DeltaQ Charger Installation instructions/Pic 2003 Gem?

Hello all,

Ordered a DeltaQ Charger and will be here any day now. Wondering if anyone has info, help, pictures, instructions etc on how they installed it so i can get a jump start?

Does it delete the charging led light on dash as i have heard various things?

Thank you in advance…

It can depending on model DQ.

It may have a 4 wire cable, if it’s a Polaris configured DQ.
Red is B+
Black B-
White 10k sensor to B-
Green “danger” do not connect.

If not, need a picture of aux wires and plug.

here is what i am looking at…https://www.petesgolfcarts.com/chargers-batteries/chargers/72-volt/delta-q-72-volt-battery-charger-72v-12-amp-912-7200/

i am just getting around to checking out the batteries and charging them with a car charger. So far one was at 80 and the other 85.

The issue is that made me think the charger finally died was that we have noticed over a few months that it would charge to 100 on the dash, but then fade quicker and quicker over the months we used and recharged. They are new batteries within the year and are high quality US brand deep cycle not cheapo walmart, etc.

So would that still point to the charger not really charging to 100 yet stating that, then while driving it realizes that there is much less charge and adjusts meter…?

The final straw was that it died the fastest ever on our normal few mile journey. Then when i tried to plug in it errored and would not charge from what i could determine from the beeping and led signal.

Any help appreciated…

So far one was at 80 and the other 85.

Assuming this was some sort of % reading? Are you using a new Capacity Tester?

made me think the charger finally died

Maybe yes, maybe no. Is the charger showing any signs of life? Or is it actually dead and lifeless? What charger are you presently using?

They are new batteries within the year and are high quality US brand deep cycle

Back when you installed your latest set of batteries did you check to see what your charger was set for and charging your batteries properly?

The charger on the cart is the original Zivan. The car charger i am using now, is a newer one that will show both battery percentage and volts. It can charge AGM, Flooded, and has 3 levels of charging amperage settings.

Is the Zivan actually dead (or you just assumed dead)??
Does it boot up, make some beeps, maybe a fan?
Was is set in the proper charge profile for your batteries?

cant remember exactly but it was beeping when plugged in and would not stop. Unolugged a few times and same. Just charging a few more batteries…all about 80-85% when i started except one with two front ones to go. The currently charging one was at 9%. All batteries bought at same time

Im not following this at all. Charging individual batteries to a certain %?
Deep cycle batteries? Not golf cart batter8es?
Agm, gel, flooded?
6 x 12v?

Yeah, because it was trying to tell you something. Was this a recent change?

When it was beeping, is your dash mounted LED flashing a color or alternating between two colors?

How long have you been individually charging your batteries like this?

This versionDQ will not run the red light. Good charger. It sounds like the Zivan was not set to the correct battery type and has damaged them. Make sure the DQ is set for the correct type battery.

How can i tell what the Zivan is set as?

Also, it appears the batteries are taking charges so hopefully they arent damaged. I did find that one battery under the hood, had heated up and melted off the screw/bolt connector. This makes me think back when i was first learning about this gem for the first time finding that loose wire under the hood. Folks here say its a battery temp sensor, but never heard how it connects so there must be something going on…maybe connection was loose…or…

yes i am charging flooded batteries individually to test them on how they charge. They look good so far. Havent tried onboard charger again yet. 2003 Gem so 72V…x6 12v

How can i tell what the Zivan is set as?

Depending on the version of your charger,
Look on the front of the charger for a sticker/label that shows a few profile details and address slot # where they are parked.

On the top of the charger is an access hole (possibly covered by a sticker). In this hole is a dial and that dial has a window that shows which Profile address it is currently running. (This pic shows Profile F is selected)