power transmission facilities this will take some, as yet. unknown time. During this period heavy electric consuming will be BANNED unessential manufacturing, schools, unnecessary gatherings, air conditioning and like users of electricity including CHARGING OF ELECTRIC VEHICLES are affected…

1 Like

Well hello Mr. Elon Musk '03…
How are those ativan pills treating you lately?
While i have your attention, can i kindly ask you to bring back the Boring flamethrower?

Thanks in advance !

1 Like